The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Absolutely this. 👏

Mr. McGlynn, the other managers have got you sussed, time to try something different or we won’t be consolidating that 2nd place which you yourself said was vitally important.

image.jpeg.4cb15530f3e78477729e6f16f16e3521.jpeg

Yeah, good luck with that. 

I don't think anyone has "figured us out" I think the league is sufficiently tight game to game, that of any squad of players think they can turn up and switch on the cruise control, they will get held or turned over by almost everyone else in the league.

McGlynns tactics don't account for guys turning up and meandering about the park with their brains switched off.

It is however his job to find the right rocket up the right arse, drop, threaten or cajole as necessary, to ensure that we don't go out there anymore with the same lack of desire to win the game as we seem yesteeday.  

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think anyone has "figured us out" I think the league is sufficiently tight game to game, that of any squad of players think they can turn up and switch on the cruise control, they will get held or turned over by almost everyone else in the league.

McGlynns tactics don't account for guys turning up and meandering about the park with their brains switched off.

It is however his job to find the right rocket up the right arse, drop, threaten or cajole as necessary, to ensure that we don't go out there anymore with the same lack of desire to win the game as we seem yesteeday.  

I would like to see us to be a little bit more maverick especially now as the play offs are as good as secured and it would keep people fresh for the run in. Lawal has that as does Burrell and Max. We are all a bit too safe. 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I’ve liked the majority of what McGlynn has achieved but he has to take a proportion of the blame for recent form. We’ve not scored in 4 league games and he’s stuck with a toothless Oliver up front on his own.

I agree that the players take a lot of blame but no matter how much you like McGlynn, some of this it attributable to him.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’ve liked the majority of what McGlynn has achieved but he has to take a proportion of the blame for recent form. We’ve not scored in 4 league games and he’s stuck with a toothless Oliver up front on his own.

I agree that the players take a lot of blame but no matter how much you like McGlynn, some of this it attributable to him.

Of course it is. He needs to take overall responsibility for the attitude in the dressing room and going in with 1 forced change was as I said pre kick off yesterday, perplexing. You have to show the players who are coasting that they can and will be replaced, and are taking a chance with their place at Hampden if the replacement outperforms them in the meantime

Oliver was rank v Kelty. McGuffie was not the right man to replace Kennedy, and definitely shouldn't feature from the start again after yesterday. 

The fear for me is that Dunfermline won't be the game he mixes it up so its another week of the same most likely. 

The same team can do a job. We know that. But not at anything less than 100% commitment. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Of course it is. He needs to take overall responsibility for the attitude in the dressing room and going in with 1 forced change was as I said pre kick off yesterday, perplexing. You have to show the players who are coasting that they can and will be replaced, and are taking a chance with their place at Hampden if the replacement outperforms them in the meantime

Oliver was rank v Kelty. McGuffie was not the right man to replace Kennedy, and definitely shouldn't feature from the start again after yesterday. 

The fear for me is that Dunfermline won't be the game he mixes it up so its another week of the same most likely. 

The same team can do a job. We know that. But not at anything less than 100% commitment. 

The thing that worries me most is his continued faith in Oliver as a lone striker. I know he’s a highly rated striker by a lot of posters and he definitely has his strengths but for me, a centre forward who plays regularly and has only scored 6 league goals in the 3rd tier is nowhere near good enough.

I’d also like to see Lawal and Burrell given the chance but clearly McGlynn doesn’t rate them.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Imagine the piss take if McGlynn had said yesterday's game would be easy and we drew or got beat.

Like it or not, no manager is ever going to say a game will be easy. These guys all know each other, will speak on a regular basis and will want to keep good relationships so they are not going to risk all that by being disrespectful. 

I understand that but it’s not like he has to say there are no easy games either. That’s like trying to manage expectations when really we should be expected to beat Clyde.

When you have a full time club with  our budget and in a league of part time clubs then there should be easy games. He doesn’t have to say that but don’t come to a club like ours, talking up how big it is for this league, and then talk as though a point against Clyde is acceptable when we’re miles behind our rivals. 

When Oliver is coming out with likewise about his goal contribution then maybe the players are picking up that simply not losing to Clyde is acceptable. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The thing that worries me most is his continued faith in Oliver as a lone striker. I know he’s a highly rated striker by a lot of posters and he definitely has his strengths but for me, a centre forward who plays regularly and has only scored 6 league goals in the 3rd tier is nowhere near good enough.

I’d also like to see Lawal and Burrell given the chance but clearly McGlynn doesn’t rate them.

One the issues with Lawal (apart from being injured) is the amount of midfielders we have, we’ve moved Henderson out the back four, and with McGlynns favoured two wide players, we’ve got too many midfielders vying for the remaining slots. As posted McGlynn won’t change the line up for Saturday so we’re faced with the same starting line up hopefully with Kennedy & Max back. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

One the issues with Lawal (apart from being injured) is the amount of midfielders we have, we’ve moved Henderson out the back four, and with McGlynns favoured two wide players, we’ve got too many midfielders vying for the remaining slots. As posted McGlynn won’t change the line up for Saturday so we’re faced with the same starting line up hopefully with Kennedy & Max back. 

Lawal was bang on form when he got injured, and had successfully forced his way into a starting slot at that time. He scored a pearler to equalise against Clyde in his last game IIRC. He should have more than enough credit in the bank to be getting minutes. He was arguably our best player when he picked up the injury. 

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I understand that but it’s not like he has to say there are no easy games either.

In the words of that great philosopher Ronan Keating, you say it best, when you say nothing at all. 😋

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I understand that but it’s not like he has to say there are no easy games either. That’s like trying to manage expectations when really we should be expected to beat Clyde.

When you have a full time club with  our budget and in a league of part time clubs then there should be easy games. He doesn’t have to say that but don’t come to a club like ours, talking up how big it is for this league, and then talk as though a point against Clyde is acceptable when we’re miles behind our rivals. 

If a manager or player thinks a game will be easy, they don't put as much effort in and start showboating. That usually results in defeat.

What a manager says in public about results and performances isn't always what is said in the dressing room. There's no way he'll be happy with a point when we've still to nail down second place but Clyde are fighting to avoid the automatic relegation place. 

I accept that budgets and full time training means we should be beating the likes of Clyde but ultimately its 11 v 11 on the day and whatever happens on the day happens.

Many posters on here are too old to be getting worked up over a game of football and prefer to remain calm and reasonable about games. McGlynn will be the same

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s my opinion. 

On 04/04/2021 at 04:43, Back Post Misses said:

Your beloved Chairman had the chance to empty these two. Instead they get a pay rise.

He then brings in the Managers Coach and it gets even worse.

Club needs a clearout

On 04/04/2021 at 08:42, Back Post Misses said:

You have nothing but tell everyone how great he is since he was appointed

On 27/03/2021 at 03:58, Back Post Misses said:

There is a player in there agreed. Mid League 1 level player. Not good enough.

Mediocrity accepted by too many

Had to look back at what you said during M&M’s demise.

For context we were 4 points clear at the top on the 31st of March 2021. These were in reply to Bantabairn. 

This forum used to be more open for criticism and anyone accused of sticking up too adamantly for the club was accused of being attached to them, now it’s the opposite. At least I’ve been consistent with any criticism and tried to keep it fair. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

If a manager or player thinks a game will be easy, they don't put as much effort in and start showboating. That usually results in defeat.

What a manager says in public about results and performances isn't always what is said in the dressing room. There's no way he'll be happy with a point when we've still to nail down second place but Clyde are fighting to avoid the automatic relegation place. 

I accept that budgets and full time training means we should be beating the likes of Clyde but ultimately its 11 v 11 on the day and whatever happens on the day happens.

Many posters on here are too old to be getting worked up over a game of football and prefer to remain calm and reasonable about games. McGlynn will be the same

I think there is some reason to be worked up. It’s not just about form for the playoffs but had we won our last 3 matches then we’d only be 4 points behind Dunfermline ahead of our match against them next week. Had we won our last 4 matches or at least drawn with Dunfermline then we could be top of the league. It is narrow margins but being so far out the title race is disappointing and to resort back to the form prior to Christmas is worrying. 

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lawal was bang on form when he got injured, and had successfully forced his way into a starting slot at that time. He scored a pearler to equalise against Clyde in his last game IIRC. He should have more than enough credit in the bank to be getting minutes. He was arguably our best player when he picked up the injury. 

Agree with your post. We were crying out for some invention yesterday, why Lawal wasn’t considered is absolutely baffling. If it’s a case of Lawal & Burrell not fancied by McGlynn, for me that doesn’t sit right. 

27 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Had to look back at what you said during M&M’s demise.

For context we were 4 points clear at the top on the 31st of March 2021. These were in reply to Bantabairn. 

This forum used to be more open for criticism and anyone accused of sticking up to adamantly for the club was accused of being attached to them, now it’s the opposite. At least I’ve been consistent with any criticism and tried to keep it fair. 

IMO you have not been fair to a point that you have another agenda - may not be true but it is my opinion. Maybe too there is less to be critical about. M&M were hopeless, let’s not go there again.

I was critical after yesterday. 
Performances outside the Ayr game since we lost at Dunfermline have dropped off. McGlynn needs to sort that before the semi and Play offs. 

However we have lost twice since the beginning of December, granted recently it has been poor, but more than enough was good in that period for us to be cutting the manager slack to get us moving forward again. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO you have not been fair to a point that you have another agenda - may not be true but it is my opinion. 

Performances outside the Ayr game since we lost at Dunfermline have dropped off. McGlynn needs to sort that before the semi and Play offs. 

However we have lost twice since the beginning of December, granted recently it has been poor, but more than enough was good in that period for us to be cutting the manager slack to get us moving forward again. 

Ok so what’s the agenda and what have I said that isn’t fair? 

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

IMO you have not been fair to a point that you have another agenda - may not be true but it is my opinion. Maybe too there is less to be critical about. M&M were hopeless, let’s not go there again.

You regularly slated the team (deservedly on occasion) under previous boards and management teams. I don’t think it would be fair to say you wanted the team to lose then.

Yet now we sit 11 points off the top of league 1 with a 53% win percentage and you claim anyone daring to point out that league performance hasn’t been great must have an agenda? Ludicrous McCarthyism.