The Club Logo Thread

Swampy

was looking at the results in the paper yesterday when i cam across a badge with a shrimp in it which was pretty smart. think it was morecambe can anybody comfirm this ?

The Shrimps is Morecambe's nickname.

150px-Morecambe_FC.gif

Morecambe is famous for it's Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was looking at the results in the paper yesterday when i cam across a badge with a shrimp in it which was pretty smart. think it was morecambe can anybody comfirm this ?

Yes:

Morecambe_FC.gif

It replaced their old logo just last year:

morecambe-badge.jpg

Great thread, some superb and not so superb crests. I like the Thai examples.

post-4200-0-45466900-1297354425_thumb.pn

This is a club called CE Europa, based in the Gracia area of Barcelona. They were founder members of La Liga and their most notable achievement was losing in the 1922-23 Copa Del Rey Final. They are in Group 5 of the fourth tier in Spain currently.

I really like it because it's shaped so oddly. It's like a sort of speech bubble crossed with an apple with a bite out of it.

Edit:

post-4200-0-73461600-1297355626_thumb.jp

This is the latest version of it. It's been more rounded and now looks like a bum in mid-crouch.

post-4200-0-44995300-1297354593_thumb.pn

This the Catalonia 'national team'. I include this as an example of the new style of badge, with the simplicity of the footballer in overhead kick pose uncluttered by emblems,shields and other more traditional paraphenalia. It looks more like an Olympic or Commonwealth games logo I think.

Great thread, some superb and not so superb crests. I like the Thai examples.

post-4200-0-45466900-1297354425_thumb.pn

This is a club called CE Europa, based in the Gracia area of Barcelona. They were founder members of La Liga and their most notable achievement was losing in the 1922-23 Copa Del Rey Final. They are in Group 5 of the fourth tier in Spain currently.

I really like it because it's shaped so oddly. It's like a sort of speech bubble crossed with an apple with a bite out of it.

Edit:

post-4200-0-73461600-1297355626_thumb.jp

This is the latest version of it. It's been more rounded and now looks like a bum in mid-crouch.

post-4200-0-44995300-1297354593_thumb.pn

This the Catalonia 'national team'. I include this as an example of the new style of badge, with the simplicity of the footballer in overhead kick pose uncluttered by emblems,shields and other more traditional paraphenalia. It looks more like an Olympic or Commonwealth games logo I think.

Good post. I've got a Europa top from three or four years ago :D

Those "modern" badges like Catalonia, you see loads of those in France for some reason. Every fifth team seems to have some variant on that theme. I agree that they don't quite look football-y and look like something an omnisports club or tournament would use. Not really to my taste. In fact few crests featuring footballers in action really cut the mustard with me... I prefer the symbolism of animals and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the old Bayern logo.

On that subject here is Barca's former logo:

post-4200-0-71036900-1298320121_thumb.jp

I much prefer this to the more mundane current effort, which to be fair is more of a global brand these days. Note the interesting use of what I assume is a bat on the top, much like Valencia.

Here is the logo of Academica, the Portuguese club I loosely follow:

post-4200-0-37075200-1298321269_thumb.jp

I like the shape and colours used, the tower is in reference to Coimbra's University. The club is traditionally from the University, and even now promising footballers are drawn from the student population. It claims to have the largest fanbase in Portugal outside the 'big three', but many clubs claim the same.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've obviously seen the Bayer Leverkusen badge before, but I have just noticed the sheer genius of it. The way that the BAYER intertwines with the other BAYER...

Bayer_Leverkusen.png

Yeah, it's almost as if the two are related or something :D

Since a lot of people on P&B are playing as a South African team in FM, here's a classy one from days of yore:

BushBucksCrest2.gif

A legendary club, sadly long gone.

MelbourneKCrest1.gif

Melbourne Knights - founded by Croatians which is obviously incorporated into the badge as well as the quite gimmicky Knight. I like it though.

Funny the Newcastle Knights rugby league team in Oz is fairly similar, same colours as well...

sports_rugby-league_nrl_newcastle-knights.gif

There's a pharmaceutical company named Bayer with the same circular logo. There's probably a semi interesting story in there somewhere.

Simple really, the football club were formed by the pharmaceutical company.

MelbourneKCrest1.gif

Melbourne Knights - founded by Croatians which is obviously incorporated into the badge as well as the quite gimmicky Knight. I like it though.

Their current badge.

Melbourne_Knights_Logo_news_content.png

Couple of Australian teams.

South Melbourne F.C.

400px-South_Melbourne_FC_Logo.svg.png

Sunshine George Cross

SunshineGeorgeCross.png

Sydney Olympic

Sydney_Olympic_logo.png

Marconi Stallions

30f4bc82d5.jpg

Adelaide City