The Club Logo Thread

Swampy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another bump. Here's some really shit logos.

KFC Uerdingen (nothing to do with KFC, it's Krefeld, a city in northwest Germany):

150px-Kfc_05_uerdingen.svg.png

Minging that, isn't it? Everything about it. The cut-out font, the weird shield shape, the 1960s football in the middle. Terrible. Was dated as soon as it was made (1995.)

Chacoforeverescudo.png

The vast majority of club logos in Argentina are of a shield-and-initial type. This one's just awful because the letters give nothing away. CA is Club Atletico, obviously, but the rest of it is Chaco For Ever. How's anyone supposed to pick that one up? It's similar to...

612px-Escudo_del_Club_Godoy_Cruz_de_Mend

Godoy Cruz's logo, which says C.D.G.C.A.T. (Club Deportivo Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba), another shit logo, rendered even more shit by the fairly recent addition of the circle around it with the club's short name and city.

Then there's this fucking marvel from Bangladesh:

Russelkc.jpg

That's a team called Sheikh Russel, who won the league in 2013. I've seen it alleged that, per head of population, Bangladesh is the worst-performing sporting nation on earth, and if their aptitude for games is anything like that for logo design I can well believe it.

Bump

Some of the US "lower league" logo and club names do make me laugh at times

Seattle Sounders reserve team. "S2"

The "S2" thing is actually quite common in the former Soviet Union, where reserve and youth teams are generally called things like FC Shakhtar-2 Donestk and FC Lokomotiv-3 Moscow. When there's not a modifier before the city name it's simply FC Krasnodar-2.

The Allsvenskan has some smart ones, alongside some woeful efforts.

AIK (smart)

2153.png

IFK Goteborg (Smart)

2149.png

Elfsborg (Smart)

2158.png

Gefle (Smart)

2456.png

Malmo (Shite)

2146.png

Atvidabergs (Shite)

2166.png

Orebro (Shite)

2156.png

Hammarby (Shite)

2147.png

• 1 year later...
On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2011 at 18:03, craigkillie said:

Yeah I read that actually.

It's Russia, so there will be a new Saturn Moscow in the top flight in a couple of years.

Having a wee read through what's left of this thread. Art imitating life here, if you will.

What's going on with the Sampdoria badge? Always thought it was a tree but on closer inspection it appears to be a silhouette of one of the Gorillaz smoking a pipe.

The club crest features a sailor in profile known by the old Genoese name of Baciccia, which translates to Giovanni Battista in Italian or John-Baptist in English. The image of a sailor is appropriate due to Sampdoria being based in the port city of Genoa.

I can totally see the Groillaz idea.

Archived