The get fit, stay fit thread

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You need work on your triceps.

I know

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd never have spotted them were it not for the red arrow. Cheers. 

Pleasure

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

Are they on stilts?

Just in their works boots

I was getting ready to leave the gym earlier when I saw one guy come into the changing room, get into his gym gear then proceed to leave the gym and go for a run in the city centre streets instead.

OFTW behaviour, surely?

after a couple weeks of cutting I attempted a fairly heavy chest session and still managed to get 5 reps of 110 on the bench, fairly buzzing not going to lie.
No doubt the lighter I get the weaker I'll get (in theory)

Iv started doing the weights. Bench Press, Shoulder Press, Dumbbell row, lat pull down and Leg Press. All 5 x 5 reps (6 if I’m feeling cocky)

Got myself to 40 Kg (88 lbs?)on the Bench Press and 90 Kg (198 lbs?) on leg press which I’m pretty pleased with as Iv only been doing it 2 weeks. Not sure if that’s decent but as I said I’m happy with my progress so far

On 02/07/2019 at 12:17, The Naitch said:

I was getting ready to leave the gym earlier when I saw one guy come into the changing room, get into his gym gear then proceed to leave the gym and go for a run in the city centre streets instead.

OFTW behaviour, surely?

Maybe so he can have a shower after without going home?

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv started doing the weights. Bench Press, Shoulder Press, Dumbbell row, lat pull down and Leg Press. All 5 x 5 reps (6 if I’m feeling cocky)

Got myself to 40 Kg (88 lbs?)on the Bench Press and 90 Kg (198 lbs?) on leg press which I’m pretty pleased with as Iv only been doing it 2 weeks. Not sure if that’s decent but as I said I’m happy with my progress so far

for doing it for 2 weeks that's very decent. You should notice a good amount of progress in your first few months, were you just doing cardio before?

for doing it for 2 weeks that's very decent. You should notice a good amount of progress in your first few months, were you just doing cardio before?

Yea mate, Iv never been a big gym guy so weights was never really something I wanted to try. Recently tho Iv decided to give it a go. I do alternate days weights and cardio. Did 3.7 miles on the treadmill today and back at the weights tomorrow. Might up my bench slightly tomorrow, see how I feel in the morning

Yea mate, Iv never been a big gym guy so weights was never really something I wanted to try. Recently tho Iv decided to give it a go. I do alternate days weights and cardio. Did 3.7 miles on the treadmill today and back at the weights tomorrow. Might up my bench slightly tomorrow, see how I feel in the morning

Excellent progress. I am keen on the leg press as an exercise and was doing a bit of reading on it a few months ago. One of the girls in the USA track cycling team does 400kg for sets of 20 as part of her training. Unreal!

Excellent progress. I am keen on the leg press as an exercise and was doing a bit of reading on it a few months ago. One of the girls in the USA track cycling team does 400kg for sets of 20 as part of her training. Unreal!

Cheers mate.
That’s unreal. I don’t think il even get near half that. 90 is a struggle in the last couple of reps

You'll surprise yourself, you can get shifting quite a lot in a relatively short time on the leg press.
When i was doing 5x5s few years ago bow I read an article about how with your legs, since they are used to carrying your weight all day, you need to go for mega high (surprise yourself level) to give your legs a real fright and really get them going you need to be pressing ridiculously high weights. I did it from scratch for less than a year and was leg pressing fucking loads.

You really do surprise yourself how strong your legs can get like you say

A few months ago I had a go on the leg press machine in my gym because I was bored and I could press the whole stack of weights, I can't remember what the weight was.  I hadn't used a machine in years, I just do squats, deadlifts, bench and press.

I trained for years doing a circuit of machines and I have to say I think it was a waste of time, literally.  Everyone is different but doing compound barbell lifts is much simpler for me and works out a lot better in terms of benefits and having an enjoyable workout.

A few months ago I had a go on the leg press machine in my gym because I was bored and I could press the whole stack of weights, I can't remember what the weight was.  I hadn't used a machine in years, I just do squats, deadlifts, bench and press.
I trained for years doing a circuit of machines and I have to say I think it was a waste of time, literally.  Everyone is different but doing compound barbell lifts is much simpler for me and works out a lot better in terms of benefits and having an enjoyable workout.

Machines are great for hitting certain things, but I agree for the most part, hitting compound lifts is much better for your overall fitness than doing a circuit of machines hitting isolated body parts.

Deadlifts are the top boi imho

Machines are great for hitting certain things, but I agree for the most part, hitting compound lifts is much better for your overall fitness than doing a circuit of machines hitting isolated body parts.

Big gallus deadlifts and squats, then home. All you need!

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Big gallus deadlifts and squats, then home. All you need!

Hiya AJ! Hiya pal!