The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

When you finishing your ground off like? You can't really count a stand built in 1960 odd and some bucket seats screwed into terracing as your ground being finished surely.

Especially when half of it isn’t fit for purpose! What use is a stand you canny put people in 🤣

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Well done Falkirk as you were the only team playing football last night. As others have said Ayr were a one man team whereas Falkirk passed and attacked. I did think Ayr had

escaped with that penalty but clapped at both the miss and Falkirk's deflected winner. 

Was a bit surprised about how long ball Ayr actually were I must admit. Always remember them as a good footballing side in the past with sudden and Templeton and more recently under McCall. Was certainly a bit agricultural last night.

9 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Especially when half of it isn’t fit for purpose! What use is a stand you canny put people in 🤣

There were over a thousand fans in the North Stand, they were standing behind the linesman who was looking along the Falkirk goaline in the second half. 

It's pretty useful. 

20230314_202240.jpg.9984990bdf8e903ede952ac2cdd08cd7.jpg

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

When you finishing your ground off like? You can't really count a stand built in 1960 odd and some bucket seats screwed into terracing as your ground being finished surely.

It's impressive how you managed to get everything wrong in one post. Fair play! 

20230314_201910.jpg

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

First post since last night. Loved it last night. Was really proud of the whole team, coaching staff and every single fan.

My son was a mascot in 2013 and he was there last night as a 19 year old man. To see and hear the emotion in him at full time was fantastic to see. On the flip side, my 75 year old dad who’s been going since he was a nipper is now wanting to run a mini-bus so the whole family can go to the semi. No way he’d do this if we were playing an arse cheek.

Happy for people to contradict me but my opinion is firmly that these occasions are better when you ain’t playing either of the bigots. Nothing to do with the fact that they will likely hammer us but more I can enjoy the day with my dad and my boy and not be on edge about what their scummy fans might say or do.

I’m really looking forward to it and genuinely think we have a good chance although I’m sure the ICT fans feel the same.

Last night was brilliant - roll on the semi final.

Great post, epitomises what it means to the generations of Falkirk supporters. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There were over a thousand fans in the North Stand, they were standing behind the linesman who was looking along the Falkirk goaline in the second half. 

It's pretty useful. 

20230314_202240.jpg.9984990bdf8e903ede952ac2cdd08cd7.jpg

It's impressive how you managed to get everything wrong in one post. Fair play! 

20230314_201910.jpg

You've built two new stands we've built 3.  Your other two have still got stantions FFS.  Either that or I must have missed you demolishing the main stand and then replacing it with another old fashioned stand which would have been rather silly I'd have thought. 1962 it was built was it not? 

14 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You've built two new stands we've built 3.  Your other two have still got stantions FFS.  Either that or I must have missed you demolishing the main stand and then replacing it with another old fashioned stand which would have been rather silly I'd have thought. 1962 it was built was it not? 

And despite these three new stands you've just had pages of discussion about how these stands don't protect you from the elements, maybe time to build them again? 

You said the stand built in the 60s had terracing, the main stand never had terracing. 

The North Stand did have terracing, however has never had bucket seats. 

And this is all a bit silly because EEP is quite simply, a far superior stadium to TFS. It would be rather silly to try claim otherwise when there's been pages of discussion on this thread about the problems with TFS. 

Now get those main stand sections handed over, thank you. 

Edited by Grant228

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And despite these three new stands you've just had pages of discussion about how these stands don't protect you from the elements, maybe time to build them again? 

You said the stand built in the 60s had terracing, the main stand never had terracing. 

And this is all a bit silly because EEP is quite simply, a far superior stadium to TFS. It would be rather silly to try claim otherwise when there's been pages of discussion on this thread about the problems with TFS. 

Your main stand still has terracing ffs 

At the moment we are 9 points clear of third, 9 points clear of fourth, and 11 points clear of fifth, with a game in hand over each of them. We are also 8 points off the top with an inferior goal difference having played the same number of games.

Decent chance that we're already locked into 2nd place before Edinburgh at home on Tuesday 18th April and the trip to Alloa the following Saturday.

Would be good to give the squad a proper rest before the SF and the playoffs.

26 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I did not claim that your main stand had terracing wtf are you getting that from. You've got a main stand built in the  60s and the one opposite is basically seats screwed into an old terracing.  Your grounds only half finished . It's 2023 you shouldn't have pillars blocking your view at a football ground . Did the pipes no freeze in the old heap of a main stand not that long ago too.  

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

At the moment we are 9 points clear of third, 9 points clear of fourth, and 11 points clear of fifth, with a game in hand over each of them. We are also 8 points off the top with an inferior goal difference having played the same number of games.

Decent chance that we're already locked into 2nd place before Edinburgh at home on Tuesday 18th April and the trip to Alloa the following Saturday.

Would be good to give the squad a proper rest before the SF and the playoffs.

The inferior goal difference isn't a problem, if Falkirk were to make up the points you would exceed our goal difference. 

I wondered how Falkirk would plan the re-arranged games. It crossed my mind you might consider trying to arrange both prior to the next game at TFS in an effort to crank up the pressure (providing you go on another v good winning run). Have you put them on the other side with the thinking that if the title is gone the full concentration can go onto the playoffs and the semi with some squad rotation? 

Or they might have just been chucked on the next available free week, who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Your main stand still has terracing ffs 

Where about in EEP can you buy a ticket to watch a game from terracing? I'd fucking love that. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The inferior goal difference isn't a problem, if Falkirk were to make up the points you would exceed our goal difference. 

I wondered how Falkirk would plan the re-arranged games. It crossed my mind you might consider trying to arrange both prior to the next game at TFS in an effort to crank up the pressure (providing you go on another v good winning run). Have you put them on the other side with the thinking that if the title is gone the full concentration can go onto the playoffs and the semi with some squad rotation? 

Or they might have just been chucked on the next available free week, who knows. 

Where about in EEP can you buy a ticket to watch a game from terracing? I'd fucking love that. 

Takes two to tango but my guess is we've pushed them back a bit in the hopes of a bigger walk up crowd with lighter nights and (hopefully) milder weather on the way.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didn't say you could buy tickets for it. I said it's still there. 

What a truly tragic debate. Our ground looked fucking tremendous last Tuesday night and anyone saying otherwise is fucking lying. Falkirks is one of the better looking new builds, albeit missing a stand. Sort that out and it's ideal.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Regardless, it's a fine stadium. We absolutely love it. It has 4 stands and I don't think we lease it off the cooncil etc. 

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I think given your consistency Mcglynn has been around long enough to know the league is 99.5% done.