Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The 'Snyder Cut' of Justice League is actually happening, it seems. I don't like Zack Snyder's films, I didn't like Justice League, I don't like that weird fanboys got what they wanted by complaining for a couple of years... but I'm actually quite interested to see what this is like. It'll be quite cool seeing a completely different version of an existing film, even if it is boring, miserable and self-important.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The 'Snyder Cut' of Justice League is actually happening, it seems. I don't like Zack Snyder's films, I didn't like Justice League, I don't like that weird fanboys got what they wanted by complaining for a couple of years... but I'm actually quite interested to see what this is like. It'll be quite cool seeing a completely different version of an existing film, even if it is boring, miserable and self-important.

I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect it will be even shitter than the original.

I can't see it being much of an improvement. It basically needs to be a totally different film and not be some pish about boxes with a bland, ineffective bad guy and not feature loads of rubbish CGI minions getting battered. 

I can't see it being much of an improvement. It basically needs to be a totally different film and not be some pish about boxes with a bland, ineffective bad guy and not feature loads of rubbish CGI minions getting battered. 
Obviously I have no idea what it'll include but apparently the theatrical cut was nowhere near what ZS wanted - f**k knows whether that'll be realised in this new cut.
I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect it will be even shitter than the original.
I've not seen JL since it was in cinemas but I thought it was just really, really bland. I didn't hate a lot of what they actually did, but I did hate how much it tried to be like everything else.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I honestly find ZS's cult fascinating and I think there could be a study into their motivations as they seem to stem from more than the fact they liked a pretty shite film (B v S).

He seems to have built a massive reputation despite producing what are fairly average films in general.

On 21/05/2020 at 19:40, Mark Connolly said:

He seems to have built a massive reputation despite producing what are fairly average films in general.

They are also the most consistently homoerotic blockbusters as well.

On 21/05/2020 at 11:05, accies1874 said:

On 21/05/2020 at 17:14, DA Baracus said:

I thought BvS was ok, but I got the extended version on blu ray and it improves the film a lot.  There's still some pretty big missteps in it though.

I watched Justice League on a plane and I remember thinking it was awful, but if you put me on the spot right now, I wouldn't be able to tell you a single thing that happened in it.  It's like I just erased the whole thing from my memory.  Except Superman's CGI mouth, which was equally hilarious and disturbing.  I wonder if they'll fix that?

On 21/05/2020 at 12:05, accies1874 said:

was it confirmed that Joss Whedon came in and finished the shoot or was that just speculation? I see ZS name is still down as Director on IMDb.....

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

was it confirmed that Joss Whedon came in and finished the shoot or was that just speculation? I see ZS name is still down as Director on IMDb.....

There are various claims about it. The official line is that Whedon did the last 20%, while Snyder claims only a quarter of the film was his original work.

On 25/05/2020 at 11:58, KingRocketman II said:

There's no chance anyone other than Josh Whedon wrote The Flash's lines. Aqua Man on the other hand is clearly Snyder.

• 4 weeks later...
Apparently Michael Keaton is in talks to play Batman in the new Flash movie.
Yes please.

Setting him up to play “Old” Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond apparently!!!

• 1 month later...