Jump to content
die hard doonhamer

The get fit, stay fit thread

Recommended Posts

10k round about where I stay, very enjoyable. Had signed up for a half marathon which has now been cancelled so will aim for that distance as my target over the next wee while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been to gym in garage every day for two weeks now. Three days lifting then one day resistance bands and press ups.
So glad I got this stuff. I feel fitter than before this kicked off.
Can now knock out 15 pullups without stopping.
Progression went
3
5
6
8
10
15

Had a sore shoulder for a few weeks but that cleared up.

Probably around 150 pullups and 200 chin ups a week now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a short run(4.5k) which i have been managed 5 times in the last 10 days. Essentially just up and down two hills, then home. 105m climb over a very short distance and leaves me absolutely fucked every time. Taken my time down from 30 minutes to 26 minutes so far. Will keep at it and see if I can get under 24 minutes.

Also been trying to do sets of press ups to break up the monotony of working from home. Started the week with 10 sets of 10, done 11x11 on Tuesday, 13x13 yesterday and 14x14 today. I want to get up to 20x20 before the end of next week and will see how high I can take it thereafter. Will need to make sure I stop whenever we are back in the office mind you. Don’t want to be the new office oddball...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

400 press-ups then a 2 hr run with the dog to start the day. Now off to start a punchbag workout.

Caffeine’s a hell of a drug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

400 then a half marathon?

Then a tenth espresso followed by six rounds on the punchbag. 100 more press-ups then a bath. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Did you not say you have Lime disease the other day?

Yes - antibiotics are doing a grand job! Mrs and mother seem to think I should be at death’s door but a couple of days’ meds and the fever etc lifted. Always get a fitness kick on when the clocks change and the days get a bit longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yes - antibiotics are doing a grand job! Mrs and mother seem to think I should be at death’s door but a couple of days’ meds and the fever etc lifted. Always get a fitness kick on when the clocks change and the days get a bit longer. 

I agree about the clock changes giving your training a boost but I would maybe get some advice. Long distance running and extreme exercise in general reduces your body's ability to fight infection. 

I'm not sure how this would relate to Lyme disease but it's definitely worth inquiring about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Then a tenth espresso followed by six rounds on the punchbag. 100 more press-ups then a bath. 

I swear you're going to drop down dead of a heart attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I swear you're going to drop down dead of a heart attack
Whilst Shandon would rinse me skills wise at boxing, I still give myself a strong punchers chance if we ever meet in the ring, by targeting his coffee addled ticker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whilst Shandon would rinse me skills wise at boxing, I still give myself a strong punchers chance if we ever meet in the ring, by targeting his coffee addled ticker.

I’d be hoping to grind him down with body shots or relying on his heart giving out - most hope would be on the latter.
3 mile run at a very gentle pace with my mum this morning. Said she had to get 5 photos for her jogging group bingo thing - 21 photos by the end. It was very frustrating but first I’ve done for about two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of 100 press ups today I decided to do 1000. Done 850 so far so will rattle off a few more once my dinner has gone down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NJ2 said:


I’d be hoping to grind him down with body shots or relying on his heart giving out - most hope would be on the latter.
3 mile run at a very gentle pace with my mum this morning. Said she had to get 5 photos for her jogging group bingo thing - 21 photos by the end. It was very frustrating but first I’ve done for about two weeks.

3 hours? The virus is clearly taking its toll on members. Pics of your mum or GTF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours? The virus is clearly taking its toll on members. Pics of your mum or GTF.

It’s taken hold of your reading ability. 3 miles. It was 3.1 miles or something. Half an hour or so, most of it stood waiting while she took photos. She’s happily married but if it goes south, I’ll put in a word for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:


It’s taken hold of your reading ability. 3 miles. It was 3.1 miles or something. Half an hour or so, most of it stood waiting while she took photos. She’s happily married but if it goes south, I’ll put in a word for you emoji106.png

I meant three hours since anyone asked for pics of said mother. Well done anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I meant three hours since anyone asked for pics of said mother. Well done anyway!

Ah right, with you now. Aye, this place is fucked. Even the junior threads are seeing disagreements!
It was something, knee was sore after about 10 minutes but eased off again quick enough. Will try and get out again tomorrow now I know a pleasant route that’s not too strenuous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NJ2 said:


Ah right, with you now. Aye, this place is fucked. Even the junior threads are seeing disagreements!
It was something, knee was sore after about 10 minutes but eased off again quick enough. Will try and get out again tomorrow now I know a pleasant route that’s not too strenuous.

Brilliant for you to at least get moving on it again. Have you tried the double strength ibuprofen (Cuprofen?) from chemists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...