The Club Logo Thread

Swampy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, that's quite interesting actually. Did you already know that, or did you hit up wikipedia? Hats off anyhoo.

Well I knew about the statue - and the story behind it - and it was only when you posted that I realised the statue was on the AS Roma badge.

At a more 'local' level, I think Peterhead's logo is cool and incorporates the town's heritage into the badge:

120px-Peterheadbadge.png

And NCAL (I think it's still called that) side Balintore FC have the most simple badge of all time:

baltylogo.jpeg

^^^^

Amateur league no less :lol:

Tampines Rovers FC (Singapore)

150px-Tampines_rovers.png

Doesn't look like a football club's logo at all. They do like their animals in Asian football.

:lol:

Sack trying to draw that on your maths jotter.

And NCAL (I think it's still called that) side Balintore FC have the most simple badge of all time:

baltylogo.jpeg

It may be simple, but it's a great badge.

The Jacks Soccer Club from Perth, Australia. Very clever. :rolleyes:

TheJacksCrest1.gif

I've always liked these as well.

218px-Borussia_Moenchengladbach_Logo.svg.png

eintrachtfrankfurt%20logo.gif

Again, I may be biased, but I love Falkirk's badge. Not so much the new one, but the older one, with the detail around the badge.

Falkirk+Football+Club+1.gif

I've also got a badges related question. Can anyone tell me why Dumbarton have an elephant on their badge?

I've also got a badges related question. Can anyone tell me why Dumbarton have an elephant on their badge?

I was once told by a teacher I had who was from Dumbarton that it was because the Dumbarton 'Rock' resembles an elephant. The elephant on the badge has a castle on top of it, as does the 'Rock'.

Again, I may be biased, but I love Falkirk's badge. Not so much the new one, but the older one, with the detail around the badge.

Falkirk+Football+Club+1.gif

I was going to say our badges as well but didn't want to come across as biased too! :lol:

The new one is a bit bland. I prefer the one that has the same steeple / football design as the new one but has Falkirk Football Club written down the bottom and Est. 1876 around the top of the ball. Can't find a picture of it though.

I've always quite liked RC Lens's badge:

lens400.png

My daily avatar is today Brujas of Costa Rica. Brujas is Spanish for "witches", and you can see they have a sort of pseudo-art deco, Spy vs. Spy witch going on.

170px-Saturnlogo.png

I like the Saturn Moscow one. It was a great idea to have a ball as "Saturn" with a ring around it.

Enjoy it while you can, they went bankrupt last week.

Yeah I read that actually.

It's Russia, so there will be a new Saturn Moscow in the top flight in a couple of years.

I read that the authorities are shuffling Saturn away so they can get a club from yon Winter Olympics city in the top flight.

My German team is Hansa Rostock. their badge is quite a clever mix of the local Rostock symbol and an old Hanseatic boat, source of the old town's wealth:

Hansa%20Rostock.png

Some other favouries - Carl Zeiss Jena's badge is also quite striking:

1137_Logo_FC_Carl_Zeiss_Jena_1.png (Carl Zeiss cameras font + team colours)

JK Kalev Tallinn, the Queen's Park of Tallinn, have a very simple shield with the Estonia n colours on it:

130px-KalevTallinn.png

(they're Tallinn's diddy team as well these days, sadly)

Olimpija-Ljubljana@2.-new-logo.png

NK Olimpija Ljubljana- the "Green Dragons", named after the dragon bridge in the city centre

socialgroupicon_915_1234043921.gif

Triestina US- Italian Serie B

FC_Cartagena_escudo.png

FC Cartagena of the Spanish Segunda, featuring the Peral submarine, which was designed by Isaac Peral, a man from the town. There's actually a replica model in the harbour, absolutely beautiful town. :)

post-16656-0-68133400-1295899203_thumb.g

Al Sinaa of Iraq. Reminds of another logo. Not sure which one though...

post-16656-0-24475900-1295899268_thumb.p

I like CSKA Moscow's logo for some reason. Its quite "retro" i would say and looks a bit like a cartoon (if you get what I mean).

MelbourneKCrest1.gif

Melbourne Knights - founded by Croatians which is obviously incorporated into the badge as well as the quite gimmicky Knight. I like it though.

shannon-town-united.jpg

Irish Club Shannon Town Utd - apparantly had the worlds first ever Duty Free Airport, hence the plane in the design. Pretty smart.

23310_11106436090_9589_n.jpg

Colorado Rapids - looks smart on the kit as well.

Archived