The Falkirk FC Thread

It is all down to money,the money from season tickets and strips keep the club ticking over during the summer months when they have no gate/sponsor/TV money coming in.

Yeah who can forget the old fans charter that had restricting the number of times we changed our strip as one of its main clauses. The bod couldnt get that removed quick enough. Mind you just because we choose to change the strip every year doesn't mean we've got to make make wholesale changes every time. The currents strip is a cracker so why not make minor changes to it and change the away strip totally. Having red and white stripes down the middle of our home top is a total joke if you ask me. The club should know by sales what kind of strip the fans like and to me its always been a pretty plain all navy blue top. Look how quick this years sold out for instance. Bringing other colours and stripes into it will just put some fans off.

Yeah who can forget the old fans charter that had restricting the number of times we changed our strip as one of its main clauses. The bod couldnt get that removed quick enough. Mind you just because we choose to change the strip every year doesn't mean we've got to make make wholesale changes every time. The currents strip is a cracker so why not make minor changes to it and change the away strip totally. Having red and white stripes down the middle of our home top is a total joke if you ask me. The club should know by sales what kind of strip the fans like and to me its always been a pretty plain all navy blue top. Look how quick this years sold out for instance. Bringing other colours and stripes into it will just put some fans off.

Although I agree this year's shirt was the smartest in years, I can't help feeling the cup final helped with sales.

As for making minor changes.....do you really want to shell out another £45 for a little alteration here or there?

I'd feel the club/puma were taking the piss out of me

Although I agree this year's shirt was the smartest in years, I can't help feeling the cup final helped with sales.

As for making minor changes.....do you really want to shell out another £45 for a little alteration here or there?

I'd feel the club/puma were taking the piss out of me

I'm not going to buy a strip though that to me isn't a falkirk strip either. You can change other things like the collar etc but we should keep the fact that our top is navy blue with perhaps a little bit of white if need be. There shouldnt be any red in the top in my opinion and certainly not stripes or chequer boards etc. If anything needs to be red then its the socks. PSG tops are for PSG and not Falkirk. 

Fully agree. This year's strip is a work of art. Both actually. Don't fancy some Matalan PSG number.

Italy strip for the Euro's it is, in our colours obviously 

I'm not going to buy a strip though that to me isn't a falkirk strip either. You can change other things like the collar etc but we should keep the fact that our top is navy blue with perhaps a little bit of white if need be. There shouldnt be any red in the top in my opinion and certainly not stripes or chequer boards etc. If anything needs to be red then its the socks. PSG tops are for PSG and not Falkirk.

I'm not arguing about that.

I'm just saying I would be raging if their was only minor changes and I've to shell out £45 again otherwise be a tramp and wear last season's shirt to 5s etc.

I always want our shirts to be as smart as this season. But I certainly want big changes.

Maybe in 5 years we can return to something similar to this season.

As long as the club makes money from the strip who cares what we play in.

I keep hearing they dont make that much due to the fact it is all tied into free strips we get for the first team. 

I keep hearing they dont make that much due to the fact it is all tied into free strips we get for the first team.

Not sure what it is now but previously (Couple of seasons ago) you'd be looking at circa £20 profit per shirt. That's taking into account the "free kit".