The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Friday night would be acceptable. The weekend would be better. Monday night would be shite, so that's probably what we'll end up with 

Depending upon where they plot the Ayr game in, if its the Friday 10th or Saturday 11th I think we’ll play the rearranged Dunfermline game Tuesday 14th. If it’s Sunday 12th or Monday 13th we may play the rearranged Dunfermline game Tuesday 7th, however at one time you didn’t need to play rearranged games in the midweek leading into a Cup Tie, that may now have changed ?

31 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Last night really was most enjoyable wasn't it?

The exposure was tremendously helpful to the club as well I think. I've had loads of messages from pals I've not spoken to in ages, and folk at work with only a passing interest in football saying they caught the game and thought we were great. The quality of goals was commented upon often.

Now, none of these people are going to buy a season ticket tomorrow, but many other lapsed or 'soft' Falkirk fans will have been enticed back for a game or two I think.

See if you can get them to sign up for the FSS! ;)

40 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Last night really was most enjoyable wasn't it?

The exposure was tremendously helpful to the club as well I think. I've had loads of messages from pals I've not spoken to in ages, and folk at work with only a passing interest in football saying they caught the game and thought we were great. The quality of goals was commented upon often.

Now, none of these people are going to buy a season ticket tomorrow, but many other lapsed or 'soft' Falkirk fans will have been enticed back for a game or two I think.

What a difference it is. Work down south and few people in the office tuned in when the Liverpool game was done at 2-0. Impressed with the standard, proper goals and proper atmosphere. 

Bit of pride in being a Bairn again 

Without doubt getting into the QFs has given the club and supporters a massive boost, the timing couldn’t be better.

Genuinely thought that it would be years before we had the chance/right to make a Hampden appearance, massive credit to M&S for putting together a football team that care about the club and jersey, compared with the hordes of imposters that have donned the NB in the past few seasons.

Yes we’ve won Fck all, but with the continued level of performance that wiped out Darvel be sustained, it won’t be for the lack of trying.

Had a look at who’s out of contract at May 31st. 
PJ - McGinn - McDuffie - Nesbitt- Oliver - Lawal - Burrell and a few fringe players. Interesting who gets offered new terms.

Guessing all decisions will be weighed heavily on which league were in.
For the first time in 4/5 years we’re not faced with a first team rebuild.

48 minutes ago, Springfield said:

PJ - McGinn - McDuffie - Nesbitt- Oliver - Lawal - Burrell and a few fringe players. Interesting who gets offered new terms.

This.

Glad we freshened up the squad and have brought better in but hopefully we are working - and players want - to extend their deals.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Without doubt getting into the QFs has given the club and supporters a massive boost, the timing couldn’t be better.

Genuinely thought that it would be years before we had the chance/right to make a Hampden appearance, massive credit to M&S for putting together a football team that care about the club and jersey, compared with the hordes of imposters that have donned the NB in the past few seasons.

Yes we’ve won Fck all, but with the continued level of performance that wiped out Darvel be sustained, it won’t be for the lack of trying.

There's a years option on mcginn which I bloody hope we take up.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Sure we have options on adding a year to all the above bar Mcguffie, Nesbitt and I'm not sure on PJ 

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes our defending of set pieces after he Mackay went off wasn't anywhere as good as it had been . Hope it's not a serious knock.

I don’t agree. He was the worst player in the team when he went off. MacKie IMO gives us more balance. Heard it was a gash on his leg 

Edited by Back Post Misses

16 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Worth it just to laugh at everyone tipping Darvel to win and ending up absolutely wrong!

The tipping of Darvel was ignorant and utter nonsense. There were a few, who probably had looked at things properly, and they were thinking we would win. Tam McManus fancied us “very strongly” for example. 
I am really glad we kept our powder dry and said hehaw and let the media focus on them. I am sure it took a good bit of pressure off. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The tipping of Darvel was ignorant and utter nonsense. There were a few, who probably had looked at things properly, and they were thinking we would win. Tam McManus fancied us “very strongly” for example. 
I am really glad we kept our powder dry and said hehaw and let the media focus on them. I am sure it took a good bit of pressure off. 

McGlynn handled the whole situation perfectly.  Think he must have really hammered the homework as all the players interviewed mentioned it! That his style

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Sure we have options on adding a year to all the above bar Mcguffie, Nesbitt and I'm not sure on PJ 

Morrison will be a terrific keeper IMO. Heard how vocal he was the other night organising the defence too. He has hardly put a foot wrong since he got fit again after a couple of shaky games just after he came back. We have not lost since his first game back. You don’t do that if your keeper is not up to standard.