The get fit, stay fit thread

After getting down from 11st 12 at the start of the summer to 11st last week, I've come back from five days at Haggerston Castle to weigh myself at 12st 2lb :lol:

I know I haven't put on a stone, but I've been eating nothing but shite and have done hardly any exercise. A lot of high-carb, high-salt foods so I'll be storing a lot of water right now.

Back on it from tomorrow - seven weeks until the Scottish Half Marathon, want to be under 12% bodyfat by then (not really bothered about the weight).

Gotten down from 18 st to 15 in last 6 months only eating bread if low cal sandwich and avoiding crisps and sweets. Had good regime of going out just about every night for 2 hours for walk. Struggling to to find the time to quite keep to that though will try to. Would like to maybe do some upper body stuff and thinking longer term towards winter maybe. Do like the idea of maybe a personal trainer. I have tried the gym before maybe now I've a better starting point it might be worth giving another go.  Maybe something a bit social too would be good. 

@staggy1929

Now show me yours brother!!!!

Please accept the last 100m as being the difference netween mapometer and strava! 

Pretty happy with the pace as I was running a wee bit within myself to make sure I got the distance. Gave away about a minute with 2 x 30 sec walks in the last 2km aswell. Plenty room to improve so its a wee bit of a confidence boost 

Screenshot_20190811-115401_Strava.jpg

Edited by Bairnardo

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:19, Bairnardo said:

@staggy1929

Please accept the last 100m as being the difference netween mapometer and strava! 

Pretty happy with the pace as I was running a wee bit within myself to make sure I got the distance. Gave away about a minute with 2 x 30 sec walks in the last 2km aswell. Plenty room to improve so its a wee bit of a confidence boost 

that's very impressive, 

I'm heading out tonight for a run after the gym so i'll try match that!

LET'S DO THIS!

that's very impressive, 
I'm heading out tonight for a run after the gym so i'll try match that!
LET'S DO THIS!
Bash on brother. Like I said, room for improvement but no bad for someone whos carrying a bit of timber with the stride length of a battery hen [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Bash on brother. Like I said, room for improvement but no bad for someone whos carrying a bit of timber with the stride length of a battery hen emoji23.png

Don't sell yourself short that's good numbers you're hitting, I'm going to hopefully find a good route to run tonight that is around the 8km mark.

On 11/08/2019 at 12:19, Bairnardo said:

@staggy1929

That bit about 0 calories.... you did it in the car didn't you. 

Done an injury to my rib playing football over the weekend. Appears it’s cracked. Can’t run, can’t lift weights and been told not to do anything that requires heavy breathing.

[emoji17][emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]
Also masturbating much slower. Without any good material to hand.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:
Done an injury to my rib playing football over the weekend. Appears it’s cracked. Can’t run, can’t lift weights and been told not to do anything that requires heavy breathing.

emoji17.pngemoji17.pngemoji17.pngemoji17.png

Also masturbating much slower. Without any good material to hand.

How do you think I really did it?

Struggling to stick with the cardio at the moment, last 3 or 4 gym visits have been weights only. Hopefully now that heat wave has fucked off I will be able to get back to it but even last night I simply could not be fucked. If I get away from work early enough tonight my plan is to force myself into doing 5k. Will see how it goes...

This thread gives me some great motivation to get back running regularly, been focussing more on the weights as well as HIIT Workouts such as Metafit. Did 2.4 miles today with the kids ahead of me on the bike. 7.23 average per mile. I really should try another 10 K soon