The Club Logo Thread

Swampy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

150px-Br%C3%B8nsh%C3%B8j_BK.svg.png

Alloa's wasp works out more than Brønshoj's wasp.

Aye, yon Bronshoj wasp just looks like he wants to get bummed rotten.

Personally I love Alloa's logo. I think it's great to see them trying something new. UK clubs in general seem to think that only pseudo-classic style logos can be successful, which is why we see the endless procession of town crests, shields and ribbons. Then again some new attempts just end up looking dreadful, such as MK Dons:

Mk-dons-Logo.jpg2.jpg

You can see what they're going for here, with the joining of the letters into an ever-so-subtle depiction of a trophy, and maybe if it stood alone it'd work, but the text on the left cheapens it massively.

To go with the Bronshoj wasp there are various other stupidly camp logos. My go-to example is always Avenir Beggen in Luxembourg:

Avenir-Beggen.png

edit: Superally you messed up your post, fix it or gtfo

1211286700458_632.jpg

The NFF introduced this to Norway's international shirts a couple of years ago. The public demanded they scrap it and stick with the traditional crest and so that's what happened. I, on the other hand, thought it looked quality.

Yoda stuck in a country there, if they were allowed the DFB logo is definitely the best.

You need to draw a distinction between the shirt logo and the organisation logo. The SFA's logo isn't the same as that of the team that they field, i.e. the Scotland national team. Similarly Thailand's shirt logo is, uh, a bit different from the Thai FA logo (which I'm now seeing for the first time):

File:Football_Association_of_Thailand.png

You need to draw a distinction between the shirt logo and the organisation logo. The SFA's logo isn't the same as that of the team that they field, i.e. the Scotland national team. Similarly Thailand's shirt logo is, uh, a bit different from the Thai FA logo (which I'm now seeing for the first time):

File:Football_Association_of_Thailand.png

Both of Germany's look cool though. 8)

DFB_Logo.jpg

logo-football-germany-dfb1.jpg

1211286700458_632.jpg

The NFF introduced this to Norway's international shirts a couple of years ago. The public demanded they scrap it and stick with the traditional crest and so that's what happened. I, on the other hand, thought it looked quality.

It's too busy. The NFF logo itself, meanwhile, is clasically Scandinavian. Sometimes you can tell a Nordic logo just from looking at it. Ones like these couldn't have come from anywhere else:

Start (Norway):

norway_start.png

Stabaek (Norway):

Stabaek_if.png

IFK (Sweden, and one of the few logos that overcomes my biases against shields and city crests, simply because it's done well):

468780.jpg

B36 (Faroes):

B36_torshavn.png

The Dunfermline District Pool League ripped it off and their effort really is rather horrific

post-20092-0-43429700-1295819482_thumb.j

That is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen. Brilliant as in it somehow made it through committee.

613px-Forest_Green_Rovers_FC_svg.png

Definitely not a copy of anyone...

I really dislike how they are using the word green as part of their identity.

We don't need the word green to be green to know that it says green.

They would be as well making the letters of forest look like trees, and the letters of rovers look like dogs.

Archived