The Club Logo Thread

Swampy

Any other clubs regulary have different logo's on home and away kits each season? The shape of our crest changes regulary and the colour's are inverted alot. Examples:

Pretty sure Dundee do that to stay one step ahead of the taxman.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austrian side FC Wacker Innsbruck have taken the novel step of making their shirts this season completely incorporate their badge. Here is the club crest

8033_61_content_medium.jpg

This season's home, away and third shirts

12-185-large.jpg123-192-large.jpg124-194-large.jpg

Not a fan of the shirts I have to say, but it's an interesting concept.

FK Zeljeznicar, Sarajevo's oldest / most successful club. ("Zeljeznicar" = "railway workers")

FK_Zeljeznicar_Sarajevo__logo_of_80_s_-logo-F93F79C79A-seeklogo.com.gif (Communist era)

150px-Zeljeznicar.png (current logo)

FK Sarajevo, Zeljo's oldest and most bitter rivals, founded just after WW2:

FK-Sarajevo.png

NK Siroki Brijeg, pretty stong in BiH in recent seasons. They play Zeljo today in Sarajevo in a 1st v 2nd clash.

NK_Siroki_Brijeg__new_logo_.gif

Velez Mostar, historically very prominent but not quite so powerful these days.

140px-Velez_mostar.gif

My Top 5 logo's that I like (that is on the clubs strip). Mainly, my teams are on this, but I think they do have good badges.

1) Rangers - Fairly obvious why I like the scroll letters and of course the badge too.

rangers-3-darkbluesml.jpgRFC_large.gif

2) Bayern Munich - I like how it includes the Bavarian state colours, the Blue and White checks, and it's quite simple, yet bold Just like the Bavarians themselves. It sort of epitomises the club.

Bayern_Munchen.png

3) Deutscher Fussball-Bund - Typical Germanic badge

220px-DFBEagle.svg.png

4) FK Sarajevo - Only because I went to see these guys when I was in the city.

FK-Sarajevo.png

5) 1860 Munich - Even though it's the other team of Munich, the Lion Rampant heraldry is everywhere in the city, and the badge is simple but effective.

1860.png

There's a pharmaceutical company named Bayer with the same circular logo. There's probably a semi interesting story in there somewhere.

Basically, it was the company's team where the team was originally made up with workers from the company. Bayer still retain big sponsorship/ownership of the club and built their stadium for them.

Much like Volkswagen and Wolsburg, Sun Microsystems/SAP and Hoffenheim etc in German.

post-16656-0-29058500-1331479334_thumb.g

I like the simplicity of PSG's logo. The red bit obviously represents the Eiffel Tower. A quick search on Google tells me that the thing underneath it is the cradle of Louis XIV. You learn something new every day.

• 2 weeks later...

The only club logo I know of to feature bared female breasts belongs to Villanovense of Spain:

post-269-0-49021700-1332263435_thumb.gif

You'd think it'd be a team from a coastal town, but Villanova is deep inland in Extremadura. So there's a fascinating story as to how they got a mermaid on their crest. Probably.

some very cool badges.

i like these:

frankfurteo6.png

Athletic_club_200px.png

and several others already posted in here,real socieadad ... msv duisburg too but can't find a png or jpeg of it.

Following on from Athletic, there is the similar crest of Sestao River Club, based just a few miles downstream the Nervión. It's a beautiful logo but a bit over-detailed:

post-269-0-00539200-1332263745_thumb.gif

Just across the bridge on the north bank is Arenas Club de Getxo, one of the founder members of the Liga.

post-269-0-33914300-1332263833_thumb.gif

Head back across the river and towards Bilbao and take a right. You might find the home of CD Baskonia, who are a feeder club for Athletic but retain a logo that's particular to the area.

post-269-0-32898200-1332263952_thumb.png

The Basque clubs - especially those around the main urban centres - often have their roots in industry, often maritime business, and travel - hence the great emphasis on the river, the cityscapes, and also English-language words like River and Athletic and Club (also now a Spanish word but generally it was used in the English sense at the time of foundation.) If you go elsewhere - such as to Andalucia or Argentina - you'll also find plenty of English-language names and often a club namescape based around, say, mining or the railroads.

Following on from Athletic, there is the similar crest of Sestao River Club, based just a few miles downstream the Nervión. It's a beautiful logo but a bit over-detailed:

post-269-0-00539200-1332263745_thumb.gif

Just across the bridge on the north bank is Arenas Club de Getxo, one of the founder members of the Liga.

post-269-0-33914300-1332263833_thumb.gif

Head back across the river and towards Bilbao and take a right. You might find the home of CD Baskonia, who are a feeder club for Athletic but retain a logo that's particular to the area.

post-269-0-32898200-1332263952_thumb.png

The Basque clubs - especially those around the main urban centres - often have their roots in industry, often maritime business, and travel - hence the great emphasis on the river, the cityscapes, and also English-language words like River and Athletic and Club (also now a Spanish word but generally it was used in the English sense at the time of foundation.) If you go elsewhere - such as to Andalucia or Argentina - you'll also find plenty of English-language names and often a club namescape based around, say, mining or the railroads.

green dot. thanks, how do i subscribe to this thread? i've subscribed to some others before but can't seem to find the button this time..?

I'm not sure "world's first football club" is meaningful. Sheffield didn't play what we now recognise as association football until long, long after the Football Association was founded.

Really don't know why no c**t has came up with this one?? Sheer genius!

C.D. Tenerife

Club_Deportivo_Tenerife.png

Maybe biased, but the Clyde one which has only changed very very slightly over the full history of the club.

clyde-fc-(page-picture-large).png

i also think clyde have a really good logo. the cup final one is pretty cool as well.

anyway,

patch.jpg

if only...

Archived