The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I see Jaze Kabia is leaving Livingston. I think he could have offered a different option for us but I’d hope we could do better with the limited number of signings remaining.

I didn't mind Kabia but he doesn't seem to have kicked on, watched Dowds in the playoff game the other night and he looks like he's struggling for confidence again he really should have had at least one goal. 

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I didn't mind Kabia but he doesn't seem to have kicked on, watched Dowds in the playoff game the other night and he looks like he's struggling for confidence again he really should have had at least one goal. 

I would’ve made an enquiry about dowds on loan - can hold the ball up, win headers and good for a good few goals. Doesn’t seem to be getting as much game time these days. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

I would’ve made an enquiry about dowds on loan - can hold the ball up, win headers and good for a good few goals. Doesn’t seem to be getting as much game time these days. 

Have been avoiding the MacIver saga on here, mainly because I can't remember him during our games last year due to Sammon & Durnan being so irritating... Interestingly, Dowds also has 6 goals for the season, albeit from 29 games. Thought he looked very poor v Ayr though, notable on screen for all the wrong reasons, and we've been down that road before.     

33 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Falkirk Daft has been a great addition this season. Credit to you and John for filling a big gap in the market and offering a perspective that has been fair but willing to  challenge when necessary.

Cheers 💪🏼

Last episode of the podcast done & dusted tonight🎙️

Thanks to everyone who has listened to us the last 9 months - over 75,000 of you across YouTube, Spotify etc…about 2,000 each week - Insane.

Big shoutout to all our guests, pundits, sponsors & the main man for putting it all together our John 💙✊🏼
——————————-

🆕🎙️EP46 - SEASON REVIEW WITH RETURNING GUEST PUNDITS

🔵 Joining us in the final episode to review the season are @Fantooshie, @steelyffc, @MoodiePete & @CraigCru__👏🏻
⚪️ We discuss Highlights, Lowlights, Players, Formations & who should STAY or GO? 👀

📲 linktr.ee/falkirkdaft

IMG_2220.thumb.jpeg.0a45f3d8fd5b2d4026d2f2fe15695ef9.jpeg

Interesting to hear Bobby Geddes is away as I'm sure in one of McGlynn's first interviews he named Geddes as the reason for us signing PJ Morrison so that may mean he's off as well.

Everyone knows recruitment this summer will make or break our season so it'll be very interesting to see the in's and maybe even out's as the months progress.

Agyeman & MacIver are a decent start but there's still plenty to be done and does the fact our first two signings are strikers mean McGlynn's planning a different system next season as otherwise what's the point in Jordan Allan being here?

The loans were mostly of far better quality than the players we signed permanently last season, Matty Wright and Brian Kinnear aside, so hopefully we've got a few lined up for next season. 

Contracts are ending soon and preseason starts again in just under 3 weeks so hopefully we'll get a confirmed squad list soon. Moving the likes of Mckay & Oliver on would be a massive boost.

Need a GK(or 2), a RB, a CB, a CMx2, another option out wide or two if that's not where he see's Agyeman playing and another option upfront. 

Anyone else watch the Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday play off?

Seeing Will Vaulks bury it and do his flip celebration brought a lump to my throat and a flashback to some happy days at the Falkirk Stadium.

Pisser it was ruled out but man, I still love that guy.😍😍

32 minutes ago, Sputnik said:

Seeing Will Vaulks bury it and do his flip celebration brought a lump to my throat and a flashback to some happy days at the Falkirk Stadium.

I thought it was an evening kick off! Must have been a Bank Holiday in England.

9 hours ago, Sputnik said:

Was some strike and will have brought back many memorable moments from his time at Falkirk

Class act on and off the park.

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Interesting to hear Bobby Geddes is away as I'm sure in one of McGlynn's first interviews he named Geddes as the reason for us signing PJ Morrison so that may mean he's off as well.

Everyone knows recruitment this summer will make or break our season so it'll be very interesting to see the in's and maybe even out's as the months progress.

Agyeman & MacIver are a decent start but there's still plenty to be done and does the fact our first two signings are strikers mean McGlynn's planning a different system next season as otherwise what's the point in Jordan Allan being here?

The loans were mostly of far better quality than the players we signed permanently last season, Matty Wright and Brian Kinnear aside, so hopefully we've got a few lined up for next season. 

Contracts are ending soon and preseason starts again in just under 3 weeks so hopefully we'll get a confirmed squad list soon. Moving the likes of Mckay & Oliver on would be a massive boost.

Need a GK(or 2), a RB, a CB, a CMx2, another option out wide or two if that's not where he see's Agyeman playing and another option upfront. 

I wonder if with Geddes away they are thinking of going down the Airdrie route, older keeper who can be a coach and cover if required. If it goes wrong like injury/sending off just bring in an emergency loan. Makes sense and could save money.

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Where's the Geddes news coming from? Not heard anything