The get fit, stay fit thread

26 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Not really sure what you mean?

If you have a routine and then one day you do something different it'll feel more strenuous on your muscles or body than if you were doing it every day.  It's the change that's doing it rather than the specific routine.  I mean it' could be that routine is better but if you do a routine and then change it it's likely you'll feel sorer.

If you ever watch old school 70s bodybuilding videos, those guys talk about it, I'm sure Arnold has talked about shocking muscles by doing super long sets when you haven't done them before or changing up routines.

5 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

my issue is putting chest and shoulders into the same session, I usually spend an hour on chest and an hour on shoulders so would be in the gym for ages haha. I have heard of the whole push pull legs routine though, might be worth a try.

I do:

1. Chest & tri's

2. Back & bi's

3. Upper body (shoulders & upper chest / inclines)

4. Legs

Works for me in that order, means I've recovered from the chest workout by the time I do inclines & shoulders.

15 hours ago, Spain said:

I do:

1. Chest & tri's

2. Back & bi's

3. Upper body (shoulders & upper chest / inclines)

4. Legs

Works for me in that order, means I've recovered from the chest workout by the time I do inclines & shoulders.

sounds good, suppose it's all about finding something that works.

14 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The only sort of pain I struggle to work through is my hamstrings. So I have to make sure I give myself a big enough gap between legs and back day.

This week I’ve been trying Athlean Xs Perfect Workout series and it’s fucking solid.

The guy from Athlean X seems really switched on and knows what he's doing. If I could pick a shape to be in it'd be that haha.

Got an issue with an inflamed tendon in my thumb. Making a lot of weights and upper body exercises really painful.

Went to the doctor and basically just gave me ibuprofen and try and not do it anymore damage, will just take time to heal ☹️

The guy from Athlean X seems really switched on and knows what he's doing. If I could pick a shape to be in it'd be that haha.

He’s the best on YouTube regarding fitness imho. Pretty sure he worked for a bunch of NFL and baseball teams or something as a fitness coach.

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

He’s the best on YouTube regarding fitness imho. Pretty sure he worked for a bunch of NFL and baseball teams or something as a fitness coach.

He has a lot of content too so you're never stuck doing the same stuff if you follow his programmes.

I'm tempted to buy one of the Larry Wheels ones. But he's more focussed on numbers than aesthetics for the most part.

Always found exercise on my own a struggle, had various gym memberships over the years and tried running etc. but it never really stuck. Joined Be Military Fit (previously British Military Fitness) a couple of years ago and its a revelation. Flat fee for unlimited classes, always outside with good groups of people at very different levels. The classes are tailored to level and are always different and challenging (think intense HiiT, but with more running), they even through in kit classes with giant logs etc. Anyone else tried it?

Anyone have any difficulty maintaining breathing through there nose when exercising? Once I start breathing heavy it feels like my nose cant handle all of the air. It almost reaches a point then it feels like it somehow closes off, its weird. Dont know if its common or if theres any way to relieve this

Not me, do you mean on the inhale or exhale?

Hit 120kg squat, slowly inching towards my 140 target [emoji3]
On the way out it feels like once an blowing quite hard its like am trying to blow my nose. On the way in it just doesnt feel like the capacity is there.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Strange, do you have sinus issues otherwise?

I think I do. Nothing that has ever neccesitated treatment but aye, my ears pop at odd times, among other things. I have always felt there must be something with my sinises

I think I do. Nothing that has ever neccesitated treatment but aye, my ears pop at odd times, among other things. I have always felt there must be something with my sinises

I have no issue with breathing out my nose other than when I fall asleep where I become a total mouth breather , which is quite annoying according to the missus, strange as it doesn’t seem to bother me.

Very strange.

Upped my weights again this week so feel pretty chuffed with my progress.
Bench - 47.5 KG
Leg Press - 120 KG
Lat Pull Down - 45 KG
Row - 17.5 KG
Shoulder Press - 15 KG

Feel ready to try squats in the next week as well.