Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe, but Captain Marvel is set in the 90s.

The first Captain America film is set in the 1940s but the ending of the film features Cap meeting Nick Fury in the present. Wouldn't be outrageous for something similar to happen in Captain Marvel.

spoilers, based on something that happens in the comics:

In the comics, Adam Warlock's soul is trapped inside the soulstone but it escapes and helps defeat Thanos. Given the way that Thanos got the Soul Stone in Infinity War I wouldn't be surprised if Gamorah's soul (maybe everyone who was disintegrated?)  was trapped in the soul stone in the MCU 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Most of the Marvel films are great. Keep them coming I say.

Incidentally the original Superman films are absolute shite.

III and IV are horrific. Although I do get a weird enjoyment from III nonetheless. The first and second are excellent though.

III and IV are horrific. Although I do get a weird enjoyment from III nonetheless. The first and second are excellent though.

Totally agree with this, in fact Superman II is one of the best ever examples of the genre!!!

On 16/05/2018 at 21:10, 54_and_counting said:

Seen deadpool 2 today, fantastic film, josh brolin is fantastic as cable but as usual the film overall is what you'd expect from deadpool, cracking humour with lots of blood, deaths and exceptional fight scenes

I also thought it was superb, perhaps better than the first one. I thought Domino was really good also :wub:

Fun fact for you, the Red Skull in Avengers: Infinity War was played by Ross Marquand, who plays Aaron in The Walking Dead, didn't realise that till well after the fact. I honestly thought it was Hugo Weaving again, he got the voice spot on!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Fun fact for you, the Red Skull in Avengers: Infinity War was played by Ross Marquand, who plays Aaron in The Walking Dead, didn't realise that till well after the fact. I honestly thought it was Hugo Weaving again, he got the voice spot on!!!

Aye sounded really like him. Apparently Hugo Weaving hated his time on Captain America though.

Anyone else notice the "Snatch" reference when Thanos was torturing The Collector for the Reality Stone???
Also noticed the Arrested Development Easter egg as well???

Also enjoyed the movie.

It's being showran by Damon Lindelof. People always focus on his previous with Lost, but it's his free free reign for taking source material to The Leftovers, and going in own direction for seasons two and three (which arguably as good television as I've seen) that I'm curious about. Apparently it will be along the same lines for this. His instagram post last week about it alone should be enough to be 100% in for this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/damon-lindelof-posts-open-watchmen-letter-instagram-1114216

Edited by the jambo-rocker