The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Definitely been proved wrong about Oliver, couldn’t see what he brought to the party in the early part of the season but he’s made himself an integral part of the line up and along with the move to Henderson in midfield, he’s been a huge part of our success in recent months. 

I was speaking to a mate at work today he is a Celtic fan but i don't hold that against him,he watched the game on monday and he was shocked when i told him Henderson was a CH moved into midfield.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The only issue with Oliver was the lack of goals during his initial run as the no.9. That was the only criticism you could have around his game, but recently the goals have been coming and he deserves to be that starting striker.

He said when he signed he wasnt an out and out goalscorer though you cant hold that against him but the goals he has scored have been crucial.

On another note how good is it when we score or win seeing Henderson celebrate, you can see how much it means to him Kelty one was epic with his celebrations

6 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The only issue with Oliver was the lack of goals during his initial run as the no.9. That was the only criticism you could have around his game, but recently the goals have been coming and he deserves to be that starting striker.

I asked earlier in the week how many he had scored and was surprised it was 9. Not a bad tally for a striker more used to set up others.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

He said when he signed he wasnt an out and out goalscorer though you cant hold that against him but the goals he has scored have been crucial.

On another note how good is it when we score or win seeing Henderson celebrate, you can see how much it means to him Kelty one was epic with his celebrations

Hendo and Donaldson react like players who come through our academy. Love it!

Oliver clearly took on board the perfectly valid and constructive criticism I screamed at him from the KM7 and has become a better player as a result.  A wise young man. It takes a lot for a professional athlete to realise the overweight, bald gentleman spewing obscenities in the stand who hasn't kicked a ball in thirty years knows more  than him. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Lewis Jamieson looked good against us for Clyde last year, he signed on loan with Airdrie after we'd signed Oliver and bagged 8 goals. 

Jamieson hasn’t played a lot of games. Gary Oliver is much more experienced. Most of the early summer signings had that precise profile and we are seeing the benefit now. 

Oliver has been better of late but Burrell is a better finisher. Goals per minute stats are way better and unless we play another striker along with Oliver he'll continue to be judged on that. Up front v Alloa we had no wingers and Burrell had  basically no service.

McGlynns signings have been good though Sean Mackie the worst for me. 

23 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Oliver has been better of late but Burrell is a better finisher. Goals per minute stats are way better and unless we play another striker along with Oliver he'll continue to be judged on that. Up front v Alloa we had no wingers and Burrell had  basically no service.

McGlynns signings have been good though Sean Mackie the worst for me. 

Mackie was signed as a left back.

Guest Ecosse83

Never thought I’d be saying this 4 or 5 weeks ago but the starting slot up front is now Oliver’s to lose. We have goals all over now and Oliver makes that happen. 

Everything the club does seems to be a positive now, it’s amazing what a bit of momentum does to a club/team! 

I love Mcglynn!! 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Agree but McKay runs very close 

Whilst there's no doubt that McKay is very much improved, he's nowhere close to being POtY. I would have (in no particular order) McCann, McGinn, Henderson, Donaldson, Burrell, Morrison, Nesbitt, Kennedy and probably even Oliver ahead of him.

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Another woke nugget pops

Have you just used "woke" unironically?

If so, wise not to invite anyone to crawl back under a rock when you are so consumed by the right wings culture war that you are using a word that has no meaning and no use other than to be regurgitated back at something that "wasn't like that in my day"

20 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Are Ayr full time these day? Only reason playing a Monday night might give us an advantage 

Yeh, been full time since the 2017/2018 season where we won L1. Was a big part of us actually getting our shit together.

19 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

image.png.16c1aacb1b2a7a283ef116ca9643e091.pngShoutout to myself and 10 others that saw this over a month ago :) 

Nah I'm not having this take either. 

Being up there and linking play well but not scoring or even really getting on the end of any chances (as was the case when he first came in as the lone striker) is not good enough. The difference over the last few weeks, admittedly probably because he was given the time by McGlynn, is that he has started to find these chances and continues to link play well. He has become that 'complete' striker that we need.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was even more animated at fulltime on Monday. Every time I saw him rushing to the fans he would do the fist-pumping thing and turn away, and you would think that was him finished. Then ten seconds later he would grab another teammate and was rushing up to the support again. I think it's safe to say he was well motivated for the game. 

fulltime (1) .jpg

fulltime (2) .jpg

fulltime (11) .jpg

fulltime (12) .jpg

fulltime (13) .jpg

fulltime (22) .jpg

Liam Henderson FSC