The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They’d be far better all being the one colour, don’t like the sleeves . Always think the simple drips are better looking. The 57 cup winning syrup for example, no idea why they don’t make them like that anymore. Look how well the new Scotland strip has sold for an example. 

Yeah I agree, I much prefer plain strips and think they would be better without the pattern on the sleeves.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

@Roboccop are you able to answer above queries please? Others have since suggested that the initial comment of 20% of income being used to repay the loan was just an estimate based on current income levels rather than an actual agreed term of repayment. Is that correct? Assuming it is and repayment is simply £17,500pa, what happens if you don't have sufficient funds to meet scheduled repayments at any point between now and the scheduled final repayment? Is it a repay what you can and it will just run on till it's repaid scenario? If not and it actually defaults what happens then?

For clarity, I'm not trying to stir things here nor suggest Falkirk have any intention of defaulting, I'm trying to understand the process and how it will work for all parties in worst case scenario.

20% is approx based on current FSS membership. It will drop as FSS income grows. I’m on a ferry just now but by memory the repayment is £17500 per annum. 

it would take a disastrous change in FSS income not to raise that each year but this loan is unsecured ie there is no one or no thing other than FSS assets ( typically just a few hundred in the bank) that they could legally get back. 

2 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

20% is approx based on current FSS membership. It will drop as FSS income grows. I’m on a ferry just now but by memory the repayment is £17500 per annum. 

it would take a disastrous change in FSS income not to raise that each year but this loan is unsecured ie there is no one or no thing other than FSS assets ( typically just a few hundred in the bank) that they could legally get back. 

Thank you. Understood. This appears an outstanding deal for Falkirk and their fans who were on track to buy the shares anyway, it just allowed a massive acceleration of the process.

Additionally if you put the £350k into a mortgage calculator then being an interest free loan the govt has effectively given FFC a £160,000 gift. And after say 10 years the £17500 annual replayment will be worth much less than the first one in 2024. 

3 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Additionally if you put the £350k into a mortgage calculator then being an interest free loan the govt has effectively given FFC a £160,000 gift. And after say 10 years the £17500 annual replayment will be worth much less than the first one in 2024. 

If I was a Bairns fan, I'd be pretty damned chuffed to bits at this news, no question there.  However, given that these are public funds which are benefiting one club in particular and not helping all, it does appear strange at best.  Now, I'll admit that I haven't studied the detailed background here but think that it may have something to do with fan-ownership situations specifically, but there does seem something a wee bit odd about this, level playing fields and all that stuff.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

If I was a Bairns fan, I'd be pretty damned chuffed to bits at this news, no question there.  However, given that these are public funds which are benefiting one club in particular and not helping all, it does appear strange at best.  Now, I'll admit that I haven't studied the detailed background here but think that it may have something to do with fan-ownership situations specifically, but there does seem something a wee bit odd about this, level playing fields and all that stuff.

Hopefully more clubs take up the option of applying now that it’s now in the public domain. 

27 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

It's saved Falkirk FC £160k assuming Falkirk FC would otherwise have taken out (and been able to get) a mortgage termed loan. Both are unlikely.

44 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Google searched O’Neills Falkirk FC and these images came up from a site concept kits so they are not our kits. Have to say I would accept something like both of these are they are like the Hummel Beazer Homes kits.

DISCLAIMER - These are not our kits

IMG_1945.png

IMG_1944.png

😯

46 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Google searched O’Neills Falkirk FC and these images came up from a site concept kits so they are not our kits. Have to say I would accept something like both of these are they are like the Hummel Beazer Homes kits.

IMG_1945.png

IMG_1944.png

Awful!

Less is more and the plainer the strips are the more they will sell and FFS Falkirk do away with the one colour strips.

Does anybody know when they will be released?

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Awful!

Less is more and the plainer the strips are the more they will sell and FFS Falkirk do away with the one colour strips.

Does anybody know when they will be released?

Yeah, I hope whatever the kit is that the home has white shorts and the away different coloured shorts from the top. I hope it’s not another red away top too.

On a side note, I’ve got a pal who’s a Thistle fan and he said the quality of the O’Neill kit and other stuff is really good.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah, I hope whatever the kit is that the home has white shorts and the away different coloured shorts from the top. I hope it’s not another red away top too.

On a side note, I’ve got a pal who’s a Thistle fan and he said the quality of the O’Neill kit and other stuff is really good.

The Ayr strip for next season is an absolute shiter though.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

See Humus’s interviews yesterday. These were funds ring-fenced for community loans only in the budget and if unused would have just “ disappeared”. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

IMG_1945.png

IMG_1944.png

Atrocious.

Long, long time since I was of replica kit wearing age but really hope the actual strips are much better than those abominations, though having seen the Ayr effort I don’t hold out much hope.

I’m in the minority here, I much prefer plain kits but I don’t actually hate those kits if that’s what they are, as they mind me a bit of the Hummel kits.

Mind you, I’m about 20 years past buying kits, I did however make an exception for the 2015 white cup final top. I do however hope O’Neill bring out a range of retro gear as I would buy that.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

I don't disagree on the more plain strip being pleasing but one of the all time fan favourite Falkirk strips had the pattered sleeves (Hummel, beazer homes numbers), which actually, those mock-ups seem to be based on.

Edited by MulsonFFC