The get fit, stay fit thread

Got a short run(4.5k) which i have been managed 5 times in the last 10 days. Essentially just up and down two hills, then home. 105m climb over a very short distance and leaves me absolutely fucked every time. Taken my time down from 30 minutes to 26 minutes so far. Will keep at it and see if I can get under 24 minutes.

Also been trying to do sets of press ups to break up the monotony of working from home. Started the week with 10 sets of 10, done 11x11 on Tuesday, 13x13 yesterday and 14x14 today. I want to get up to 20x20 before the end of next week and will see how high I can take it thereafter. Will need to make sure I stop whenever we are back in the office mind you. Don’t want to be the new office oddball...

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Did you not say you have Lime disease the other day?

Yes - antibiotics are doing a grand job! Mrs and mother seem to think I should be at death’s door but a couple of days’ meds and the fever etc lifted. Always get a fitness kick on when the clocks change and the days get a bit longer. 

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yes - antibiotics are doing a grand job! Mrs and mother seem to think I should be at death’s door but a couple of days’ meds and the fever etc lifted. Always get a fitness kick on when the clocks change and the days get a bit longer. 

I agree about the clock changes giving your training a boost but I would maybe get some advice. Long distance running and extreme exercise in general reduces your body's ability to fight infection. 

I'm not sure how this would relate to Lyme disease but it's definitely worth inquiring about.

Whilst Shandon would rinse me skills wise at boxing, I still give myself a strong punchers chance if we ever meet in the ring, by targeting his coffee addled ticker.

I’d be hoping to grind him down with body shots or relying on his heart giving out - most hope would be on the latter.
3 mile run at a very gentle pace with my mum this morning. Said she had to get 5 photos for her jogging group bingo thing - 21 photos by the end. It was very frustrating but first I’ve done for about two weeks.

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I’d be hoping to grind him down with body shots or relying on his heart giving out - most hope would be on the latter.
3 mile run at a very gentle pace with my mum this morning. Said she had to get 5 photos for her jogging group bingo thing - 21 photos by the end. It was very frustrating but first I’ve done for about two weeks.

3 hours? The virus is clearly taking its toll on members. Pics of your mum or GTF.

3 hours? The virus is clearly taking its toll on members. Pics of your mum or GTF.

It’s taken hold of your reading ability. 3 miles. It was 3.1 miles or something. Half an hour or so, most of it stood waiting while she took photos. She’s happily married but if it goes south, I’ll put in a word for you [emoji106]

7 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

It’s taken hold of your reading ability. 3 miles. It was 3.1 miles or something. Half an hour or so, most of it stood waiting while she took photos. She’s happily married but if it goes south, I’ll put in a word for you emoji106.png

I meant three hours since anyone asked for pics of said mother. Well done anyway!

I meant three hours since anyone asked for pics of said mother. Well done anyway!

Ah right, with you now. Aye, this place is fucked. Even the junior threads are seeing disagreements!
It was something, knee was sore after about 10 minutes but eased off again quick enough. Will try and get out again tomorrow now I know a pleasant route that’s not too strenuous.

Just now, NJ2 said:

Ah right, with you now. Aye, this place is fucked. Even the junior threads are seeing disagreements!
It was something, knee was sore after about 10 minutes but eased off again quick enough. Will try and get out again tomorrow now I know a pleasant route that’s not too strenuous.

Brilliant for you to at least get moving on it again. Have you tried the double strength ibuprofen (Cuprofen?) from chemists?

Brilliant for you to at least get moving on it again. Have you tried the double strength ibuprofen (Cuprofen?) from chemists?

Nah, it’s no really worth it and I’m quite adverse to painkillers etc in general. Was only sore for 5/10 minutes and not agony, but not right - didn’t last though.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Instead of 100 press ups today I decided to do 1000. Done 850 so far so will rattle off a few more once my dinner has gone down. 

How are you doing them? Like on the minute do 10?

ive seen Goggins do this, like one hour that’s 600. Achievable

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How are you doing them? Like on the minute do 10?

ive seen Goggins do this, like one hour that’s 600. Achievable

More like over 12 hours! Managed 1000 okay today. Just 50-150 here and there in 20-50 reps. Don’t really have to set aside any time. Do 50 waiting for kettle to boil or espresso machine to do its magic, then another waiting for it to cool, for example.