The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Blind optimism 😉

Slim chance is blind optimism? Doesn’t make sense imo. 8 points gap with 9 games to go, when we’ve still to play each other. What if it’s a 6 point gap going in to that game in April? 3 point gap if we won with 5 games to go potentially. Is that blind optimism? Do you want the trophy handed to you just now?

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Do you want the trophy handed to you just now?

Please!

Seriously, you're correct. Nothing has been won. This squad doesn't seem to be the type to take their eyes off the ball though. We have to go up & beat Peterhead this weekend. Then it's 11 points all of a sudden, with a home game against Edinburgh the next week while you have to go to Dumfries.

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I know it’s still image, but this is as far back the ball goes. It goes no further. Not over the line. The linesman went with the crowd and players.

E389B98F-330F-4F9A-A828-6225F7C6B41D.jpeg

Miles over. 

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I know it’s still image, but this is as far back the ball goes. It goes no further. Not over the line. The linesman went with the crowd and players.

E389B98F-330F-4F9A-A828-6225F7C6B41D.jpeg

You'd think in this day and age they'd no have potatoes for cameras in these type of situations lol

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Do you want the trophy handed to you just now?

As a Falkirk fan then that would be lovely 🤗.

However, it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Presented with all the facts and what we witnessed last night that's what I'd call it but we've all got to cling to something. 

It's very difficult to tell whether a ball is fully over a line with the naked eye especially when no part of the ball actually has to be touching the line. Look at the goal Japan scored at the world cup. Everyone thought the ball was over the line and even looking at stills with the naked eye it looked out but it was in due to the circumference of a small part of the ball being on the white line. No idea how a linesman can therefor tell from that position that it's over.  Let's face it he's basically guessing. We were rotten anyway so I wouldn't blame anyone for the result other than ourselves for not turning up on the night.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No I didn’t. I’ll re-direct that to fans who’ve decided it’s all over.

Tbf, we don't need to delude ourselves that theres more than 1% chance we win the league to demand that we keep the levels up. The playoffs are a valid route for promotion. They are a route we should absolutely fancy, and haven't even made yet in this league. So for that reason, we keep going. Promotion is still in our hands, the league title isn't. McGlynn and the players jobs now is to maintain the levels that have so far, and should continue to see us with a right good chance of succeeding in getting out this league. 

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

Miles over. 

Someone needs to read the rules. Last time I checked it was still the whole ball that had to cross the line.

Having seen the actual footage and not the still it's bang on the line so no goal. 

I thought the ref had a decent game bar stopping play to clear the projectiles thrown on but should've known one of the other officials would have a 'mare 😒

Hard as it is to accept, Dunfermline are doing this league the way we should have done years ago. They put the resources and new management in place, backed them up and are pushing to bounce straight back up. 

When we came down, we stuck with McKinnon and then tried various ways of doing things on the cheap with youth coaches and the likes as our managers. 

Only this season are we doing what we should have 4-5 years ago, but we have a whole amount of baggage and dross in the club now acting as an anchor. Hopefully we make it in the playoffs but these are gambles. If we don't, then next year I reckon we'll make a stronger challenge. 

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

A bit of realism....although hard to take. Dunfermline are where they are on merit.

However, the league was not won or lost just on last nights performance (albeit, we never turned up).

Our form in the first quarter and a bit of the season is what has cost us the league. Losing to Kelty twice, drawing with Clyde, drawing with Airdrie / Montrose at our place (not to mention losing a late goal to Alloa a few weeks back) have all cost us points. If yer Auntie had baws and all that!

All is not lost and hopefully we can get the wheels back on the wagon on Monday night. However, a few who didnt turn up last night need to be a lot better. The cash from a cup semi is hugely important to the club and a win might just give us the momentum back that we will need for the Playoffs.

It would also be good to give The Pars a doing at our place in a few weeks time........  

Dunfermline have only lost one game but they’ve dropped points too. For me the two defeats against Dunfermline have been the costliest.