The get fit, stay fit thread

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Scenes when philpy sparks Shandon Par out.

Did get a bit wobbled last night with what I’d say was was the 4th hardest punch I’ve ever felt but not too much damage today (see below). 

05552508-9961-4C4C-883D-418F4510D154.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:
Did get a bit wobbled last night with what I’d say was was the 4th hardest punch I’ve ever felt but not too much damage today (see below). 

05552508-9961-4C4C-883D-418F4510D154.thumb.jpeg.badcd12eac1318bc399ce5d81be82a33.jpeg

Your fanny looks a bit weird

Excess use.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

No expert, but maybe. I've incorporated a lot of vegetarian stuff into my diet, and I've lost 6lbs in two weeks. My energy levels are much better as well.

Thanks Phily,Its amazing the difference it makes! if it continues at this rate I'll take some medical advice but as I'm well overweight and I feel a lot better for it I'll just keep an eye on it. 

Thanks Phily,Its amazing the difference it makes! if it continues at this rate I'll take some medical advice but as I'm well overweight and I feel a lot better for it I'll just keep an eye on it. 
If you're really overweight, no. If your a bit chubb but around 80kg then yeah.

So because you go a 16+ hour window (8-10 of that you can be asleep for) that means you can’t eat healthy and exercise?

Secondly, if you think going 16 hours without consuming any calories is starving yourself that is probably part of the reason you have found yourself overweight.

I’ve been doing conservative rehab for a perforated disk, which takes effing ages. As a result the amount of strenuous exercise I do has dropped to minimal. To stop the weight gain I looked at keto diets, and this intermittent fasting thing came up.

I was genuinely staggered that 16 hours including sleep counts as dieting, let alone fasting or a health regimen. There’s very little difference from skipping breakfast every day, it seems to me. I’d imagine quite a few folk do that on a regular basis.

I’ve been doing conservative rehab for a perforated disk, which takes effing ages. As a result the amount of strenuous exercise I do has dropped to minimal. To stop the weight gain I looked at keto diets, and this intermittent fasting thing came up.

I was genuinely staggered that 16 hours including sleep counts as dieting, let alone fasting or a health regimen. There’s very little difference from skipping breakfast every day, it seems to me. I’d imagine quite a few folk do that on a regular basis.

Yeah it’s incredible. I’m led to believe that the benefits of fasting start at 16 hours and it’s the minimum you should do so rather than doing 3 or 4 days of 16 hour fasts I just have 2 days a week when I don’t eat all day at work so my fasting period can be about 20-22 hours. I find that by the time I’ve done 16 hours I’m not that hungry anyway and it’s never a hardship to get a few more hours in and the time flies in because I’m working anyway.

It’s not all about the weight loss either, I feel great and look much better and younger since I started doing it. I just wish I’d discovered it 3 or 4 years ago.

Yeah it’s incredible. I’m led to believe that the benefits of fasting start at 16 hours and it’s the minimum you should do so rather than doing 3 or 4 days of 16 hour fasts I just have 2 days a week when I don’t eat all day at work so my fasting period can be about 20-22 hours. I find that by the time I’ve done 16 hours I’m not that hungry anyway and it’s never a hardship to get a few more hours in and the time flies in because I’m working anyway.

It’s not all about the weight loss either, I feel great and look much better and younger since I started doing it. I just wish I’d discovered it 3 or 4 years ago.

I think that’s what I’m going for...somewhere around 20 hours. 16 hours doesn’t seem to be much of a change during the work week. The problem I’ve had lately is inconsistent meal times. When I was at my healthiest, I’d have my last meal of the day at about 4.30 and nothing until breakfast. Unfortunately work hours rarely allow for that anymore. Couple that up with as much light exercise as I could be bothered with in the evenings, and I was in decent shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get my arse back in gear at the gym and added some cardio back into the work out, after 6 weeks or so of weights only. 20 minutes on the treadmill, 1 minute fast(14.5kmh but aiming to get that to 15+ in the next few weeks) and 1 minute walking, repeat until the end. Finding the first 3/4 fast segments very easy, last 3/4 absolute torture and sweating like hell when I'm finished. Find it much easier to keep going than I was with the previous 9kmh/12kmh , which was boring the hell out of me. Have also lost about 2kg in the last couple of weeks since starting this again, which wasn't the intention but is always nice, especially the extra muscle definition that comes with it.

Weight loss has really slowed down over the past month or slow, but I feel so much fitter. Out most mornings to do 10 miles on the bike, and at the weekend have a longer cycle, managed to do 50 miles in 4 hours last Sunday. Felt absolutely shagged after that though I must admit. 

Off to Greece at the end of July, and aiming to lose another 3/4KG by then which I think is achievable. 

16 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Weight loss has really slowed down over the past month or slow, but I feel so much fitter. Out most mornings to do 10 miles on the bike, and at the weekend have a longer cycle, managed to do 50 miles in 4 hours last Sunday. Felt absolutely shagged after that though I must admit. 

Off to Greece at the end of July, and aiming to lose another 3/4KG by then which I think is achievable. 

Hope you had the padded shorts on for that!