The get fit, stay fit thread

1 minute ago, Pato said:

oh I'm sure it's possible for people doing it seriously but for dafty auld amateurs like me no chance I'm ever getting near that for a squat. I reckon I could deadlift that much though. We'll find out when I'm hospitalised next week.

Aye I was more mean what you should aim for if you are pushing for heavy

Just weighed myself to see the damage of lockdown and it's not a pretty sight, but really looking forward to getting back into a routine again from tomorrow. 

I'm awful for eating out of boredom so while the gym has the obvious health benefits the routine I get from it really helps as well. Hopefully get back to boxing once I regain some kind of basic level of fitness again 🤦‍♂️

Well was in the gym this morning when it opened at 6, mostly the folk who normally went at that time pre-lockdown but quite a few new folk - many of whom will fall away after a week or two.  It's a bit like the first Monday in January really, quite busy for about 30-40 mins then started to quieten down. 

Petty things thread for this, probably, but for the love of f**k it looked like Gym Shark was having some corporate event in there and half the younger folk just stared at their phones for about 10 mins between sets while folk waited for a platform.  That kind of behaviour deserves a dumbbell to the coupon.  

Anyway, happy training.  I'm glad I'm not training outdoors in a carpark anymore.  Looking forward to hearing how sore everyone is tomorrow!  

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Well was in the gym this morning when it opened at 6, mostly the folk who normally went at that time pre-lockdown but quite a few new folk - many of whom will fall away after a week or two.  It's a bit like the first Monday in January really, quite busy for about 30-40 mins then started to quieten down. 

Petty things thread for this, probably, but for the love of f**k it looked like Gym Shark was having some corporate event in there and half the younger folk just stared at their phones for about 10 mins between sets while folk waited for a platform.  That kind of behaviour deserves a dumbbell to the coupon.  

Anyway, happy training.  I'm glad I'm not training outdoors in a carpark anymore.  Looking forward to hearing how sore everyone is tomorrow!  

I hated this when I used the gym but started to not give a fck. Let the morons waste their time as long as they're not clogging up the machines.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I hated this when I used the gym but started to not give a fck. Let the morons waste their time as long as they're not clogging up the machines.

Aye, that was my issue this morning.  It was much busier than usual for 6am, and there were a few other folk having to wait because of it.

You see the odd person at that shit at the gym I go to but for the most part the lad that owns it loudly rips the pish out folk when they look at their phones. Pop it in the terms of membership for me Glenn. Anyone caught instagramming directly from the gym gets a weeks ban

Was in the gym for half 6 this morning. Like others have said, there were a few recognisable faces but a few newbies as well. Definitely busier than it would normally be at that time in the morning but I'd expect it'll quiten down over the next couple of weeks.

First session back was a leg session. Took it fairly easy and worked off 50% of my pre-lockdown 1rm. Will look to build up gradually over the next 4-6 weeks or so before going back to my usual regime.

Back to the gym today after well over 18 months and shifting 2 stone from November-Mid Feb by mostly running.

Great session of chest that I didn’t max out on and cause an injury.

Definitely busier than I mind the gym late at night but only one gym shark outfit in sight in the hour I was in.

Wee bit of shoulders today to ease my way back in. The dumbbells and kettlebell I'd acquired have helped to an extent since the start of the year but mentall what a difference it was to be working out in an actual gym and not the living room.

Fucking buzzing for chest tomorrow.

2 sessions for me so far and no injuries sustained [emoji41].

Hit chest today and again worked off around 50% of my previous 1rm. Everything feels heavy and moves slowly. I've no doubt that things will improve over the next few weeks but I definitely feel as though I'm struggling more than I did when I went back to the gym after lockdown 1.0.

I did chest, shoulders, triceps yesterday and it was much harder than I was expecting. I was saying to my mate at work I won't go lower than 20kg chest press dumbbells from 26kg in December and it turned out I was struggling with 16kg! Back and biceps later on and I'm looking forward to possibly managing one pull up. 

It was funny seeing that some roiders are even more jacked than they were last year but others seem to have melted. They all seemed very happy to be back in their social club though so fair play to them. 

Aye was class to be back. Ive been pretty lucky to have a smallish garage gym so havent lost much/any strength but was good to get back to the full gym. Got a busy week but will try to get back to 4 days a week from next week

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

Just spent a small fortune there in the Nike store so feel fitter already. 

Anything new in or same stuff that they had around Xmas time? 

18 minutes ago, Duffy_ said:

Anything new in or same stuff that they had around Xmas time? 

It was the one at Craigleith and has quite a bit of new stuff. Good prices too. Where do you you go boxing? Always like the Nike running stuff for boxing.