The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Mental how shite that view was last night. My calves are agony from standing on my toes all night.

Albeit, it reminds me how class terracing is at a game. Had some good craic with some of the supporters.

Aye, they really shouldn't be allowed to sell tickets for a game where a high percentage of the away crowd can't see the match, despite the fact (I assume)* that there are warnings to that effect when the tickets are being purchased.

I didn't see either of the first two goals and was lucky to see the last 3 properly.

*Canny mind. :unsure:

Was impressed by Falkirk last night. Some brilliant goals and assists also. Should be a tight game in the QF, despite you lot being L1 diddies.

I'll be gutted if our tie is chosen for the Monday night, would really impact on the potential crowd for both sides. I assume we would be given the full end behind the goal?

Edited by AuAl

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Meant to say as well that this wasn't just a walk in the park against some duff junior outfit, Darvel have a squad that is well above that and wouldn't look out of place in L2 or possibly even L1. The team and management deserve enormous credit for the job done.

Yep, the media writing the narrative that Darvel are a David handing out beatings to several Goliaths. Pretty obvious that money is being pumped in there just like Kelty, Gretna, and the Launderers.

Their dressing room alone looked to be much better than the majority of Scottish Clubs.

Scottish football remains a great place to take a club from Lowland to even Championship level for a fraction of the transfer fee of a below average full back in the English second tier…..and you have a media willing and able to churn out the fairytale gash to anyone willing to listen.

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Was impressed by Falkirk last night. Some brilliant goals and assists also. Should be a tight game in the QF, despite you lot being L1 diddies.

I'll be gutted if our tie is chosen for the Monday night, would really impact on the potential crowd for both sides. I assume we would be given the full end behind the goal?

……and why pray tell would you want the full end? Wouldn’t one seat each be enough? 😬

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just did the full rewatch on the tele, Richard foster is a fud and I thought Neil McCann had some interesting insights, pretty much the only one all night not to just spout clichés

When they were discussing the draw, he seemed to make a point of not mentioning us as a former club of his, the wee Diddy 

47 minutes ago, AuAl said:

You will get the whole stand but I highly doubt you'll fill it

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Some earlier posts suggesting that by reaching the QFs, were somewhere near 250K including TV money. Anyone able to confirm as that’s a hellava large slice……

48 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Can see the 1/4 final between the two least fancied teams getting a TV slot. This would follow the march of the Diddy teams theme

The last two rounds have had 4 televised ties in each. Seeing as there is only 4 ties in the quarters they should all be shown or are they cutting it down to 2 of the ties or what?

26 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Asked on the cup thread about Tv picks. Seems like 2 on viaplay (guaranteed to be the 2 bigot brothers games) and 2 on BBC. Most likely we will be Friday night or Monday night which is a bit shite but oh well. Would prefer Friday 

From a purely selfish point of view I'd like the Friday or Monday as I can't make the Saturday but we'd obviously get a better crowd on the Saturday.

Slightly off topic but I see McPake and Yogi being touted for the Motherwell job. Give it to yogi and they'd have been aswell keeping Hammell, give it to McPake and it's a massive shot in the arm to our title hopes and he might just keep Motherwell up. Please let it happen. 🤞