• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
die hard doonhamer

The get fit, stay fit thread

After 4 weeks with the pt I lost half an inch of chest and half inch off each arm. And nothing off my tummy! That was a couple weeks ago. I’ve upped sessions to three a week and started c25k. More importantly my mental health is better for it.

Get on the intermittent fasting and tell your pt to go and do one.

Intermittent fasting isn’t sustainable long term.

Intermittent fasting isn’t sustainable long term.

Who has told you this and why do you not think it’s sustainable long term?

Because a healthy diet and exercise is a better lifestyle choice. I’m also not going to have my daughters think starving themselves is acceptable way to live.

Eating the same amount of calories over a shorter period of time isn't "starving yourself".

Because a healthy diet and exercise is a better lifestyle choice. I’m also not going to have my daughters think starving themselves is acceptable way to live.

So because you go a 16+ hour window (8-10 of that you can be asleep for) that means you can’t eat healthy and exercise?

Secondly, if you think going 16 hours without consuming any calories is starving yourself that is probably part of the reason you have found yourself overweight. It takes about a month until someone starves to death. Do you think your children will notice or care that you aren’t eating at certain parts of the day as well?

Dont want to speak out of turn but I imagine Rowan is suggesting she wants to teach her kids that with a balanced diet and exercise there is no need to try and "sustain" anything.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont want to speak out of turn but I imagine Rowan is suggesting she wants to teach her kids that with a balanced diet and exercise there is no need to try and "sustain" anything.

This. None of my kids are overweight and all eat good home cooked food most of the time. 

I also wouldn’t consider the period of time you are asleep as intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting suggests deliberately not eating.

I know exactly why I became over weight, because I like food. Along with a combination of things going on in life and sepsis.

Not sure why throbber feels need be aggressive in replies. 

But Rowan said that intermittent fasting wasn’t sustainable long term because:

1) healthy diet and exercise was a better option.

&

2) She didn’t want her children seeing her starve herself.

Both points are complete bollocks with regards to intermittent fasting.

I’d argue that paying a PT £30 an hour to show you how to use a rowing machine and give you an eating plan isn’t a sustainable lifestyle.

2 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Not sure why throbber feels need be aggressive in replies. 

He likes to be aggressive to female posters.    

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

But Rowan said that intermittent fasting wasn’t sustainable long term because:

1) healthy diet and exercise was a better option.

&

2) She didn’t want her children seeing her starve herself.

Both points are complete bollocks with regards to intermittent fasting.

I’d argue that paying a PT £30 an hour to show you how to use a rowing machine and give you an eating plan isn’t a sustainable lifestyle.

She doesn’t give me an eating plan nor show me how to use a rowing machine.

This is not a long term thing, it’s 3months to set me back on course. The reasons for choosing this route is not one for sharing on a public forum. 

I don't know how folk do the only eating in 10hours of the day thing let alone fasting for a whole day.

She doesn’t give me an eating plan nor show me how to use a rowing machine.
This is not a long term thing, it’s 3months to set me back on course. The reasons for choosing this route is not one for sharing on a public forum. 

Well I’m not happy about any of this.

I’m not sold on intermittent fasting tbh.

Basics of having a sensible breakfast in the morning along with some exercise is surely just as successful.

So I've stuck with C25k

Now on Week 8 and running for 28 mins at a time.  Never thought it would be me, don't get me wrong, when I'm actually running, I hate it, but it's a huge mood booster once it's done.  A 28 min run before work this morning, and I feel I've got a head start on the day.

Got talked into doing the EMF 5k at the end of May too.  Then I saw the route was hilly.  Fuark!!!

I’m not sold on intermittent fasting tbh.

Basics of having a sensible breakfast in the morning along with some exercise is surely just as successful.

It’s all about what your body does when in a fasted state, it gets to work on all the fat that you have been storing when over eating/drinking too much and you get rid of all the unproductive cells in your system. Research has shown that it can lower the chances of cancers, type 2 diabetes and heart disease in the long term so it’s not all just about weight loss in the short time.

I didn’t mean to be aggressive towards Rowan but find it hard not to bite when someone is so quick to dismiss something that has been nothing short of life changing for myself with complete falsehoods.

I was going to post some benefits to fasting (not self starving) but Throbber beat me to it.

I was going to post some benefits to fasting (not self starving) but Throbber beat me to it.

Please go on if you have anything to add, I am still relatively new to it all, all i know is that the results have been incredible for such a small effort.

It’s all about what your body does when in a fasted state, it gets to work on all the fat that you have been storing when over eating/drinking too much and you get rid of all the unproductive cells in your system. Research has shown that it can lower the chances of cancers, type 2 diabetes and heart disease in the long term so it’s not all just about weight loss in the short time.

I didn’t mean to be aggressive towards Rowan but find it hard not to bite when someone is so quick to dismiss something that has been nothing short of life changing for myself with complete falsehoods.

I just think I’d be utterly miserable all day not eating until the allotted timeframe!