The Sopranos

yoda

On 26/01/2023 at 00:13, Busta Nut said:

Just finished another run through of this.

I'll never know what to make of the last scene or what to believe was supposed to have happened.

What a fucking show.

When I went to New York in September my mate didn't want to do the tour as he couldn't get into it so we settled on going to the diner of the last scene and going to see the house. Diner was incredible and I sat in the table that Tony sat in.

Best show ever, it is heavy going when trying to binge watch though I could only manage 2 episodes a day as it can be so heavy going at times with so much going on.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

I've talked the missus into watching it. She fucking grimaced as she did so but I reckon she'll love it.

Another rewatch coming

My mrs was the same and ended up loving it, same with The Wire. Mental to have two of the greatest shows of all time on the same network at the same time basically.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

When I went to New York in September my mate didn't want to do the tour as he couldn't get into it so we settled on going to the diner of the last scene and going to see the house. Diner was incredible and I sat in the table that Tony sat in.

Best show ever, it is heavy going when trying to binge watch though I could only manage 2 episodes a day as it can be so heavy going at times with so much going on.

Did the tour last year, September too funnily enough. Loved it though I am an unashamed fan boy. There’s a bit of filler in it but the big ticket locations, the diner and Bada Bing/Satin Dolls in particular are brilliant. It’s a pity the Satriale’s building is gone though.

6 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Did the tour last year, September too funnily enough. Loved it though I am an unashamed fan boy. There’s a bit of filler in it but the big ticket locations, the diner and Bada Bing/Satin Dolls in particular are brilliant. It’s a pity the Satriale’s building is gone though.

Did any of the former actors appear? There was a tour when I was there that was a bit more expensive but it was a former person in the show doing the tour.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

Did any of the former actors appear? There was a tour when I was there that was a bit more expensive but it was a former person in the show doing the tour.

Nah, the guy had been an extra on a few things but not Sopranos. He was really good though, Italian American and knew his shit.

The episode where Tony has the curry and it gives him a fever and hallucinations about Big Pussy.

He wakes from one of his nightmares and when Carmella tries to comfort him he says something along the lines of "death, its just nothing. It's all black".

All black like those final 10 seconds of the final episode.

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The episode where Tony has the curry and it gives him a fever and hallucinations about Big Pussy.

He wakes from one of his nightmares and when Carmella tries to comfort him he says something along the lines of "death, its just nothing. It's all black".

All black like those final 10 seconds of the final episode.

Aye there is so much of stuff like this hinting to him being killed but god damn, hopefully they just had a nice meal.

8 hours ago, KD1711 said:

This guy never take his eyes off you?

The Sopranos' Finale, 10 Years Later: Tony's (Alleged) Killer Speaks |  TVLine

I'd presume the diner has removed Don't Stop Believin' from the jukebox otherwise it would just be on all the time.

10 hours ago, Swarley said:

This guy never take his eyes off you?

The Sopranos' Finale, 10 Years Later: Tony's (Alleged) Killer Speaks |  TVLine

I'd presume the diner has removed Don't Stop Believin' from the jukebox otherwise it would just be on all the time.

This guy is the absolute ringer for the Ukraine president.

The diner was class food wise and cheap, ended up grabbing a couple of t shirts and hats.

The owner of Tonys house came out when I had pulled up and was happy for me to go up and get some pictures on the driveway, they must get that all the time.

26 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

This guy is the absolute ringer for the Ukraine president.

The diner was class food wise and cheap, ended up grabbing a couple of t shirts and hats.

The owner of Tonys house came out when I had pulled up and was happy for me to go up and get some pictures on the driveway, they must get that all the time.

Please tell me he was wearing a dressing gown and smoking a cigar

7 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Please tell me he was wearing a dressing gown and smoking a cigar

Unfortunately it was an older woman, she did look a bit like Carmella though. Didn't think to check the bird seed out the back as that would've covered my holiday and then some.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First time watching this.

The Wire is my favourite but 2 seasons in this is at least so far second best show of all time but could even go top once I've seen the rest. 

Massive fan of JNR the auld uncle and I've just watched the episode where Janice kills her prospective husband who is also Tony's rival. 

Don't know much about Gandolfini and haven't seen him in anything else but you can tell it's just one of those perfect fit roles where it's like they are born to play that character.