The Sopranos

yoda

5 hours ago, Namond Brice said:

There is no way Pep is Tony! He's cheesy as f**k. 

The only manager who could be Tony is Big Phil Scolari. 

Arrigo Sacchi as Junior. 

Mourinho as Jonny Sack.

Wenger as Father Intintola. 

Neil Lennon as Janice. 

Brendan Rodgers as Ralphie.

Tim Sherwood has Christopher vibes. Completely unsuited to his job. 

Conte as Silvio. 

Diego Simeone as Paulie. 

Went to see the Many Saints last night - loved it.

I won’t say much until more folk get a chance to see it but I thought the casting was excellent and I liked how the story was cleverly interwoven with events of cultural significance. 

It’s got me in the mood for rewatching the series for the 5th time tbh.

13 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Also went last night and thought it was guff. 

All about opinions. Thin to no plot (and yet still has some considerable holes), actors doing exaggerated impersonations of their future TV characters, Michael Gandolfini an unconvincing young Tony. 

Agree with this.

The guy playing Silvio was basically just a caricature. All the call backs were entertaining but there was nothing original that stood up and Dickie Moltisanti wasn't a strong lead character.

It also wasn't funny at all.

On 23/09/2021 at 09:47, Virtual Insanity said:

Also went last night and thought it was guff. 

All about opinions. Thin to no plot (and yet still has some considerable holes), actors doing exaggerated impersonations of their future TV characters, Michael Gandolfini an unconvincing young Tony. 

I think the general opinion will sway massively from shite to excellent, don’t see many people having an indifferent opinion of it.

I thought the young Sylvio was a bit forced, although it’s such a unique character that it’s a near impossible task to replicate him.

I liked Michael Gandolfini, I liked that he didn’t try and replicate the intensity and intimidation of Tony Soprano. Not many people could. He portrayed him as a relatively normal teenager that was eventually influenced by the mob and caused him to become the feared Mob boss. 

On 25/09/2021 at 13:41, NotThePars said:

Can also get a big discount if you attempt to cancel your sub.

I've been on £5 a month for about a year now. 

Edit : just went on to see, Oct 28th it runs out. Went to cancel and got the "Oops! Something went wrong!" message. Fully expecting another 6 months at £5 email offer tomorrow. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

Wasn’t totally enamored by the film and the twist is pretty obvious early on in the film for me. 

There was some good Leo DiCaprio meme moments when your pointing out certain things.

I think I'm disappointed as I have been hyping this up for well over a year, a bit like I did with the Irishman. The only difference is the irishman gets better with every viewing, I don't feel the need to re watch this movie and I hope there isn't another one. 

Enjoyed it more on the second watch but would have been better as a series, with more scope to develop the themes and characters. They’ve tried to cram in so much into two hours the pacing is mental with a really thin plot line. As an addendum to The Sopranos it’s fun but as a stand-alone movie it’s pretty weak really. Another film would be good if we get to see more of young Livia who’s the best thing in the film by a mile and should have featured more. The actors who play Paulie and Junior play it right, understated which is what was required as to not become a cartoonish parody, like Silvio is unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see The Many Saints of Newark tonight. Quite enjoyed it in a low key way, more suited to streaming on tv I think. I can get why it would be a let down for Sopranos fans, it was more just trying to capture the feel of 60s New Jersey than anything like a plot, and hardly any mafia business. Pretty obviously a set up for prequal 2, with it finishing so early in the the timeline. 

• 4 weeks later...