Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

3 hours ago, Christophe said:

D3EB004D-4020-446C-8E4A-8D5EC36A816D.jpeg

:lol:

Pure and utter speculation but I suspect someone will have to die to save the day, in the next Avengers. Getting into the whole "Soul Stone/Thanos also died with the click of the fingers" territory here, though, which is a murky world of guesswork. 

Quicksilver has also been reportedly seen on the set of avengers 4, 

As has Wolverine, or Hugh Jackman anyway!!!

• 1 month later...

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/a862060/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-fires-director/

James Gunn fired by Disney due to old tweets. I've not seen the tweets so can't comment on the severity of them but it'll be interesting to see who they get to replace him. I'd love to see what Edgar Wright could do with the franchise but that won't happen after the Ant-Man debacle.

The trailer for Aquaman makes the film look terrible. In Justice League (which was just alright) he was quite a 'dark' character however the tone of the Aquaman trailer makes it look like some sort of kids film!

On 22/07/2018 at 09:17, spud131 said:

The trailer for Aquaman makes the film look terrible. In Justice League (which was just alright) he was quite a 'dark' character however the tone of the Aquaman trailer makes it look like some sort of kids film!

One thing the newer DC stuff should have going for them is that they shouldn't be as much of a slapped-together disaster ('Suicide Squad'), as it's been a couple of years since they shat the bed and decided to make things "funnier". 

My problem is that their two latest trailers don't look particularly good. 

2 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

The dark thing wasn't working so well either. They completely fluked having a competent movie with Wonder Woman. The entire DC universe is probably going to be fucking guff filled with shite characters.

I agree, but it was quite funny that they assumed that making it lighter would make it better, but didn't think that some Frankenstein's monster would also be shite. 

Got round to watching 'Black Panther'.

I found the first 30 minutes or so quite messy; they squeezed a lot into that time, so some important things were picked up on but easily forgotten. While it did improve and became more ironed out, I kept thinking that it felt like a compressed TV series, with a fair bit of jumping around and not much left to breathe. 

The characters were all well-written enough to engage me in the story, and Wakanda was a great setting, so a lot of that was enough for the fairly basic story to be sidelined in my mind. The sister, whose name escapes me, and Klaue were the only ones who irritated me, but that was more to do with the kind of character the were as opposed to bad writing or that. 

Big props for having limited bathos, which is a massive improvement on other Disney works, and I was (pleasantly) surprised by how seriously they took the story. 

I did hate the action though. Too often the camera was far too close to see what was actually happening, and, like a lot of these films, the incessant cuts were really distracting, as was the ropy CGI. As a pointless aside, something about the final battle reminded me of the battle in the first Narnia film, but that's neither here nor there.