The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Paranoid said:

Maybe the crowd spooked a few. Anyway, it's not over. Quarter of a season left. Draws can be killers.

Don’t be ridiculous, it’s finished. I think we could win every game till the end of the season, including against Dunfermline, and still wouldn’t win the league now. 

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

The set piece was a result of Donaldson backing off and letting their winger get a ridiculously easy attempt at goal.

And nothing about us giving it away in midfield and the lad running all over Max. Your digs at Donaldson are embarrassing 

2 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

There’s no escaping the fact that Donaldson was absolutely garbage last night.  It was the worst performance I’ve seen from him.  His distribution, which is normally a strength, was shite and he kept giving the ball away.  

Thats not a “bandwagon”.  He’s been our strongest CB all season.  Just not last night.

We all see things differently. I didn’t think he was that bad. All about opinions. 

McCann had his worst game of the season and the front three were poor. 

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

While I appreciate people saying that our season isn’t over and we simply move on - of course, this is absolutely true, we’ve still got a lot to play for and much we can possibly achieve - I don’t think you can just write it off that easily either. That second half performance was completely unacceptable, and for all the improvements we’ve made, was symptomatic of Falkirk in big games where the fans turn up. Playing against a ‘better team’ isn’t an excuse for lack of passion. The second half was so passive, and many players looked like they gave up at 1-0. For a top of the table, derby game in front of nearly 10,000 folk, it’s not simply a case of ‘oh well, we move on’. We almost accepted it when it was Hartley’s or Rennie’s bunch of serial losers as that was what was expected of them, but not this team which has built up some credit in the bank.  I’m a big fan of McGlynn and think he’s done a very, very good job considering where we were last year, but it doesn’t take away from the fact that that is two derby games in a row where he’s been outthought and the team have been outfought. 

Anyway we are where we are.

Dunfermline's league to lose and a collapse on the run-in is a possibility. Falkirk must put the result behind them and grind out win's to keep the pressure on. So the reaction in the next few league games will tell a lot about the team's mentality when the chips are down.

As for the cup game well Dundee showed earlier in the season the standard in the league above us. So let's have a blood and snotters cup tie and go for it.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We all see things differently. I didn’t think he was that bad. All about opinions. 

McCann had his worst game of the season and the front three were poor. 

McCann was awful last night. Worst player on the park by a mile. He picked the worst game possible to have a howler. 

The 2 wingers didn’t play well either and Oliver was totally isolated.

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Having watched three different highlights, the ball was not over the line. That swung momentum of the game and it was the wrong call.

It was.

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

These players should appreciate playing in front of a crowd like that yesterday because they certainly wouldn’t be good enough for Falkirk in pretty much any other era in our history. 

Don’t see why that’s relevant - we are where we are and it’s the strongest team we’ve had since we’ve been in L1 

8 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Having watched three different highlights, the ball was not over the line. That swung momentum of the game and it was the wrong call.

Excellent if true 😄

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

McCann was awful last night. Worst player on the park by a mile. He picked the worst game possible to have a howler. 

The 2 wingers didn’t play well either and Oliver was totally isolated.

Not that it matters as the majority of our team didn't turn up but I'd have McGinn as our worst player, kept shelling long balls rather than getting the ball down and playing. 

13 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Don’t see why that’s relevant - we are where we are and it’s the strongest team we’ve had since we’ve been in L1 

It’s relevant because they don’t have the personalities to deal with big pressure games, better players thrive in these games.

Hugely disappointing, especially given the run the team had been on, but yet again Dunfermline showed why they are going to win the league. Organised and disciplined at the back, and scrape goals from mistakes and set pieces. 3 games we've played against them and its been a penalty, 2 badly defended corners and a horrendous mistake thats cost us goals.

I still think we'll go up through play offs, but McGlynn has a job on his hands to lift the players again for the run in.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

As @Paranoid said, draws can be killers too.

Facts speak for themselves...

Dunfermline have Won nine and drawn three games since the beginning of December.

In the same time Falkirk have, now, Won nine, drawn two and lost one.

So in 12 games you have gained a whole MINUS one point on Dunfermline. Barring a stunning collapse over the last 9 games...In which Dundermline are unbeaten at home and have the best away record in the league and now 16 clean sheets in 27 league games... i'd say it's asking too much.

Falkirk really had to win last night (a draw might even have made it interesting)...but once again the most attacking free flowing team in the league (not my words) were easily out fought and out witted by Dunfermline....

Good luck in the cup as I know that money is tight at Grangemouth just now and I do love the "Kincardine Derby" days...

23 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Come On Please GIF by NBA

5 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

It’s relevant because they don’t have the personalities to deal with big pressure games, better players thrive in these games.

Having “personality” doesn’t stop you from getting gubbed. We haven’t lost these games because of lack of personality, we lost because we’ve been outplayed. 

29 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Can you post links to the 3 highlights please? I was behind the goal & it looked tight but my cousin was in the main stand in line with the goal line & said it was definitely over the line.

57 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And nothing about us giving it away in midfield and the lad running all over Max. Your digs at Donaldson are embarrassing 

Slender 20 year old playmaker gets pushed off ball when caught out vs experienced defender not defending.

Big difference there. 

Donaldson may do well against the diddies in this league but has been found out against Airdrie and Dunfermline when it mattered.

It's not digs when the proof is there to back it up. It's literally pointing out failures!