The Falkirk FC Thread

Good result against a really stuffy Alloa side who set up to make it difficult for us although aside from a short burst, we looked largely comfortable. To the idiot who decided to shout abuse at Brian Rice about his betting addiction, going to quit that sh*te please? 

6 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I don't watch it often, it was pretty shocking not to even mention it, I wonder why!

It should be a great vehicle to show off the game out with the Old Firm, and for me they miss the mark completely and also the cringe theatrics between them.

Embarrassing stuff and that's before you start on the twat of the Stenny guy.

I rewound it cos I'd thought I'd missed it, stopped watching the programme ages ago but thought surely there will be a Darvel love in on this occasion but no. Just reaffirms what I always thought n dislike about it.  Student type arseholes from the Stuart Cosgrove ilk of brainiacs that no c**t is really arsed about whilst guffawing at their own bants. 

57 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

stopped watching the programme ages ago but thought surely there will be a Darvel love in on this occasion but no. Just reaffirms what I always thought n dislike about it.  Student type arseholes from the Stuart Cosgrove ilk of brainiacs that no c**t is really arsed about whilst guffawing at their own bants. 

Totally agree. Thought it was a good idea when it started, but OMFG their ship has long since sailed, and its descended into being truly unbearable and actually irrelevant. Such a pity. 

14 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Totally agree. Thought it was a good idea when it started, but OMFG their ship has long since sailed, and its descended into being truly unbearable and actually irrelevant. Such a pity. 

The concept is sound but it needs a refresh with new presenters they were good but they just say the same thing using different words now

Typical BBC Scotland with their insular inward looking establishment jobsworths.

I really don’t mind the show. There are plenty of interesting bits and pieces…..it really isn’t an hour of the four/five guys chatting. 

If I wanted to rip into TV dislikes, VFTT wouldn’t appear on my radar at all.

Anyway, a really good result today even if the performance wasn’t particularly great. Is that six wins and one draw in our last seven? Real crunch games still to come (including Airdrie who have read us our horoscope too many times in recent years).

Three weeks from now, and our season might be a hell of a lot clearer.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Airdrie keeper sent off today which obviously helps.

Dunfermline fans scathing about their own teams performance today.

We were poor today and you will face David "flapper" Hutton in goals.

Put your mortgage on Falkirk -5

Guest FFC1965

BBC Scotlands speciality is to flog a decent idea to death.  VFTT just follows the tradition set by the likes of Only An Excuse and Still Game.  Only surpassed by deciding to make a show featuring the ex Tory Janey Godley giving us her insights on the 2015 ICT v FFC Cup Final.   

Must admit I never liked VFTT, longest Ive managed to watch it continuously is about 15 minutes.  It just sounds like a group of arseholes the like of which can be witnessed on any weekend Scotrail service.   

Im more of an Only Connect man.  

Yeah I was coming on to say what a refreshing and honest interview that was . Real leadership qualities off the pitch as well as on it, liked what he was saying about McCann and Morrison.

Tough game today, I think if Henderson hadn't got injured we might have seen Burrell or Allan but Wright was probably on for his height in defence at set pieces as much attack. Really impressed by young Kucheriavyi though.

56 minutes ago, 101 said:

We were poor today and you will face David "flapper" Hutton in goals.

Put your mortgage on Falkirk -5

They won't face Hutton. It'll be a loan keeper for sure.  Tbh Falkirk usually struggle to get any shots on target at our place so might just stick one of the pie ladies in and it'll be fine 👍♦️