The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've come from a manager who could both win us domestic trophies and have us performing well in the top flight, maybe the comparison is simply unfair.

As it is though, the feeling is that 20+ years of hard work are being chucked down the drain. The Browns have all but stepped back from the club too (Steve Brown has taken a back seat role for years and is cutting all ties this Summer no matter what, leaving us with no real chairman and a club up for sale with no buyers) which makes the doom feeling stronger.

It seems to me that your player recruitment is the issue then surely at the moment.. Who deals with that? Do you have a dof or is it solely under the responsibility of the manager?  

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Having played for Sheffield United previously I would imagine?

Is that a misdemeanor?  Funny way of putting it. Kai Kennedy has a previous misdemeanor then too. Far better saying having played for the other shower of shit across the water.

11 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dont know which game is bigger.  Win tomorrow and it makes the run in exciting. Win next Monday and it is big money as the chance of a semi final against one of the bigots is odds on.

Promotion far more important in the long run. Cup semi would be a bonus but not at the expense of perhaps another year in this hellish league. Win both great if I had to choose though tonight all the way.

13 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Right....Ive got an offer of a trade here

You lot give us Jordan allan back and i.ll forget Jimmy Gilmour said in the 90s. Playing for Clyde was the highlight of his career..

We got a deal or wit?!

No deal. I'm sure mo johnston also said at some point that Clyde was actually the only team he'd ever really wanted to play for.

13 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Big game in doubt. Snow forecast for Sunday

Its also to snow before Sunday, you'd think that snow will melt and the pitch will be wet so any more snow is unlikely to lie long before the rain kicks in. 

Its still tonight I'm wary of a late postponement over but some of my Dunfermline living work colleagues have told me there shouldn't be any risk of tonight being off, one lives not far from the stadium

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

It seems to me that your player recruitment is the issue then surely at the moment.. Who deals with that? Do you have a dof or is it solely under the responsibility of the manager?  

The manager has been in control of that.

We hired a "Head of Recruitment" Summer 2021 after it became clear Davidson hadnt actually bothered trying to find any targets (plenty of rumours he spent his Summer hawking himself around English clubs). He had January 2022, and since then its been all Davidson again.

Tommy Wright was in charge of transfers too but was heavily restricted in what he could spend by Geoff/Steve Brown. Thats gone under Davidson so hes got free reign to do as he wants really (see the 30+ man squad/"instant impact" ageing players on big deals).

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The manager has been in control of that.

We hired a "Head of Recruitment" Summer 2021 after it became clear Davidson hadnt actually bothered trying to find any targets (plenty of rumours he spent his Summer hawking himself around English clubs). He had January 2022, and since then its been all Davidson again.

Tommy Wright was in charge of transfers too but was heavily restricted in what he could spend by Geoff/Steve Brown. Thats gone under Davidson so hes got free reign to do as he wants really (see the 30+ man squad/"instant impact" ageing players on big deals).

What does Gus McPherson do?

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

What does Gus McPherson do?

*shrugs*

We had a meet the board type thing a month or so back and he refused to take part so nobody could ask. Its not hard to forget hes at the club as hes literally never mentioned by anyone.

Much like our "Head of PR" Mark Guidi, who instead of meeting fans went on Go Radio to talk about Rangers.

A lot of people at our club who seem to take a wage while nobody has a clue what they do. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

We had a meet the board type thing a month or so back and he refused to take part so nobody could ask. Its not hard to forget hes at the club as hes literally never mentioned by anyone.

Much like our "Head of PR" Mark Guidi, who instead of meeting fans went on Go Radio to talk about Rangers.

A lot of people at our club who seem to take a wage while nobody has a clue what they do. 

I know Geoff browns about 80 but you'd think he'd be far from happy about how things are going at a club that was once seen as the best run in the league when he was in charge.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

What misdemeanor is that. 

If it's the same Simon Stainrod, he, back in the day insited a full scale riot while playing for Oldham v Wednesday. He got our fan fav Terry Curran sent off by feigning he was hit and all hell broke lose.

Our kop at Hillsborough was closed for weeks because of it.

Ironically I believe he is a Wednesday fan 

1 minute ago, Patch said:

If it's the same Simon Stainrod, he, back in the day insited a full scale riot while playing for Oldham v Wednesday. He got our fan fav Terry Curran sent off by feigning he was hit and all hell broke lose.

Hardly his fault if the fans can't behave themselves . Jesus wept. 

33 minutes ago, Patch said:

There can be only one...

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Promotion far more important in the long run. Cup semi would be a bonus but not at the expense of perhaps another year in this hellish league. Win both great if I had to choose though tonight all the way.

Win tonight forget everything else. Last thing needed is one or two players unconsciously holding back for possibly the only Hampden cup appearance of their career. 

14 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

After all the years of insipidness, we’re due one where we properly turn up in a big game. Really hoping that it is this evening. 

My thoughts exactly. We MUST show our best form and take something from the game but over the last few years we seem to almost get there but .....

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I know Geoff browns about 80 but you'd think he'd be far from happy about how things are going at a club that was once seen as the best run in the league when he was in charge.

He left his son in charge, who stepped back a few years ago and is leaving the club leaderless this Summer because hes had enough.

The clubs seemingly been up for sale for years because none of the Brown family are interested in running it now. Geoff is back in charge this Summer but at his age its uncertain how much input he'll actually put in.