The Club Logo Thread

Swampy

My apologies if this has been done before, but thought it would be interesting if people posted their favourite crests from world football leagues. Here are some of mine:

LIGA BBVA: Real Betis

Real-Betis.png

EREDIVISIE: Vitesse

287508d1354541517-dream-jordania-vitesse-arnhem-guide-vitesse.jpg

FOOTBALL LEAGUE TWO: Bristol Rovers

Brist_Badge_display_image.png?1330376083

SPL: Motherwell

a0cbfd39422419575719c8e94c879a4a.png

BRASILEIRO: Corinthians

Corinthians_Paulista_1980-Presente.png

BELGIAN PRO LEAGUE: Gent

200px-AA-Gent.png

EPL:

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

ALLSVENSKAN: Gefle IF

Gefle_IF-logo-DEE4581640-seeklogo.com.gif

RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE: CSKA Moscow

9760_Logo.png

LIGUE 1: Marseille

150px-Olympique_de_Marseille_logo.svg.png

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps I'm being a tad biased here, but there is no greater crest or name in world football than Heart of Midlothian's. ;)

But...but is it not a wee bit...poofy? :ph34r: Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware that our club crest is incredibly boring, but I'm just not sure of the merits of a club crest and name based on a very boring story by a fat Tory. If any Edinburgh author were to be featured in a club crest and name, surely Stevenson would have been a better choice?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

One of my favourite threads. Shame half the pictures don't work. Here's a few more

Huachipato of Chile, inspired by US Steel's old logo, which also inspired Pittsburgh Steelers

380px-Huachipato.svg.png

Cobresal, also of Chile. A mining village. Their stadium capacity is 20,000 but the towns population is 7,000. Unsure what the female sign indicates.

Cobresal.png

What with Airdries logo falling fould of the heraldic laws, is there any other country that does this ? (Other than Scotland?)

No, because the concept of "heraldic laws" is absolutely ridiculous. What is going on in the minds of the people setting out in the morning to enforce heraldic laws :lol:

Its absolutely unbelievable that only one of these articles is an april fools hoax

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/airdrieonians-0-lord-lyon-1-5408847

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/airdrieonians-fans-told-tattoos-showing-5437137

Archived