Au Revoir Arsene?

RandomGuy

Big decisions   

293 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Arsenal cannot sack Arsene Wenger. He is without a doubt the greatest manager in the entire history of the club. Even in slightly difficult times, that cannot be forgotten.

If Arsenal were to fall out of the Champions League placings and started to consider getting rid of Wenger, they have to remembert where they were before he came. They would have dreamt at that time of a top 4 place and since his arrival, they have not fallen out of the top 4.

Wenger is building up Arsenal slowly but surely. He is taking his time, but when FFP comes into the equation, he will have them in an excellent state to cope and gain success.

To sack Wenger would be to show how little time we give managers nowadays and how often we disregard their past success with the club.

No, Arsenal cannot sack Arsene Wenger. He is without a doubt the greatest manager in the entire history of the club. Even in slightly difficult times, that cannot be forgotten.

If Arsenal were to fall out of the Champions League placings and started to consider getting rid of Wenger, they have to remembert where they were before he came. They would have dreamt at that time of a top 4 place and since his arrival, they have not fallen out of the top 4.

Wenger is building up Arsenal slowly but surely. He is taking his time, but when FFP comes into the equation, he will have them in an excellent state to cope and gain success.

To sack Wenger would be to show how little time we give managers nowadays and how often we disregard their past success with the club.

:huh:

:huh: He has managed the Gunners since 1996....

Dont think they should fire him, but his lack of activity in the transfer market over the years when they clearly need to strengthen particuallary in defence would annoy me if i was an Arsenal fan.

What is it with him? Do they have the money?

Yet another disappointing result for Arsenal, and one that shows (yet again) that Arsenal don't have the players who can mentally challenge for the title. Arsene Wenger's job must seriously be in doubt....

how the f**k did you manage to get -16 for that. I thought it was reasonable.

how the f**k did you manage to get -16 for that. I thought it was reasonable.

Not that i'm in anyway privvy to RandomGuys

mind but I think he'd say it's because most folk were jealous he spoke this truth before them

Paul Merson was on SSN and he said "For the first season in a long time, Arsenal aren't certainties to be in the top 4". Which would be great if he hadn't said the exact same thing last season, and the season before...

He also said they should have signed ex-Chelsea failure Scott Parker and ex-Newcastle failure Charles N'Zogbia in order to win the league.

canny believe that to replace Fabregas & Nasri he's looking at a Birmingham defender!

He's clearly one of the best managers in the world, he has a constant stream of good players coming through & he won't be held to ransom by players, when I was a boy & started following Arsenal they were a team finishing 7th/8th just before Wenger came in but memories are short. people wont remember before him, they'll just thing no trophies=manager must go despite the excellent job he's done of creating a top 4 side that is totally consistant. He'll lprobably go at some point this season due to fan pressure but it will be the end of an era & Arsenal will slip back to being a Spurs/Villa/Everton type team.

the next manager will be Dragan Stojković

He also said they should have signed ex-Chelsea failure Scott Parker and ex-Newcastle failure Charles N'Zogbia in order to win the league.

n'zogbia was quality for newcastle.

he only left because joe kinnear kept calling him charles insomnia. kinnear was an utter fanny.

canny believe that to replace Fabregas & Nasri he's looking at a Birmingham defender!

He's clearly one of the best managers in the world, he has a constant stream of good players coming through & he won't be held to ransom by players, when I was a boy & started following Arsenal they were a team finishing 7th/8th just before Wenger came in but memories are short. people wont remember before him, they'll just thing no trophies=manager must go despite the excellent job he's done of creating a top 4 side that is totally consistant. He'll lprobably go at some point this season due to fan pressure but it will be the end of an era & Arsenal will slip back to being a Spurs/Villa/Everton type team.

the next manager will be Dragan Stojković

He's clearly one of the best managers in the world, but he's clearly not looking to replace Fabregas and Nasri with a Birmingham defender. He's looking to shore up a shite defence with a Birmingham defender. Whether that sound strange or not, the point you make is total bullshit. When that young lad was signed a few days back folk were going mental that he hadn't signed a centre back instead. Now the rumours about Fabregasand Nasri intensify and Wenger basically confirms them, the rumours about the defender come, and then he gets blasted for that? I'm by no means an Arsenal fan, or even much of a Wenger fan in terms of his transfers, though everyone should really admire the football he gets his side playing, but it seems like he can't win.

Just because he's signing folk in a different order rather than replacing them as they leave doesn't mean he isn't replacing folk. Give him a chance :lol:

That video is utter class btw.

People have been slating Wenger for years for not signing an English central defender, and then when he tries to sign one he gets stick for that too.

You can guarantee that if he hadn't/doesn't sign Dann the pundits will list him, along with Cahill and Jagielka as one of the players he should have signed.

Paul Merson was on SSN and he said "For the first season in a long time, Arsenal aren't certainties to be in the top 4". Which would be great if he hadn't said the exact same thing last season, and the season before...

When were Arsenal - or anyone - ever certainties for anything?

And the second statement is somehow stupider than the first.

When were Arsenal - or anyone - ever certainties for anything?

And the second statement is somehow stupider than the first.

Parker would be a great signing for Arsenal, rather have him in my team than Wilshere

Wenger said he expects no one to leave. So Twitter has been going mad with news cesc deal set to be completed, and an announcement is due.

If then Nasri leaves, there will have a number of problem positions and with wenger seemingly unwilling to use his budget, it could be a tough season ahead.

Wenger said he expects no one to leave. So Twitter has been going mad with news cesc deal set to be completed, and an announcement is due.

If then Nasri leaves, there will have a number of problem positions and with wenger seemingly unwilling to use his budget, it could be a tough season ahead.

Wenger said that at 9am this morning. 12pm and the Fabregas deal is 99% complete and should be confirmed tomorrow. He really has lost the plot.

He's signed/signing Jadson from Shakhtar and WILL sign players when his "£60M Warchest" comes through when Cesc and Nasri are both officially gone. It annoys the shite out of me though. Manchester United completed their spending before July and Arsenal always leave it to the last month.

Understatement of the century. I have passed shites quicker.

Parker would be a great signing for Arsenal, rather have him in my team than Wilshere

Scott Parker is not a particularly good player. And that is why he failed at Chelsea. And that is why he plays for West Ham. There is no way Arsenal would sign him, the best he can hope for is a mid table side.

Wilshere is a far better player.

Wenger said that at 9am this morning. 12pm and the Fabregas deal is 99% complete and should be confirmed tomorrow. He really has lost the plot.

He's signed/signing Jadson from Shakhtar and WILL sign players when his "£60M Warchest" comes through when Cesc and Nasri are both officially gone. It annoys the shite out of me though. Manchester United completed their spending before July and Arsenal always leave it to the last month.

Yeah, well, as I've said so many times on this site, if a team sells 2 players and the figure quoted in the media is £60 that does no mean that £60 million or anything even cose to £60 million appears in your bank account.

Archived