The Sopranos

yoda

I seem to be the only one, but I think Pine Barrens is massively, massively over-shadowed by a few of the darker episodes; 'Long Term Parking' is the best hour of TV ever filmed, in my view, and 'University' is so, so good.

The music in 'From Where To Eternity' is priceless. Another tremendous episode.

Rewatch those 3 and you'll be back addicted...

I'm currently re-watching the whole thing (3 episodes into the second part of the final season), and I'd partly agree. On second viewing I'd say that Pine Barrens is still arguably the most enjoyable episode, but not necessarily the best. Long Term Parking is indeed simply magnificent television.

I'm currently re-watching the whole thing (3 episodes into the second part of the final season), and I'd partly agree. On second viewing I'd say that Pine Barrens is still arguably the most enjoyable episode, but not necessarily the best. Long Term Parking is indeed simply magnificent television.

Have to agree with you Mel.

I like "Luxury Lounge" some great cameos in that one & any epsiode with Little Carmine has got to be gold !!! I love his total disregard for the English language - he is a massive twat !!!!!

Thats why they were there, to give a real perspective on Tonys family life.

exactly. it might have been more entertaining if aj was some slick talking, funny guy like seth cohen but it wouldn't have been true to the story.

there's a theme throughout the show of the sons of the mobsters - anthony jnr, jackie jnr bobby jnr, vito jnr, carmine jnr - being complete diddies and fucked up. tony always tried to seperate his mob life from his home life but it was impossible and the final message is that even although he truly loves his kids he (and carmela through her complicity) has completely fucked them up.

Edited by T_S_A_R

I just finished watching The Sopranos tonight.

That has to be the best ending to one of the best TV shows ever. Absolutely stunning.

I wish I could wipe my memory and watch the whole thing over again. If my next choice (Boardwalk Empire) is half or even a tenth as good Ill be well happy.

Fucking class.

Just watched the first episode in season six. Won't give anything away but the acting from Dominic Chianese (Junior Soprano) since the start of seaosn five has been outstanding. However in episode one of season six he tops all his previous performances. It's great to watch.

Well, 'Join The Club' (episode two of season six) is probably the best TV episode I've ever seen. It trumps 'Long Term Parking' for me. Edie Falco puts in one of the best on-screen performances I have ever seen in TV and film. Wonderful stuff, which is at times quite moving.

Edited by yoda

Well, 'Join The Club' (episode two of season six) is probably the best TV episode I've ever seen. It trumps 'Long Term Parking' for me. Edie Falco puts in one of the best on-screen performances I have ever seen in TV and film. Wonderful stuff, which is at times quite moving.

Get a synopsis in spoliers, I can't remember the episodes off hand. :D

I'll just put a wiki link because I'm terrible at explaining what happens in a film or TV show.

Contain spoilers. Wiki synopsis of 'Join The Club'.

It really is an exceptional performance from Falco. There are a couple of moments when I was honestly thinking 'f**k, I'm going to be greeting in a moment'. :lol:

If anyone gets the chance, re-watch it.

Edited by yoda

I'll just put a wiki link because I'm terrible at explaining what happens in a film or TV show.

Contain spoilers. Wiki synopsis of 'Join The Club'.

It really is an exceptional performance from Falco. There are a couple of moments when I was honestly thinking 'f**k, I'm going to be greeting in a moment'. :lol:

If anyone gets the chance, re-watch it.

Ahhhh yes, that's some pretty good stuff right there, I seem to remeber AJ, and Silvio, having good turns around this time as well

• 1 month later...

WTF was with the ending? :huh:

The tension in the diner looked like it was building up to something. Then it just ended.

:blink:

It left it to your imagination there's also been rummors for years about a movie too but i would na hold your breth on that one

I have 2 episodes left of the last series but I'm saving them until I've finished my report. Easily the greatest television program ever. I don't think there's much if anything that even comes close.