Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah I think that has been confirmed. 

It's just different. Different is always good initially but it eventually needs a bit of substance.

Especially when there's such glaring questions that we know need answered right from the word go. I think the quick move through the decades should help matters considerably until that all comes out though.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah I think that has been confirmed. 

It's just different. Different is always good initially but it eventually needs a bit of substance.

1 hour ago, Andre Drazen said:

Especially when there's such glaring questions that we know need answered right from the word go. I think the quick move through the decades should help matters considerably until that all comes out though.

Its already gave us some nods towards stuff, especially after the end of the first episode when it pans away from the tv, and the voices wanda hears etc 

Funnily enough, one of the descriptions for dr strange 2 is that he has to defeat a friend turned enemy, everyone will have assumed that was baron mordo, but what if its wanda who (thanks to the mutants being allowed in the mcu) turns into scarlett witch and fucks about with the multiverse, hence strange having to battle her? 

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

I've thought for a while that Wanda will end up being the big villain going forward. Or at least one of them. Wasn't thinking it'd go the whole way before Strange though, so reckon it still refers to Mordo for now.

I think she has too. Far too overpowered.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

I've thought for a while that Wanda will end up being the big villain going forward. Or at least one of them. Wasn't thinking it'd go the whole way before Strange though, so reckon it still refers to Mordo for now.

Hopefully the phase 4 villain will be dr doom, with the F4 and new avengers being able to be used doom would seem the obvious big bad, can see scarlett witch maybe being an ultron type villain, 

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think she has too. Far too overpowered.

So far strange is the only one in the mcu with any sort of knowledge that can rival wandas, and iirc in the comics he and captain marvel became the avengers leaders, could very well be the next "avengers" film if you will, the strange led avengers vs Wanda/scarlett witch

I liked it. I never knew I wanted to watch a Bewitched/Life on Mars crossover, but it worked. I think it is right to keep the early episodes short, though (apparently later installments will be longer). The sitcom pastiche could get on your nerves played out for much longer, but hopefully future episodes will have more "what the f**k?" stuff going on to ensure that they don't struggle to fill the running time. Olsen is pretty much perfect as a knowing Elizabeth Montgomery/Lucille Ball type composite figure, and they deserve credit for trying something so massively different from the standard Marvel fare.

Keep an eye on the brooches that Agatha/Agnes is wearing, she’s had it in every scene, think that’s how she’s able to get into Wanda’s world, she’s obviously not one of Wanda’s constructs I reckon it’s some kind of magiccy thing that got her in and also the one worn by Monica Rambeau, hers look awfully like a Dr. Strange type portal, which could be how SWORD has got her in!!!

I can't even remember who SWORD are. I've seen all the films, is that something I should remember? I hope the series works as a standalone format. Using elements of the comics, of course, but not in such a way that those of us who haven't read them will end up totally out of our depth.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I can't even remember who SWORD are. I've seen all the films, is that something I should remember? I hope the series works as a standalone format. Using elements of the comics, of course, but not in such a way that those of us who haven't read them will end up totally out of our depth.

SHIELD got obliterated in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, SWORD is the new offshoot, you’ve only seen them once iirc, in Spider-Man: Homecoming, it’s basically the organisation in the big f**k off spaceship you see Nick Fury in!!!
You see their logo on the wee helicopter Wanda finds in the bushes and on the back of the jacket of the Bee-Keeper guy who climbed out the sewer!!!

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

SHIELD got obliterated in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, SWORD is the new offshoot, you’ve only seen them once iirc, in Spider-Man: Homecoming, it’s basically the organisation in the big f**k off spaceship you see Nick Fury in!!!
You see their logo on the wee helicopter Wanda finds in the bushes and on the back of the jacket of the Bee-Keeper guy who climbed out the sewer!!!

Its interesting that they inserted SWORD into the mcu now, in the comics SWORD was used in a lot of mutant storylines, and given elizabeth olsen mentions a few times about playing scarlet witch in wandavision (instead of saying wanda) this could be disney gently inserting the mutants into the mcu (via multi verse maybe seeing as mutants never appeared in the current mcu universe) 

Its like feige and co have given themselves a lot of room to maneuver in phase 4 and beyond, they have the secret invasion plot, the new avengers plot and the mutants/F4 side as well, which should be good given how well they plotted the first ten years of mcu films 

Its interesting that they inserted SWORD into the mcu now, in the comics SWORD was used in a lot of mutant storylines, and given elizabeth olsen mentions a few times about playing scarlet witch in wandavision (instead of saying wanda) this could be disney gently inserting the mutants into the mcu (via multi verse maybe seeing as mutants never appeared in the current mcu universe) 
Its like feige and co have given themselves a lot of room to maneuver in phase 4 and beyond, they have the secret invasion plot, the new avengers plot and the mutants/F4 side as well, which should be good given how well they plotted the first ten years of mcu films 
Think this is the shout!!!
You see in the trailers that Wanda and Vision have the twins, who in the comics are the characters Wiccan and Speed, who also happen to be mutants, I think the idea of the different decades in every episode is so that they’re going to be born in the 70’s and teens in the 80’s/90’s, so if they are brought out of that environment at that stage, not only do you have a couple of young X-Men ready made, you also have a couple of ready to go Young Avengers to team up with Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, Stature (Ant-Man’s daughter) and probably Spider-Man!!!
Everything always links to something else in the MCU!!!

20 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Think this is the shout!!!
You see in the trailers that Wanda and Vision have the twins, who in the comics are the characters Wiccan and Speed, who also happen to be mutants, I think the idea of the different decades in every episode is so that they’re going to be born in the 70’s and teens in the 80’s/90’s, so if they are brought out of that environment at that stage, not only do you have a couple of young X-Men ready made, you also have a couple of ready to go Young Avengers to team up with Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, Stature (Ant-Man’s daughter) and probably Spider-Man!!!
Everything always links to something else in the MCU!!!

Wonder how they'll write in wandas dad being magneto, and given it was stated that aaron taylor johnson signed a multi picture deal with them prior to dying in AoU, i wonder if they will write in the quicksilver and scarlet witch's comic backstory via the multiverse or just leave it as is 

I know there is so many options they can go with the mutants, the new and young avengers is very promising (can see the young avengers being a disney+ series tbh) but i am more looking forward to seeing how feige and co use the F4, Dr Doom is a fantastic villain, always thought the next big villain would be Kang but with the purchase of the fox held rights i can see Doom being it now as he's more recognisable