The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’ve got the Kelty mafia on board, money no object 

They are our polar opposite. We have a very decent support, commercially and with the FSS, we are miles ahead of them, but we seem to be permanently skint.

They don’t have much of a support, are miles off commercially, and don’t have anything close to the FSS, but money is never an issue.

Tells its own story I guess.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

They are our polar opposite. We have a very decent support, commercially and with the FSS, we are miles ahead of them, but we seem to be permanently skint.

They don’t have much of a support, are miles off commercially, and don’t have anything close to the FSS, but money is never an issue.

Can’t disagree. We’re told that each season we start negative with a shortfall of somewhere around 400kish. We’re told that we’re not being held to ransom by the council with the stadium (confirmed by BOD on earlier podcast) and we run the club with so many brilliant individuals for free. So as quoted were one of the highest supported club, hospitality continuously sold out, and good sponsorship. 
Yes. Always skint 

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It's been widely reported that they've been losing on average £150,000 per season since 2005.

If they don't go up this season it's not unreasonable to imagine a Partick Thistle scenario is on the cards.

Edited by Beachcomber

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Money is always an issue, last season we survived in the Championship with no natural number 9 or an experienced CH as we couldn't afford to sign one. We finished the season with 13 fit players. This season we have started with 16 signed players of which 3 are kids. We have so far signed a GK after losing our number 1 as we wanted him to take a pay cut. We've lost another big earner in Brad Spencer and Tom Lang and signed Jack Hamilton as a number 9. Our current squad sits at 21 players including 3 kids so it's not like we have a massive squad. 3-5 players in my opinion will leave on loan or may be offered to other clubs.

Of other players we have signed we've got a 19 Yr old from Celtic and a 20 Yr old from Hearts probably not on big wages.

Yes it could go wrong but at our level that can happen at any club but we now have a proper board with football experience, Raith supporters and business men a very good mix. Some with a a fair bit of cash and others with successful businesses that will benefit our club through social media, Internet and marketing. 

Anyway enjoy the seaside league no doubt McGlynn will play his usual brand of boring, passing football from keeper to centre half then an array of sideway passes.

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

It's been widely reported that they've been losing on average £150,000 per season since 2005.

If they don't go up this season it's not unreasonable to imagine a Patrick Thistle scenario is on the cards.

Aye ya moron because it's perfectly reasonable to assume our new investors are gambling our entire existence on being promoted in their first season at the club 😆🤣

3 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

If they don't go up this season it's not unreasonable to imagine a Patrick Thistle scenario is on the cards.

You’ve been in league 1 for ages ya doooor face f**k 

Edited by Raith_Rasta

10 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, the “alternate funding model” seems to be a trend that’s not leaving Scottish football any time soon. The Launderers are of course, the founders, but there is a growing number of clubs happy to indulge in the hope that they get up the leagues and don’t get caught.

Falkirk FC AGM: 1.2 million loss but club 'on the up on and off the park', commercial successes, 'Forever Falkirk' revealed

Probably need to look at your own nest first I would suggest. Launderers...might want to back that up.

51 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Falkirk FC AGM: 1.2 million loss but club 'on the up on and off the park', commercial successes, 'Forever Falkirk' revealed

Probably need to look at your own nest first I would suggest. Launderers...might want to back that up.

All losses have been covered, and we made a slight profit last year, I think we'll be fine

1 hour ago, Always next quarter said:

This is another prince of whataboutery, with a fast developing sense of “nothing to see here” (copyright LFC 1995).

2 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

If you’d read the full thing rather than take a quote out of context you’d have realised the loss from that year horrendous as it was  came immediately following the Covid season and was mostly covered using the clubs own cash reserves. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.