Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

2 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Up until things went down, the tone was already very different. The lighter tone that had taken up a lot of the previous episodes was almost non existent here, outside of the odd moment here and there.

Aye there was no jokes, no funny quips or anything, even the flashback was of the building being blown up, 

Was a really good episode, the bit with buckys arm shows the wakandans werent even 100% sure that he was completely free of his brainwashing

FatWS is so good. Properly impatient for each episode.

So great to get real character development for Bucky and Sam. It's becoming more and more clear why Steve gave Sam the Shield. And Sebastian Stan as Bucky is just outstanding.

The scene with the Dora Milaje and John Walker was just perfect.

I must say, the standard of spin-off shows so far has been superb and if the trailer for Loki is anything to go by, it could be another cracker.

Be interesting to see how the next set of movies will go but so far I’m more than happy post-Infinity War/Endgame as to where things are going.

3 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I must say, the standard of spin-off shows so far has been superb and if the trailer for Loki is anything to go by, it could be another cracker.

Be interesting to see how the next set of movies will go but so far I’m more than happy post-Infinity War/Endgame as to where things are going.

The whole "3 billion people suddenly appearing after 5 years" angle is brilliant tbh.

Maybe Thanos had the right idea?

The whole "3 billion people suddenly appearing after 5 years" angle is brilliant tbh.
Maybe Thanos had the right idea?

Yeah it’s been a really good twist to the narrative. I think (it’s maybe been mentioned here already) that F&WS was meant to be the first spin-off but they swapped the order? Would have been a great natural follow-up given the focus on the problems caused by the sudden return of half the population.

26 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Yeah it’s been a really good twist to the narrative. I think (it’s maybe been mentioned here already) that F&WS was meant to be the first spin-off but they swapped the order? Would have been a great natural follow-up given the focus on the problems caused by the sudden return of half the population.

You're right about the order. And basically, WandaVision finished filming when planned, and F&WS was delayed by earthquakes and virus and they finished in the final quarter of the 2020.

Two episodes to go the Power Broker is a weird one to guess how that's going. Zemo seemed like a candidate but killed Nagel and destroyed the serum. Sharon was the other one that's been introduced but I still think she's investigating the Power Broker/doing something for Fury.

With Zemo, Winter Solider reminders, Civil War feel, and Isaiah Bradley's years of being experimented on it all feels like HYDRA lurking in the background of the show.

I've only watched the first 10 minutes so far, and he only held it for a couple of seconds, but how good did Bucky look with the shield?
Bucky looks good full stop. He has swiftly filled a Steve Rogers shaped hole in my heart.

I digress! Another great episode for me, lots of great little character beats (Bucky sleeping on a couch! Just a couple of guys! Don't flirt with my sister! Training montage! Confirmation that Bucky knew Steve's plan!). And that's just the things I can be vague about..