The get fit, stay fit thread

What exactly constitutes a push up for this challenge?  Proper straight back and legs and getting your chest down to a fist's width from the ground?  

I can do 35-40 without stopping but then I'm gubbed so doing 100 takes 5-6 minutes, just for that segment alone.

Yes. Against a wall. It’s hard!!

Been doing this as part of my workout. It is difficult. Can make it even harder by walking your hands in and out. Normally I’ll start with that to feel the burn and then move onto pike push ups with my feet on the coffee table. Once that’s becoming agony I’ll put my knees down on the table and continue like that.

Two runs in two days and I’ve done something to my foot, magic!
Will be adopting the Shandon Par method of just doing hundreds of press ups. Still going out for walks as well.

46 minutes ago, Gnash said:

What exactly constitutes a push up for this challenge?  Proper straight back and legs and getting your chest down to a fist's width from the ground?  

I can do 35-40 without stopping but then I'm gubbed so doing 100 takes 5-6 minutes, just for that segment alone.

Aye the important thing is proper technique, not the speed.

46 minutes ago, Gnash said:

It was the press-ups that took all my time too. About 7 minutes worth. I have no chest.

50 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Two runs in two days and I’ve done something to my foot, magic!
Will be adopting the Shandon Par method of just doing hundreds of press ups. Still going out for walks as well.

Thousands. 

Have found with pressups the same, can do maybe 40-50 then failure. Can do batches of 10-20 with short break up to about 100 then just feel too tight.

Moving the arms around helps to work different areas, hands together like a triangle works arms more whereas wider hand placement seems easier and seems to work the chest.

Was thinking of doing a large number of reps but using an on the minute idea.
20 pressups, one minute for ten mins
20 squats same
20 crunches or sit ups same
20 light weight dumbell curls same

20x10 200 of each and 40 minutes

Not sure what's better? Going daft with potential poor form and injury or twice as much volume with just enough break to keep heart rate up but not too much?

On 04/04/2020 at 11:20, Shandon Par said:

Then a tenth espresso followed by six rounds on the punchbag. 100 more press-ups then a bath. 

I appreciate you've probably put away about a kilo more coffee since but anyway. Is this you?

Screenshot_20200408-143654.jpg

First post in here but I often come in for a look.
I’ve always kind of did 5k’s semi for fun with only a brief look at times and tended to hit just over 21. But a friend went sub 20 and it made me try go for it, worked like heck at it and finally managed it today. 19:49. Pretty delighted.

Not sure what to go for next. Wouldn’t say I’ve a massive desire to go for a ten k.

Been really good with doing weights, joe wicks or 5k most days. Usually have football too but not right now obviously