The Falkirk FC Thread

There was a great move second half yesterday where McGinn played a ball diagonally in behind and Rowe swung it back across from the byline. Nesbitt done everything right but there was a man literally 3-4 yards off the goal line. It was literally a brick wall. Teams will do that and it’s frustrating. Only positive is we don’t really look like conceding at the minute. 

41 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think there is some reason to be worked up. It’s not just about form for the playoffs but had we won our last 3 matches then we’d only be 4 points behind Dunfermline ahead of our match against them next week. Had we won our last 4 matches or at least drawn with Dunfermline then we could be top of the league. It is narrow margins but being so far out the title race is disappointing and to resort back to the form prior to Christmas is worrying. 

Seriously, chill. You're getting worked up about stuff you can't control. Very much if your auntie had baws territory. 

It would be a wasted season if we were to now lose 2nd place. I suspect the players are tired and need the end of season to come but meantime some of them could probably do with a rest and others given a chance to show what they can do. The big question is how many changes do you make at one go? 

It's always the same 1 or 2 posters who, when they offer an opinion that could be construed as in any way critical of the club/playing staff/management/board, are accused of "having an agenda"

It's always the same 1 or 2 posters making that particular accusation.

And it's always the same vague "agenda" insinuation. Never anything specific. 

Funny that.

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Really?

You were never a fan of the old regime but I bet that during their tenure you were gutted when we lost and delighted when we won, yes? I don’t think for one minute that you were desperate to see the club falter and lose games just to get your way, were you? Likewise, I don’t believe that  @Caractacus Potts  was happy to see us perform badly yesterday and drop points just so that he could score points over you.

We all want the club to succeed.

There’s definitely people on here who appear to post more when the team is doing badly.

2 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

There’s definitely people on here who appear to post more when the team is doing badly.

TBF, I think everybody posts more when the team is doing badly, just a natural reaction as we've got something to get off our chests.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

TBF, I think everybody posts more when the team is doing badly, just a natural reaction as we've got something to get off our chests.

Probably right but to only post when we lose is a bit odd is it not? 

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Maybe something in that. For example, I bet McGlynn has said something vaguely complimentary about Peterhead/Clyde before games where we have battered them, but no one felt the need to mention it when we were winning. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Possibly. I think that it might have been you that mentioned a poster coming on for the first time in months but I think that that was before the Clyde game, yes? Is that who you mean?

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

Possibly. I think that it might have been you that mentioned a poster coming on for the first time in months but I think that that was before the Clyde game, yes? Is that who you mean?

There are two. Pedro TBF is not one of them 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree with your post. We were crying out for some invention yesterday, why Lawal wasn’t considered is absolutely baffling. If it’s a case of Lawal & Burrell not fancied by McGlynn, for me that doesn’t sit right. 

Likewise.. we see players clearly bang out of form playing and the likes of Lawal, Allan and Burrell given 20 mins at best.

The manager has had significant funds available to strengthen the team. We have squad options now yet we still see the same 13 players week after week. 

Chris Maguire scores that penalty and this is looking like a very mediocre season. 

We need to be doing much better. Still trust McGlynn to get it right though. 

55 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Seriously, chill. You're getting worked up about stuff you can't control. Very much if your auntie had baws territory. 

It would be a wasted season if we were to now lose 2nd place. I suspect the players are tired and need the end of season to come but meantime some of them could probably do with a rest and others given a chance to show what they can do. The big question is how many changes do you make at one go? 

Doesn't matter if we scrape 4th by a baw hair and go onto win the playoffs. 

I think we'll still go into the playoffs as the most likely team to go up and the bookies favourites as long as Hamilton don't finish 9th.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Admittedly I don’t give enough credit when it’s due but I only tend to post when I’m not happy about something. I did say this…

On 04/02/2023 at 17:33, Caractacus Potts said:

To win 5 on the trot and dig out results like that is brilliant. Definitely looks like we are ridding ourselves of the soft mentality that has plagued us the last few seasons. 

So please tell me what my agenda is since you accuse me of having one for passing criticism? 

What about something like this to change it up?

Kinnear

Mackay  Donaldson Mackie

Rowe                                          McCann

Henderson      McGinn

Morrison 

Oliver                  Allan 

Kinnear

Mackay.    Donaldson

Rowe.                                    McCann

Henderson.  Mcginn

Morrison.       Max.            Kennedy

Allan

In most circumstances this would be my preferred starting 11 with Allan anchored to their last man poaching in the box and the front 4 plus Rowe and McCann (when in possession) in all out attack.

Im good with nesbitt coming on for max and Oliver and burrell for Allan, as long as Oliver stays up. Lawal on for mcginn second half. 

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I wouldn’t want to see 5 at the back in this league. No point having 3 centre halves not contributing in an attacking sense when you’re playing against a bank of 10.

It's almost like the team coasting to the title with only one loss all season play with 3 centre halves every week.

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I wouldn’t want to see 5 at the back in this league. No point having 3 centre halves not contributing in an attacking sense when you’re playing against a bank of 10.

I'm a 442 kind of guy but it has obviously worked to a high degree for us, one of the reasons we're miles ahead.

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

You could have Max with McGinn and Henderson as one of the three centre backs but with a licence to get forward. Or is that too sophisticated at this level?