Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Wonder how they'll write in wandas dad being magneto, and given it was stated that aaron taylor johnson signed a multi picture deal with them prior to dying in AoU, i wonder if they will write in the quicksilver and scarlet witch's comic backstory via the multiverse or just leave it as is 

I know there is so many options they can go with the mutants, the new and young avengers is very promising (can see the young avengers being a disney+ series tbh) but i am more looking forward to seeing how feige and co use the F4, Dr Doom is a fantastic villain, always thought the next big villain would be Kang but with the purchase of the fox held rights i can see Doom being it now as he's more recognisable 

I had read a few rumours about Doom being the big bad in the next phase, apart from the fact he's fucking brilliant, the general consensus was that he links all the different streams, having been a major villain for them all.

The potential for the MCU given Marvel/Disney regaining control of so much is amazing. The only thing that could still be seen as a spanner in the whole thing is that Sony still own the rights to Spiderman. There is an agreement in place for one more solo Spidey movie and one team-up one, but there is no way Marvel will gain full control over him again. Sony would be mad to give up such a popular character, and actually have the financial clout to support such a stance. Their deal is something ridiculous like keeping the rights as long as they make a film every 6 years, and with the success of Spiderverse, they could basically make a series out of that while charging Disney a fortune to use the characters in live action/MCU stuff.

Wonder how they'll write in wandas dad being magneto, and given it was stated that aaron taylor johnson signed a multi picture deal with them prior to dying in AoU, i wonder if they will write in the quicksilver and scarlet witch's comic backstory via the multiverse or just leave it as is 
I know there is so many options they can go with the mutants, the new and young avengers is very promising (can see the young avengers being a disney+ series tbh) but i am more looking forward to seeing how feige and co use the F4, Dr Doom is a fantastic villain, always thought the next big villain would be Kang but with the purchase of the fox held rights i can see Doom being it now as he's more recognisable 

Im sure I read that Aaron Taylor Johnson is appearing in WandaVision at some point along with Evan Peters, which surely points to multiverse goings on!!!

Kang is going to be the big bad in Ant-Man 3, but whether it’s a one and done or just laying the groundwork for further nefarious taking over the universe type shenanigans from him hasn’t really been been elaborated upon!!!

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I had read a few rumours about Doom being the big bad in the next phase, apart from the fact he's fucking brilliant, the general consensus was that he links all the different streams, having been a major villain for them all.

The potential for the MCU given Marvel/Disney regaining control of so much is amazing. The only thing that could still be seen as a spanner in the whole thing is that Sony still own the rights to Spiderman. There is an agreement in place for one more solo Spidey movie and one team-up one, but there is no way Marvel will gain full control over him again. Sony would be mad to give up such a popular character, and actually have the financial clout to support such a stance. Their deal is something ridiculous like keeping the rights as long as they make a film every 6 years, and with the success of Spiderverse, they could basically make a series out of that while charging Disney a fortune to use the characters in live action/MCU stuff.

Tbh i think sony will be quite relaxed over spidermans use in the mcu, they give the rights on a film by film basis (or maybe a doubler etc) for a % of the takings, knowing full well just how much money the films will make, its a win win for everyone

For doom being the big bad, like you said he links everything together in terms of mutants, f4 and avengers, but i wonder what they had planned pre acquisition of the fox material, i suspect it would have been kang (like KK said ant man 3 would have introduced him) 

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Im sure I read that Aaron Taylor Johnson is appearing in WandaVision at some point along with Evan Peters, which surely points to multiverse goings on!!!

Kang is going to be the big bad in Ant-Man 3, but whether it’s a one and done or just laying the groundwork for further nefarious taking over the universe type shenanigans from him hasn’t really been been elaborated upon!!!

Hopefully it isn't an ultron type appearance for kang, given he's a major player when it comes tk time travel shenanigans its perfectly setup for him

There is the chance that Doom could be a one and put on the backburner villain, couple of times in the comics he's been banished etc to different realms, could be that phase 4 act 1 is based around him (doom liked to f**k about with time as well) and Kang becomes involved after act 1

Also, and its a big outsider, dont count Thanos out for another appearance, either via the multi verse or by Lady Death bringing him back, and that opens up a massive set of paths for the mcu 

Imagine being one of the top dogs at marvel right now, you could plan out multi billion dollar story arcs for the next 40 years and still not use a fraction of the potential storylines

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbh i think sony will be quite relaxed over spidermans use in the mcu, they give the rights on a film by film basis (or maybe a doubler etc) for a % of the takings, knowing full well just how much money the films will make, its a win win for everyone

For doom being the big bad, like you said he links everything together in terms of mutants, f4 and avengers, but i wonder what they had planned pre acquisition of the fox material, i suspect it would have been kang (like KK said ant man 3 would have introduced him) 

Hopefully it isn't an ultron type appearance for kang, given he's a major player when it comes tk time travel shenanigans its perfectly setup for him

There is the chance that Doom could be a one and put on the backburner villain, couple of times in the comics he's been banished etc to different realms, could be that phase 4 act 1 is based around him (doom liked to f**k about with time as well) and Kang becomes involved after act 1

Also, and its a big outsider, dont count Thanos out for another appearance, either via the multi verse or by Lady Death bringing him back, and that opens up a massive set of paths for the mcu 

Imagine being one of the top dogs at marvel right now, you could plan out multi billion dollar story arcs for the next 40 years and still not use a fraction of the potential storylines

The whole story of Sony acquiring Spider-man is brilliant too, effectively a swap deal for their rights to James Bond, which they ended up with anyway.

Mephisto references???
Just seen the “666” on the toaster advert and putting together all the “devil is in the detail” quotes that seem to be fairly regular, and also knowing that he is quite often in battle against Dr. Strange, could he be the Big Bad of Phase 4 and the cause of the multiverse opening up???

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Mephisto references???
Just seen the “666” on the toaster advert and putting together all the “devil is in the detail” quotes that seem to be fairly regular, and also knowing that he is quite often in battle against Dr. Strange, could he be the Big Bad of Phase 4 and the cause of the multiverse opening up???

Yeah seen they references as well, wonder what's going on with monica rambeau being thrown about the multiverses, or at least into wandas, if mephisto is the bad guy, whos the good guy trying to sort it out for them the now, if it was strange surely there would have veen leaks of cumberbatch on set during filming

The whole twin dying from ultron bit was class

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Mephisto references???

Heres another one for you, vision ran at lightening speed, yeah he could fly etc but he was never shown to run like he did, pietro did however run like that 

This maybe indicates that this is all in her mind, as in she's created the universe she's living in just now, the mephisto references etc could very well be her foreshadowing the future (like she kinda did to tony stark in AoU) 

Vision has been doing all sorts of new stuff in this. Did he ever turn invisible? Because he did it in the opening credits here.

I'm surprised by how many people have at least some knowledge of what's going on here. I also thought Wanda knew more than she was letting on due to how the episode before ended, but evidently not.

2 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Vision has been doing all sorts of new stuff in this. Did he ever turn invisible? Because he did it in the opening credits here.

I'm surprised by how many people have at least some knowledge of what's going on here. I also thought Wanda knew more than she was letting on due to how the episode before ended, but evidently not.

Not exactly invisible but when he phased he essentially became invisible, maybe that's what it was alluding to or like you said, its another power that shes putting into it herself

Your last sentence is probably correct btw, she'll likely know what's going on but something will be restraining her or keeping it buried etc, when you hear the voices asking her "who did this to you" 

On 22/01/2021 at 20:14, 54_and_counting said:

Heres another one for you, vision ran at lightening speed, yeah he could fly etc but he was never shown to run like he did, pietro did however run like that 

This maybe indicates that this is all in her mind, as in she's created the universe she's living in just now, the mephisto references etc could very well be her foreshadowing the future (like she kinda did to tony stark in AoU) 

My theory is* that Wanda has created this reality but Mephisto is the one pulling her strings.

*stolen from online sources. They guessed this before the show started and I liked that theotry. Choosing to go along with it until the show suggests otherwise.

I'm not really trying to wonder what's going on, big picture wise. I'm more interested in who knows what after my earlier assumption that most people weren't aware of what they were involved in, and now it looks like at least a decent number know at least a little bit.

43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

My theory is* that Wanda has created this reality but Mephisto is the one pulling her strings.

*stolen from online sources. They guessed this before the show started and I liked that theotry. Choosing to go along with it until the show suggests otherwise.

The butterflies that appeared when she fixed the babys cot thing is alluding to dr strange being involved apparently, twice butterflies have been used when strange is involved in magic

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Also in regards to the Doctor Strange stuff, I think she's going to be the big bad in that one but the shoe is setting up the background to show you she's not fully in control.

Yeah i thought that as well, dr strange 2 said he would need to take on a once friend who became the enemy, before Wandavision showed i assumed it was baron Mordo, but now you have to think they are implying it to be scarlet witch (can see her turning to scarlet witch for the film as a way to introduce her mutant side to the mcu) 

Id love to see them reintroduce Aaron Johnson as pietro/quicksilver however keeping a superspeed hero in the films is way too overpowered imo