• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
die hard doonhamer

The get fit, stay fit thread

:lol: What an effort that was every day btw, got to get the weight on somehow when you're a student with no cash though

Was that 8 years ago? Would you do it all over again?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Dredging up an 8 year old post I wrote when I was 19 to try and belittle me personally is something else, but I'm actually v. pleased with the progress I've made since then so cheers brother 

Ach I’m just yanking your chain mallow. I’m proud of you :)

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: 

More spam. And from a guy who was posting on the running thread a while back trying to get fit because he’s out of shape. Poor stuff as usual. Marshmallow has you riled up with the red dots worse than I thought :lol:

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

More spam. And from a guy who was posting on the running thread a while back trying to get fit because he’s out of shape. Poor stuff as usual. Marshmallow has you riled up with the red dots worse than I thought :lol:

^^^

Riled ... :D

Up the Boro. 

I've consumed about 300g of haribo today ffs. I'm not kidding, 2 bags of 150g each because I had them. Walking home off the train and I can feel myself getting sleepy.

I'll go a week maybe two, then get an urge to eat sugary shit in spades, it's really frustrating that I can't hold back as without this nonsense I'd be fitter and in much better shape.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I've consumed about 300g of haribo today ffs. I'm not kidding, 2 bags of 150g each because I had them. Walking home off the train and I can feel myself getting sleepy.

I'll go a week maybe two, then get an urge to eat sugary shit in spades, it's really frustrating that I can't hold back as without this nonsense I'd be fitter and in much better shape.

I found it took me the best part of two months to lose sugar cravings. Found it extremely difficult, but having MyFitnessPal (that's an app, not an actual friend) go fucking mad at me if I entered something sugary was a good enough deterrent. 

A couple weeks  back I had bit of a slip and had a snickers and a bit of millionaires shortbread. Just didn't satisfy me as it would have done previously. 

Hope you manage to shake it.

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ach I’m just yanking your chain mallow. I’m proud of you :)

I’d like to yank a chain around your neck 

What are folk's thoughts on alternatives to flys? I've watched some youtube folk who suggest they're best avoided as if it goes wrong it can lead to a bad injury, but I've tried their alternatives and none of them give me the feeling in my chest that a fly does.

On 15/04/2019 at 19:03, LondonHMFC said:

Whilst it's nowhere near the fastest time in the world, I can now run 5k without stopping. 

2 stone 4 lbs lost since January.

20190415_170214.jpg

Again not the fastest time, but managed to do 10k this morning. Longest I've run for in about 10 years I reckon when I played a lot of football. Will weigh in tomorrow after a pretty good week gym wise.

20190421_100542.jpg

I will be heading back to CrossFit tomorrow after 4 weeks off. First two I had the Norovirus bug and second two I had a small operation on my arm and had to let the stitches  and muscles heal. 

I am a bit nervous because it will be very tough and i will be very out of shape again! I did realize though that I am actually looking forward to getting back into it and I think this is the first kind of exercise I can say that about. Must be doing something right.

I will be heading back to CrossFit tomorrow after 4 weeks off. First two I had the Norovirus bug and second two I had a small operation on my arm and had to let the stitches  and muscles heal. 
I am a bit nervous because it will be very tough and i will be very out of shape again! I did realize though that I am actually looking forward to getting back into it and I think this is the first kind of exercise I can say that about. Must be doing something right.

Norovirus is an amazing way to lose weight. I had it over Christmas a few years ago and wish I’d done a before and after weigh in, I bet I’d lost about two stone in ten days.