The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yes, so bondage trousers aren't tight leather/latex?

Nope pal, usually a canvas material with zips, straps, d’rings etc. Google early pics of the Skids etc, I’m sure Jobson would have cut about in they fellas back in the day. I’m sure Malcolm McLaren/Vivienne Westwood came up with the concept. They were very smart or at least I thought they were.

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Nothing worse than a tiny away support coming, you get a good 10 mins into the game, and you hear a drum banging. Kills me every time

Alloa had a drummer and then some poor twat who has to stand and hold it for 90 mins whilst the other twat hits it.  How did the match go today. Magic I stood holding this drum whilst my pal whacked it. 

50 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope pal, usually a canvas material with zips, straps, d’rings etc. Google early pics of the Skids etc, I’m sure Jobson would have cut about in they fellas back in the day. I’m sure Malcolm McLaren/Vivienne Westwood came up with the concept. They were very smart or at least I thought they were.

The Skids. A fine Dunfermline band with Stuart being a Pars fan.

13 minutes ago, parslad said:

The Skids. A fine Dunfermline band with Stuart being a Pars fan.

I’ve seen them and Big Country loads of times. Seen The Skids at the Alhambra a good few years ago, was a cracking gig apart from the amount of black & white shite on show 😜 I know Adamson was a Par but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere Jobson was a Celtic man.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve seen them and Big Country loads of times. Seen The Skids at the Alhambra a good few years ago, was a cracking gig apart from the amount of black & white shite on show 😜 I know Adamson was a Par but I’m pretty sure I read somewhere Jobson was a Celtic man.

He went to St Columbas in Dunfermline, there's a few Celtic fans frequented there. He's also a St Pauli fan, a bit of commonality between both sets of fans too. I'd hedge my bets he's got a soft spot for Celtic. 

5 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

He went to St Columbas in Dunfermline, there's a few Celtic fans frequented there. He's also a St Pauli fan, a bit of commonality between both sets of fans too. I'd hedge my bets he's got a soft spot for Celtic. 

Yeah, I saw him doing a night a few years ago at St Luke’s with Bruce Watson and his laddie where they spoke about their lives. Some of Jobsons stories were hilarious. He was wearing a St Pauli t’shirt that night.

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You're right about Jobson being a Celtic fan but unsure if he ever went to watch them. Bruce Watson is also a Pars fan. Not sure about Faye Fife from the Rezillos.

Edited by parslad

10 minutes ago, parslad said:

You're right about Jobson being a Celtic fan but unsure if he ever went to watch them. Bruce Watson is also a Pars fan. Not sure about Faye Fife from the Rezillos.

Rezillos was my first ever gig at Grangemouth Town Hall in the late 70’s. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah, I saw him doing a night a few years ago at St Luke’s with Bruce Watson and his laddie where they spoke about their lives. Some of Jobsons stories were hilarious. He was wearing a St Pauli t’shirt that night.

I used to work with Bruce in the Dockyard years ago. He's a sound lad. Never met Jobson personally, but seen him fronting the Skids loads. In 2019 I was Sa Coma, Majorca and met Bill Simpson, went on the piss with him. He spoke fondly of Stuart Adamson, it was them who founded the Skids. He didn't have too many inspiring words for Jobson. That said he only gave up touring with the Skids 2 or 3 year ago. He's a good Pars man. 

22 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Rezillos was my first ever gig at Grangemouth Town Hall in the late 70’s. 

Decent band. Seen them a few times including supporting the Skids at the ballroom. The ballroom was great for punk bands back in the day. The Clash twice, The Damned, The Stranglers, UK Subs, The Ruts, Electric Chairs, The Skids, Richard Hell, Rezillos, Wreckless Eric, Suicide. Seen them all back in my youth. Also Stranglers/ Skids at Falkirk Maniqui.

Edited by parslad

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We used to get loads of bands at the International too back in the day. Good times 👍

I got to Rebellion festival in Blackpool every year. Still love the music.