Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm currently watching Infinity War again.

Steve has just appeared out of the shadows in Waverley. Absolutely tremendous.

Thor, groot and rockets arrival in wakanda was outstanding as well

I watched ragnarok the other day, loki is so well portrayed by hiddleston, when they go to find odin in new york and meet dr strange 😂😂

I absolutely have no idea of what is happening nor who everyone is.  But I love watching it.  Such a fun show.
Yeah, if it hasn't been in any of the movies then I have absolutely no chance of picking up any of the references. Same with The Mandalorian. I'm sure I would enjoy it even more if I did.

This show must also hold the record for longest credits in a 30 min show. I don't think even some movies have as long credits

Yeah, if it hasn't been in any of the movies then I have absolutely no chance of picking up any of the references. Same with The Mandalorian. I'm sure I would enjoy it even more if I did.

This show must also hold the record for longest credits in a 30 min show. I don't think even some movies have as long credits

The credits at the end with all the different countries is a Disney+ thing. We have it on constantly in the house with our son and even all the 4 minute cartoon episodes have 5 minute long credits that go through each individual language!

I'm currently watching Infinity War again.
Steve has just appeared out of the shadows in Waverley. Absolutely tremendous.

I remember walking through Waverley during the time they were setting up for filming. Walked past the sign for the coffee shop in that scene a few times and honestly thought it was just for some new pop-up coffee shop.

Did anyone take a look at the first episode of Superman and Lois? Thought it was quite promising.

Wandavision 

Holy mother of god, that was fucking unreal

Spoiler

Chaos magic, scarlett witch, wandas proper backstory, seeing hayward had lied to rambeau and co, holy f**k that had it all, i thought they'd have her as the scarlett witch, kudos to king kebab maybe (canny mind) who said wanda had a mutant gene/witch powers in her from the start (agatha hinted at that)

I went from not really bothering about this to not wanting it to end, utterly fucking superb stuff 

On 22/02/2021 at 23:29, Mark Connolly said:

Top 10 moments from the MCU would be magic

Thor shouting "I knew it" in Endgame when Steve grabs Mjolnir would definitely be up there for me

a few people mention this moment. I don't get the real fan love for it. Only those who are "worthy" can hold the hammer (ie be able to wield it) and get the power that comes with it. Steve Rogers, as is constantly pointed out, embodies the self-ascribed all American attributes that would supposedly make him worthy. That is what makes the character very very dull though the movies involving him and some of the comic-runs (Brubaker's stint  for example) have been fantastic.

Therefore if anyone in the MCU would be worthy it would be Steve Rogers/Captain America  - is that really so surprising and makes for such a memorable movie moment? 

9 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

a few people mention this moment. I don't get the real fan love for it. Only those who are "worthy" can hold the hammer (ie be able to wield it) and get the power that comes with it. Steve Rogers, as is constantly pointed out, embodies the self-ascribed all American attributes that would supposedly make him worthy. That is what makes the character very very dull though the movies involving him and some of the comic-runs (Brubaker's stint  for example) have been fantastic.

Therefore if anyone in the MCU would be worthy it would be Steve Rogers/Captain America  - is that really so surprising and makes for such a memorable movie moment? 

It's a call-back to age of ultron isn't it, where they're having a contest to lift it and he moves it a bit, then "can't" lift it. 

43 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

It's not surprising in the slightest.

The point is that Steve in the MCU spends his whole life trying to be worthy - everyone else (viewers, included) knows he is, and that moment is when HE finally realises he is

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's not surprising in the slightest.

The point is that Steve in the MCU spends his whole life trying to be worthy - everyone else (viewers, included) knows he is, and that moment is when HE finally realises he is

Some people theorise that the hammer knew in AoU that steve still had a secret he was holding back, in civil war telling iron man (his friend) that he knew bucky killed his parents was that secret, hence in endgame the hammer could be wielded 

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Some people theorise that the hammer knew in AoU that steve still had a secret he was holding back, in civil war telling iron man (his friend) that he knew bucky killed his parents was that secret, hence in endgame the hammer could be wielded 

I think it was clarified that Rodgers was faking it later. Yours was the prevailing theory for a while though.

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

I think it was clarified that Rodgers was faking it later. Yours was the prevailing theory for a while though.

I liked the idea at the time that the hammer only reacted to someone who was willing to give up their life for the innocents, the greater good if you will, hence why thor got it back in thor, and cap could only wield it once it looked completely hopeless against thanos and he essentially knew he was gonna die, 

Basically iron man couldnt even move it in AoU because he always thought of himself, but in endgame he probably could of because he was willing to give up his life for others, 

Shows how good the mcu is when we can talk about films ages after they were released 

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Episode 8. WOW.

Oh yeah, paul bettany is a sneaky son of a bitch with his statement last week btw

Spoiler

The theory is that the cameo he said hadnt been yet and was someone he was desperate to work with for years is apparently himself, hence white vision

Oh and chaos magic and scarlett witch again, just need to repeat it cause it was so good lol