The get fit, stay fit thread

Ive got some dumbbells in the house which are not that heavy but will keep me ticking over. Me and my mate are also pushing each other and doing a press up challenge. So far 120 a day each.

Got a pull up/dip bar coming plus a plate for weighted ones and some resistance bands. Was meant to be moving house on Thursday so have ordered to the new house so will need to try collect then at some point and bring to current house

40 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Ive got some dumbbells in the house which are not that heavy but will keep me ticking over. Me and my mate are also pushing each other and doing a press up challenge. So far 120 a day each.

Got a pull up/dip bar coming plus a plate for weighted ones and some resistance bands. Was meant to be moving house on Thursday so have ordered to the new house so will need to try collect then at some point and bring to current house

I've got a pull up bar and a 10kg kettlebell so making use of those everyday plus going on my state mandated run if I can.

Set myself a target of mastering the wide arm pull up (still stuck on sets of 3) during this plus increase press ups etc.

The Mrs has some 3kg and 5kg dumbbells but not sure how much use they'll be.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd think 5s are probably enough to get things like lat raises, delt raises, wrist curls etc burning but you'll probably need to go up to sets of 15, 20.

I wish I'd bought a pull up bar when they had them in Lidl a few weeks ago. Hindsight and all that.

That's not a bad shout, could even do reps 'to failure' on stuff like that.

22 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Anyone aware of any gyms in the FK area looking to rent out equipment?

Similarly, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the skipping ropes in my local Nuffield gym. Second favourite skipping rope I've ever met, behind one in the Maldives. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:
Anyone aware of any gyms in the FK area looking to rent out equipment?

Fancy cycling across the bridge and tuning up a few Fifers twice a week?

If theres anywhere not to go during this pandemic it would be fife.

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Similarly, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the skipping ropes in my local Nuffield gym. Second favourite skipping rope I've ever met, behind one in the Maldives. 

Think I'm going to have to make a barbell using car wheels at this rate, no way jose I can go 3 weeks without being swole

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If theres anywhere not to go during this pandemic it would be fife.

Think I'm going to have to make a barbell using car wheels at this rate, no way jose I can go 3 weeks without being swole

My arms are looking a bit weedy too. I have a "reflex bag" (not euph) arriving any time now though. 

Anyone else trying to do the Arnie bodyweight workout? I've been through it twice now and it's a good workout. You feel the 50 dips. I can't do the pull ups though. I even tried using my loft hatch but it was a bust. 

Alternating days with a serious run. I've done 3 10kms this week that felt good so I'll get my GPS watch charged up over the weekend and see where I actually am. I haven't ran seriously for about 2 years so I'm  quite excited to get properly back into it.

Edited by Detournement

42 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Anyone else trying to do the Arnie bodyweight workout? I've been through it twice now and it's a good workout. You feel the 50 dips. I can't do the pull ups though. I even tried using my loft hatch but it was a bust. 

Alternating days with a serious run. I've done 3 10kms this week that felt good so I'll get my GPS watch charged up over the weekend and see where I actually am. I haven't ran seriously for about 2 years so I'm  quite excited to get properly back into it.

Mrs Mathematics and I had a go on Sunday. It’s good, but I’m trying to mix things up as much as possible so haven’t repeated it.

7 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics and I had a go on Sunday. It’s good, but I’m trying to mix things up as much as possible so haven’t repeated it.

I'm going to stick at it and hopefully my total reps and reps per set will go up. 

The row between chairs was surprisingly good. 

I can usually do 30 to 40 minutes on a treadmill no bother. I managed 20 minutes pounding the pavements this morning and my legs are in bits and my chest was killing me (I'm hoping it was the cold, crisp fresh air causing that). 

Did a 10k run last night, following Par Jr on her bike. Good long run with the dog this morning and a few rounds on punchbag, 100 press ups the 10 mins with heavy skipping rope. Found a kettlebell and resistance bands earlier too so going to check YouTube for some videos on what to do with them.

Been to gym in garage every day for two weeks now. Three days lifting then one day resistance bands and press ups.
So glad I got this stuff. I feel fitter than before this kicked off.
Can now knock out 15 pullups without stopping.
Progression went

Had a sore shoulder for a few weeks but that cleared up.

Probably around 150 pullups and 200 chin ups a week now.