The get fit, stay fit thread

Hope the weather stays like this for it. Been out running round the hills and paths of Bonaly, Colinton etc today and it’s a great head space to be in when all you’re concentrating on is enjoying the exercise and the views.
I was born in, and lived very briefly, in Colinton.

Are you my dad?

For no weight cardio workouts I'll do Ross Enamait's GPP routines.  

Girlfriend has 20kg of weights including a 2.5kg bar which I'll use for Alwyn Cosgrove complex workouts.  So a mixture of weight/cardio and will keep upping reps over time.

Struggling a bit for more strength based stuff, asked my gym if I can borrow a 20kg weighted vest to use with my 20kg at home. Will do single arm pulls/pushes with the 20kg keep it slow and increase reps over time again.  Can do pull ups/dips in the park.  Think there's a couple of pieces outdoor gym equipment at Leith Links for pull down/leg press.  

Will probably end up just using this time to get fitter/leaner and pick up strength again once this pish is over with.

20 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Will probably end up just using this time to get fitter/leaner and pick up strength again once this pish is over with.

Pretty much my plan. Have some dumbbells that I managed to fish out of the basement but only go up to 10kg each. Will mostly hammer the cardio and work out a bit of a routine I can use them for, and try to avoid losing too much muscle. Not expecting to get near a gym before the beginning of May.

Guest Moomintroll
Mrs Mathematics and I did Arnie’s home workout today. Piece of piss. I should be an Adonis by the end of the pandemic.
Did you put a pony in a headlock you ghastly beast?

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
19 hours ago, mathematics said:
Mrs Mathematics and I did Arnie’s home workout today. Piece of piss. I should be an Adonis by the end of the pandemic.

Did you put a pony in a headlock you ghastly beast?

Only to kiss it goodnight.

Guest Moomintroll
Never quote me again.
Don't blame me, blame Arnie, I know how to spell the word correctly so I suggest you get to the chopper & take it up with him.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I wouldn't be touching anything like that as you've no idea who else has touched it & what precautions they've taken (probability all were wearing gloves & spraying down after = 0)

You shouldn't be doing that for the same reasons.

Will be wearing gloves myself.

I got my conservatory tidied so now I have access to my rack again in the event I won't be at work for the next few weeks. Going to do a variation of Stronglifts 5x5, will keep it fairly simple - just barbell work. I've got a couple of kettlebells as well so will use those.

I got my conservatory tidied so now I have access to my rack again in the event I won't be at work for the next few weeks. Going to do a variation of Stronglifts 5x5, will keep it fairly simple - just barbell work. I've got a couple of kettlebells as well so will use those.

You just reminded me I have a couple of kettlebells in the garage. It’s been a while [emoji85]

Find that kisstory and or absolute radio 90s seems the best workout radio. Obviously mixcloud or soundcloud are decent and YouTube playlists.

Its a bit head in the sand but I need two hours or so a day just to workout and listen to music without the news etc.

also find writing down the workout helps somehow