The get fit, stay fit thread

I don't think is anything is unhealthy for you, in moderation. If you do regular exercise and eat a balanced diet then the weight will fall off you naturally. If you do some ridiculous diet then the weight will fall off you. However, it will pile back on when you start to eat "normally" again.

I like the taste of these things. What am I to do?

your a freak of nature

nobody likes the stuff i mentioned... sure they dont especially taste bad just are boring... everyone of us would prefer a nice juicy burger or a ice cream myself included... thats human f*cking nature

Why would olive oil be acceptable on pasta but not its counterpart, some nice aged red wine or balsamic vinegar? I don't think this guy is a real expert based on these contradictory claims tbh. On another point, I've never really bought into the whole 'eat natural foods' recommendation - it strikes me as more a form of food snobbery than forming any meaningful difference to your health. Certainly amusing when some of those who jump on the bandwagon are still happy to glug down a whey protein milkshake in their mythical need to add more protein to their diet...

what are you nattering on about u clown

Edited by footballfan25

your a freak of nature

nobody likes the stuff i mentioned... sure they dont especially taste bad just are boring... everyone of us would prefer a nice juicy burger or a ice cream myself included... thats human f*cking nature

I wouldn't.

your a freak of nature

what are you nattering on about u clown

You talk some amount of pish. I prefer all of the stuff mentioned. Although that is just because im a fucking babe

There was a bodybuilder chap in the 50's who famously said 'If it tastes good, spit it out' ( :ph34r: ) Basically any food with additives in them. Fair point from him.

Also 'If it hasn't been killed or picked, don't eat it' is another good one.

But aye, basically what footballfan25 said.

Looking for a bit of advice here. I had put on an unreal amount of weight over xmas/new year and was at 14st 8lbs. In the last few weeks, with regular exercise and eating better I manged to get down to 14st. However, I've now got an enflamed tendon in my leg and I've been advised to rest it for 3-4 weeks which is a bit of a pain. Ideally I'd like to get down to 12 1/2st by the end of March for when I go on holiday. I'm going to start swimming to avoid any imapct on my leg, but is there any sort of good weight loss routines, resistance etc, I can do whilst I've got this injury? Cheers

Edited by wasted

Looking for a bit of advice here. I had put on an unreal amount of weight over xmas/new year and was at 14st 8lbs. In the last few weeks, with regular exercise and eating better I manged to get down to 14st. However, I've now got an enflamed tendon in my leg and I've been advised to rest it for 3-4 weeks which is a bit of a pain. Ideally I'd like to get down to 12 1/2st by the end of March for when I go on holiday. I'm going to start swimming to stop any avoid and imapct on my leg, but is there any sort of good weight loss routines, resistance etc, I can do whilst I've got this injury? Cheers

Swimming is probably a good thing to do. And eating less shit food. You'll still be able to burn calories by swimming and you wont be doing your injury any harm, probably.

Swimming is probably a good thing to do. And eating less shit food. You'll still be able to burn calories by swimming and you wont be doing your injury any harm, probably.

Aye well that's what my doctor advised me to do and my diet has totally changed. I'm just hoping for a bit of variance, I can see constantly swimming would get a bit tedious, will doing weights help with burning fat?

Aye well that's what my doctor advised me to do and my diet has totally changed. I'm just hoping for a bit of variance, I can see constantly swimming would get a bit tedious, will doing weights help with burning fat?

Yup, but the stuff that will really do the business - Deadlifts, Squats and the like, can't be done with a leg injury. Bicep curls aren't going to do anything really.

Yep, but the stuff that works your core tends to involve lots of leg based stuff which you cant do just now. Swimming will burn plenty of calories until your are fit enough to mix things up a bit more. Three or four weeks in the pool isnt going to do any harm. Swimming is pretty tedious but so is distance running for a lot of folk. Can you get on a bike or get on a rowing machine or something? Maybe that will ease the boredom for you just now?

Yup, but the stuff that will really do the business - Deadlifts, Squats and the like, can't be done with a leg injury. Bicep curls aren't going to do anything really.

Baws. Looks like I'll have to put a hold on progress for the time being. Good to know for when I'm back on it though.

Baws. Looks like I'll have to put a hold on progress for the time being. Good to know for when I'm back on it though.

Do chin ups,pull ups and hanging leg raises. That will give your core a good wrecking if you cant stand and put weight on your legs.

You can lose weight from dieting alone anyway. Just consume slightly less energy that what your body requires (start counting calories).

All this labelling food "good" or "bad" just leads to a spiral of food avoidance and disordered eating. Creates more stress than what's needed. The only real bad food is probably trans fat found in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.

Do chin ups,pull ups and hanging leg raises. That will give your core a good wrecking if you cant stand and put weight on your legs.

I can put weight on it fine, walking is fine. It's an impact injury that I've obviously got from running and football. I'll be giving them a bash though.

You can lose weight from dieting alone anyway. Just consume slightly less energy that what your body requires (start counting calories).

All this labelling food "good" or "bad" just leads to a spiral of food avoidance and disordered eating. Creates more stress than what's needed. The only real bad food is probably trans fat found in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.

Well that's it, I've started eating lean meat, swapping chips for salad or veg, eating soup for lunch instead of sandwiches, drinking plenty water too. I'm actually enjoying eating healthier cause I'm trying stuff I wouldn't have done before.

Ahh the chin ups and pull ups. I've never been able to manage even two of those. Just find it far too hard!

Ahh the chin ups and pull ups. I've never been able to manage even two of those. Just find it far too hard!

I use the assisted stuff, although I've stopped doing them recently. My routine these days is generally

Squats

Bench

Incline Bench

Deadlift

Overhead press/Clean and press

1358942361[/url]' post='7009097']

Probably best just sticking to swimming. There's a few body weight exercises you could do (pull ups and the like) if you really want to do weights, but swimming will be a good form of cardio that shouldn't aggravate the injury. As long as you're keeping an eye on your diet you shouldn't really have to worry about putting on weight.