The Falkirk FC Thread

I've thought for a while now we are utterly dependant on our wingers. When Kennedy and Morrison play well we look half decent. 

When they're either not there or under par we look no better than last season. 

Hope to f**k Kennedy is back soon. Worth dropping morrison for a week or two as well to try and get his edge back.

f**k knows what Ola Lawal has to do to get a game . 

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm not sure it matters massively whether we're 2nd, 3rd or 4th. 

Thank f**k Edinburgh are miles back.

I still think we've got the squad strength to get up. The manager just needs to do better with them 

Oh it matters. Also, you're right, the manager matters too. Does McGlynn have what it takes to get the best out of your squad? Latest results are hardly convincing. He's starting to flap a bit. 

13 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Still looking up when you're well out it now. I'd be looking down if I were you. 2nd place is by no means secure anymore. 

I’m not looking up. 2nd or 3rd has no real bearing tbh. There’s an argument to say finishing 4th is the easiest route to promotion as Accies and Cove are done.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not looking up. 2nd or 3rd has no real bearing tbh. There’s an argument to say finishing 4th is the easiest route to promotion as Accies and Cove are done.

Of course it matters. It impacts who gets home advantage for the 2nd leg of the play off semi. And given how we turned over Montrose last year by having that advantage, I'd say it matters. Still, it's 2 games of 90 mins so anything can happen. It's important to arrive in form though and your mob are stumbling like a junkie on spice. 

8 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Oh it matters. Also, you're right, the manager matters too. Does McGlynn have what it takes to get the best out of your squad? Latest results are hardly convincing. He's starting to flap a bit. 

You're actually wrong here. He is trundling along selecting basically the same team and formation every single week as if we were 20 clear at the top.

We would love him to try something different!

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly wouldn't be averse to an apology on behalf of the playing staff for having me pay for that. Absolutely fucking pathetic given what's to come this season and still to play for

If one were to be kind, it's like we have taken a punch right on the nose in the Dunfermline game, and have taken a couple of steps backwards to clear our heads and gather our strength before wading back into it and smacking f**k out of c***s.

Or maybe we've just lost the plot at the worst time!

10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Of course it matters. It impacts who gets home advantage for the 2nd leg of the play off semi. And given how we turned over Montrose last year by having that advantage, I'd say it matters. Still, it's 2 games of 90 mins so anything can happen. It's important to arrive in form though and your mob are stumbling like a junkie on spice. 

Bask in your own teams win. I dare you.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If one were to be kind, it's like we have taken a punch right on the nose in the Dunfermline game, and have taken a couple of steps backwards to clear our heads and gather our strength before wading back into it and smacking f**k out of c***s.

Or maybe we've just lost the plot at the worst time!

I just think the effort levels look EXACTLY like when the season is done at whatever point and you are safe from relegation but can't get promoted. The utter pointlessness of those games is what this looks like. Pure apathy on the pitch. 75% tempo, training ground intensity and aggression. Zero risks taken. 

23 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Struggling against Clyde today was sadly more predictable than the 3-0 win you pronounced.

Oh was it. I bet you are delighted so you could come on here and gloat

We've ended up making it far, far too easy for dunfermline.  One or two games was a blip but failing to score a single goal against QoS, kelty and Clyde is fecking abysmal stuff. Oliver has a purple spell but he's not the answer if you want promoted. Starting  mcguffie is another backwards step. Theres hardly any pace in the side and bringing on Yates for mcginn when we're needing a goal and have lawal on the bench is nonsense. 

I don’t doubt that there are one or two on here with their own agendas - that has been evident for a long time - but I’m not sure it’s ‘basking’ in anything to point out that 2 points out of 12 and 0 goals in those 4 games in League One is appalling. That performance today was Martin Rennie level bad, and it’s okay to claim that if we didn’t have a semi-final to look forward to, we’d be talking about near-capitulation territory here given where we were sitting before the Pars game only 3 weeks ago.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

McGuffie - scores one of the best ever goals anyone is likely to see at the stadium, gets a starting slot and turns on a performance I can only describe as utterly useless. 

Nesbitt - after continually having a go at the guy, I thought he had turned the corner with a consistent level of decent displays and I actually thought worthy of a new contract. If I was McGlynn I would be reading the small print to see if there’s a chance to nullify his recent 2 year contract extension. Like McGuffie an absolute shit no show again. 

33 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Makes it all the worse.

Couple of fools on here wallowing in this bad spell.

Not really a bad spell though, is it? We were mediocre to put it kindly until the Queen of the South game at christmas. We had an excellent run from then until early March and have been dreadful in the league since then. 

You don't end up 11 points behind Dunfermline due to a couple of bad results. Frankly, the league performance has not been good enough. A 53% win percentage in league 1 is well short of the standard required and I don't think it is being excessively negative to say so.

9 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Bask in your own teams win. I dare you.

I shall thanks. Alloa is a tough place to go and get 3 points, nevermind a clean sheet too. Not sure they really troubled our keeper so credit to the midfield and defence for that. 19 goals for and 2 against in 4 games. Can't complain, thanks for asking. 

Dunfermline have drew their last two home games. At the same time we’ve lost to QOS and drew with Clyde. We could have been a hell of a lot closer going into next week’s game so it’s annoying. However you can’t deny Dunfermline deserve to win it. I don’t know what formation McGlynn can really go to. 4-4-2 doesn’t work as most teams play with 3 central midfielders which means we’d have a man less in there. Do we go 3-5-2? It’s the only realistic way of getting two strikers on. Oliver will play next week as Burrell and Allan will get eaten by Benedictus. Unless of course he brings in Wright. 

10 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

I shall thanks. Alloa is a tough place to go and get 3 points, nevermind a clean sheet too. Not sure they really troubled our keeper so credit to the midfield and defence for that. 19 goals for and 2 against in 4 games. Can't complain, thanks for asking. 

And yet here you are….Falkirk page….post after post after post.

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

And yet here you are….Falkirk page….post after post after post.

Not sure you understand how an Internet forum works. You do know you can comment on other clubs pages don't you? And, it's not even against the rules! Crazy eh? 

Yes, I do enjoy Saturdays when Lolkirk stumble. Pleasing. Enjoy your night.