The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just listened to it on the train back from work. The opening dedication to Hilly was lovely, well done guys ❤️

I don’t mind admitting a tear was shed at it 

17 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thanks guys. Not going to lie, I broke down as soon as I stopped talking. Hilly watched as soon as it was out every week & he’d have wanted us to do it this week, but was bloody hard. COYB 💙

I last spoke to Gary in CCU at Forth Valley Hospital in July,i was in for 5 days and all we would talk about was Falkirk,he never once complained about how he was feeling.I can say hand on heart he is one of the nicest guys i have ever met.

On 20/02/2023 at 16:21, roman_bairn said:

Agreed. Pleased to see the club looking for the culprit too. 
Nice to see the club doing things the right way in situations like this at last…

Indeed, it'd be nice if a statement could come out prior to our games saying to wrap it in with the shite songs, far from them quieting down, they were probably as loud as they've ever been at the last game at TFS. 

22 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I last spoke to Gary in CCU at Forth Valley Hospital in July,i was in for 5 days and all we would talk about was Falkirk,he never once complained about how he was feeling.I can say hand on heart he is one of the nicest guys i have ever met.

He was mate. 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thanks guys. Not going to lie, I broke down as soon as I stopped talking. Hilly watched as soon as it was out every week & he’d have wanted us to do it this week, but was bloody hard. COYB 💙

Watched it - you done brilliantly mate. It was really fitting and Hilly would have been proud of you. Well done. 💙 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Indeed, it'd be nice if a statement could come out prior to our games saying to wrap it in with the shite songs, far from them quieting down, they were probably as loud as they've ever been at the last game at TFS. 

That be from your side too then? 

56 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That be from your side too then? 

Is there anything in particular you're thinking of? If we were singing about Craig Gowans en masses or songs of that Ilk then absolutely. Thankfully that isn't the case. The club has in the past released statements when fan behaviour hasn't been good enough, every club has idiots, that's inevitable, you can't help who else supports your team. The club though can make it clear what behaviour is, and isn't acceptable which is where the old firm are complicit in there silence. 

10 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Can confirm walking past your fans after the game all I could hear was Craig Gowans chants sadly. Matched by our fans singing about Norrie. Neither acceptable

Calling absolute fiction on the first part tbh. Was sit right beside the singing section at the last game and there wasn't a peep about Craig Gowans, if there was it would have been all over social media/the match thread? 

How did this fictional song go? 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Calling absolute fiction on the first part tbh. Was sit right beside the singing section at the last game and there wasn't a peep about Craig Gowans, if there was it would have been all over social media/the match thread? 

As you can see if you use your eyes correctly, you may note that I said after the game.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Here's how it went/what I believed it to be.

Tune of American Pie.

"So, bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Craigy Gowans touched the wire but the wire was live"

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

As you can see if you use your eyes correctly, you may note that I said after the game.

Oh I did, funnily enough I didn't just vanish after the game, nor did the fans. Go back and have a look at the footage, and there's tons of it. Of the fans in the stadium for a good while after the final whistle had sounded, and you're telling me the lyrics below were getting belted out? Where exactly did this happen and why on earth is this just coming out now? 

What a bizarre thing to lie about. 

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

Here's how it went/what I believed it to be.

Tune of American Pie.

"So, bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Craigy Gowans touched the wire but the wire was live"

😂 What pish. 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oh I did, funnily enough I didn't just vanish after the game, nor did the fans. Go back and have a look at the footage, and there's tons of it. Of the fans in the stadium for a good while after the final whistle had sounded, and you're telling me the lyrics below were getting belted out? Where exactly did this happen and why on earth is this just coming out now? 

What a bizarre thing to lie about. 

😂 What pish. 

There was several people posting about the songs from both sides of fans. People distinctly saying it's poor on both ends which it absolutely is. Honestly this just makes you lose all credibility coming on to criticise our fans and in the same breath denying any wrong doing when thousands of people have heard it. This was both games this season and both have been remarked upon. In fact I even vaguely remember some Dunfermline fans joining in this conversation and saying both groups need to clamp down on it. At least we can admit and call out poor behaviour, maybe you should have a look at yourself and why you are not happy to call out terrible behaviour by your own fans. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I suppose you don't remember the police barricade after the game to allow home fans to pass safely aswell?

I’d just drop out of the conversation. He’s an attention seeker looking for a reaction through being controversial.

All decent fans know the stuff about Norrie and Craig is disgusting and needs eradicated. We’ve known that for years.

The fact he wants to keep it going through constantly discussing it and not only that he wanted to know lyrics of the death of a teenage laddie is fucking sick.

My advice would be don’t get involved in any conversation with him.