The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm struggling to see the point in signing Pedro now. The title race is over for us, our clownshoes clueless manager is still in place, so what is there to play for, for the rest of the season.

Are people really going to say "I wasn't going to go on Saturday to a meaningless game, but cos Pedro is playing..."

I don't think so. Good player though he is.

Kinda contradicting yourself there.....

Swap Pedro with Scott Wilson / Jason Thomson and yep I agree, but folk pay to see attacking players and Pedro isnt probably in the top 40 Falkirk players but he is decent especially at this level

If Pedro comes in, helps us win on Saturday of which we need in terms of numbers alone as all we have is Mark Stewart available for up front out of our amazing squad....but if he comes in and provides a jigsaw piece to make us win games over the course of the season, then of course it will be more than worth it..

Im not suggesting he will, only that he should never have had the chance to leave and for me it will take a formations shake up for us to be more succesful, not forgetting some players to grow balls.....

We are 10pts behind with a game in hand and the teams above us have only won two more games than us having played one more game too.....

I know in my head we are out of it, but who knows we could be going to the fitba to see what Pedro will do this week to change that, other than watchin Finnigan annoy a whole defence/team, Stewart running fast, BOB have his arse cheeks on the centre halfs and still pass to them, The Beasts wayward and strange kick outs, Duffies Billy Elliot run, Mitchells invisble badge

The more silence about the deal tho, makes me think it aint gonna happen and Scott Wilson fills me with a huge dose of hatred and why......Craig Ireland Mk2

Kinda contradicting yourself there.....

In what way am I contradicting myself? :huh:

Pedro is a good player. He is not however a good enough player to have the fans flocking back for a sight of him.

The league is over. Dead and buried.

provides a jigsaw piece to make us win games over the course of the season, then of course it will be more than worth it..

As I said, a draw on Saturday would be a terrible result. As would a dead cat bounce of a few wins later in the season when the title winners are fighting it out with the runners up.

Anything that allows our spineless cowards in the boardroom to avoid the subject of sacking Pressley is a disaster.

In what way am I contradicting myself? :huh:

Pedro is a good player. He is not however a good enough player to have the fans flocking back for a sight of him.

The league is over. Dead and buried.

On one hand you are pointing that he is a good player, on the other you dont see the point and question why....

When Falkirk sign good players, I want to go and see them may it be in a reserve game or even at one of the old firm grounds which I dont usually travel to

I wouldnt use flock, but it would bring a few supporters in and a few may torture themselves again if he were signed on for Saturday...

If signed, he would in my opinion become the best striker at the club and is a fairly good team player which would improve an area of the team and he copes better in these winter(ish) surfaces better than our other hope in the team in Flynn, who has vanished in 2011

On one hand you are pointing that he is a good player, on the other you dont see the point and question why....

Uh huh.

I don't see the point in signing good players on presumably good wages, when the league title is gone. Finishing 3rd even is of no value whatsoever.

Celtic signing Robbie Keane last season (and I'm certainly not equating him to Pedro) was a total waste of time and money, given they were totally fucked in the title race when they got him.. And he was brilliant.

I'd far rather we used the money for Pressley's payoff, which should be being put together now.

I wouldnt use flock, but it would bring a few supporters in and a few may torture themselves again if he were signed on for Saturday...

We'll see. The next home attendance, whether he signs or not, will be telling. It might encourage a few ST holders, who have paid their money anyway, but who might not have bothered their arse going, to go. Pay at the gate fans? Not so sure..

If signed, he would in my opinion become the best striker at the club and is a fairly good team player which would improve an area of the team and he copes better in these winter(ish) surfaces better than our other hope in the team in Flynn, who has vanished in 2011

Without question. As we've already agreed, we should have moved heaven and earth to keep him in the summer. I thought he was excellent when he came back last season.

He can't however play centre midfield (x2), right back and centre half in addition to up front, so his impact will only be marginal.

so his impact will only be marginal.

Taking Stirling out of the equation, we havent scored in our last 4 league games.....

Do we have a striker who can collect the ball and run with it or beat a man and shoot......

In my opinion If signed and stays fit, he will finish our top goal scorer,not a mariginal impact for me....

According to a poster on One F, Bullen has been on the radio saying that negotiations are ongoing, that the cash for Pedro's wages in coming from someone inside the club (a member of the BOD, I'm assuming) and that he'd have to be willing to take a big wage cut. He also said that there wasn't a penny to spend on anyone, while not entirely surprising, is a bit worrying given that both Marr and Deuchar are no longer on the wage bill and unless both were playing for nothing then surely there should be at least some room to manoeuvre as far as wages are concerned?

According to a poster on One F, Bullen has been on the radio saying that negotiations are ongoing, that the cash for Pedro's wages in coming from someone inside the club (a member of the BOD, I'm assuming) and that he'd have to be willing to take a big wage cut. He also said that there wasn't a penny to spend on anyone, while not entirely surprising, is a bit worrying given that both Marr and Deuchar are no longer on the wage bill and unless both were playing for nothing then surely there should be at least some room to manoeuvre as far as wages are concerned?

Was thinking the same myself.

While I think Pedro would be great in Division 1, is he worth the financial problems his signing could cause ? After all we are probably safe from demotion and have waved goodbye to promotion. The only advantage I can see from him signing is he might pull in the punters for a few weeks.

Edited by ditots

Taking Stirling out of the equation, we havent scored in our last 4 league games.....

Do we have a striker who can collect the ball and run with it or beat a man and shoot......

In my opinion If signed and stays fit, he will finish our top goal scorer,not a mariginal impact for me....

Maybe not a marginal impact in terms of internal statistics, but in terms of re-shaping our season, then the impact of his presence might well be marginal. If the usual suspect is stumping up the cash for his wages, then we should be truly grateful (again). My worry is that Pedro will need to create chances and finish them too.

The nervous, ponderous and negative style of play that SP has instilled in the team certainly isn't going to be setting up chance after chance for Pedro to stick away. Even if Flynn re-discovers a bit of form, there's still the ever present ineptness of our midfield, and our leaky defence which is damn near incapable of shutting out the weakest of opposing forward lines. In fact, the defence has managed only two clean sheets in over 20 games since the back end of August (and one of those was against Stirling Albion). The only other clean sheet was when we drew 0-0 with Raith.

Pedro might well run up some decent individual stats, but whether he can compensate for the glaring deficiencies elsewhere in the team has got to be a major doubt.

All credit to whoever is stumping up to try and get us out of the mire. I'm not sure that our manager deserves that kind of benevolence tbh.

Edited by Guest

[/b]

Was thinking the same myself.

While I think Pedro would be great in Division 1, is he worth the financial problems his signing could cause ? After all we are probably safe from demotion and have waved goodbye to promotion. The only advantage I can see from him signing is he might pull in the punters for a few weeks.

I would presume that if the Moutinho cash is being paid by an internal member of the club and not the club itself than signing Pedro will make no difference to our financial situation. It is though obvious that by not replacing Marr or Deuchar the board have basically resigned themselves to us being stuck in this division next season and are already trying to balance the books. This would also tell me that theres no way we will see the clown in the dugout being repalced no matter how bad things get between now and May.

It's taken too long to sort this out really. As much as I'm glad he's back, he was training with us prior to the QOTS game, surely we could have had all this sorted out not long after that? Just seems a bit pointless now, since we have nothing to play for.

Inverness will sign 20-year-old Burnley striker Alex MacDonald on loan until the end of the season. (The Sun)

Unlucky Inverness...

What an awful player McDonald was. One of May's worst, just behind Showumni and level with Marceta.