The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we need to have a little bit of perspective IMO. We finished 6th last year, absolutely miles behind the champions and some distance outside the plays offs. We had a squad that wasn’t fit to wear the navy blue, changing managers every season and a shambles off the park too. The club was at its worst point in my lifetime. Within a year, to be challenging for the title with two full time teams coming down from the championship and steadying the ship off the pitch is very good going IMO. Just because we’re “Falkirk in league 1” doesn’t give us or anyone else the right to be up the top end of the table just because of who we are. I would have snapped your hands off for play offs this season considering the points I’ve just mentioned and the fact Montrose, Airdrie etc are well set up teams who are very streetwise in this league. We all hope and expect us to be challenging in this league however I think we need to also be realistic.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

35 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I think we need to have a little bit of perspective IMO. We finished 6th last year, absolutely miles behind the champions and some distance outside the plays offs. We had a squad that wasn’t fit to wear the navy blue, changing managers every season and a shambles off the park too. The club was at its worst point in my lifetime. Within a year, to be challenging for the title with two full time teams coming down from the championship and steadying the ship off the pitch is very good going IMO. Just because we’re “Falkirk in league 1” doesn’t give us or anyone else the right to be up the top end of the table just because of who we are. I would have snapped your hands off for play offs this season considering the points I’ve just mentioned and the fact Montrose, Airdrie etc are well set up teams who are very streetwise in this league. We all hope and expect us to be challenging in this league however I think we need to also be realistic.

Yeah but apart from that we really need to go up. 

32 minutes ago, grumswall said:

So you're only a proper fan if you've visited TFS? Quite weird criteria... 

Come on now. If you see yourself as something beyond a “home games only” supporter, and you have followed your team for two decades, but have not been to TFS for any of the near enough 20 games your team have played there in that time, then yeah, it’s a fair question.

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Come on now. If you see yourself as something beyond a “home games only” supporter, and you have followed your team for two decades, but have not been to TFS for any of the near enough 20 games your team have played there in that time, then yeah, it’s a fair question.

That's a bit harsh. A lot of people are intimidated by big crowds.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Had we not to play them twice then I would hold my hands up and say they were home and hosed. But we do and we are IMO more than capable of winning both games. 

We are capable of winning both matches, we are also capable of dropping daft points like Tuesday night and handing the initiative straight back to Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

In my view if it’s considered unrealistic for Falkirk to be challenging for the third tier title, we may as well shut the doors. I suspect McGlynn would agree.

I certainly wouldn’t “bite your hand off” for minimal improvement on the worst season in decades, particularly when we’ve brought in 17 new players.

Guest Brockvillenomore
42 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view if it’s considered unrealistic for Falkirk to be challenging for the third tier title, we may as well shut the doors. I suspect McGlynn would agree.

I certainly wouldn’t “bite your hand off” for minimal improvement on the worst season in decades, particularly when we’ve brought in 17 new players.

It’s 18 by my count. To give perspective 5 of them have just arrived. 1 is out for the season already.  

Three are youngsters either out on loan, or just left school. 

So that’s ten new players who have been here from the start of the season. Not quite 17. You’re only out by 60% 😂

3 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

It’s 18 by my count. To give perspective 5 of them have just arrived. 1 is out for the season already.  

Three are youngsters either out on loan, or just left school. 

So that’s ten new players who have been here from the start of the season. Not quite 17. You’re only out by 60% 😂

We’ve brought in 17 new first team players this season- Donaldson, McGinn, Oliver, Burrell, Henderson, Morrison, Mackie, Yates, Allan, Lawal, Kennedy, Meekison, Wright, Rowe, Alegria, Kinnear and Hogarth.

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not saying DAFC will collapse like we did although we hope they do but remember we were 9pts clear at the end of March a couple of years back. Anything can happen, loads of football to be played. 

Not a chance that Dunfermline will implode like the shower of imposters that we had then.

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not a chance that Dunfermline will implode like the shower of imposters that we had then.

You’ve matched us point for point over the last couple of months and have added well, whereas we’ve lost one decent loanee and replaced him with another. Even beating us once and finishing a close second could give you decent momentum in the play offs. Plenty to play for. 

Edited by Shandon Par

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve matched us point for point over the last couple of months and have added well, whereas we’ve lost one decent loanee and replaced him with another. Even beating us once and finishing a close second could give you decent momentum in the play offs. Plenty to play for. 

Don't think anyone is suggesting that our season is done.

We just had title aspirations and hopes of avoiding the need to win play-off games against Airdrie, Arbroath or Accies. In the end it becomes a lottery and momentum can count for little.

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Don't think anyone is suggesting that our season is done.

We just had title aspirations and hopes of avoiding the need to win play-off games against Airdrie, Arbroath or Accies. In the end it becomes a lottery and momentum can count for little.

Is far from a lottery tbf. It's a difficult couple of weeks, but the winner will deserve it.  

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Look here, Falkirk supporters, you'll get your chance to win this league at some point. However, it will not be this season and being honest most of you have admitted as much. Dunfermline are a team built of reslience, they will not throw away this season.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is far from a lottery tbf. It's a difficult couple of weeks, but the winner will deserve it.  

Queens Park finished 4th, 21 points behind Airdrie last year (and weren't particularly great) and yet over two-legs beat Airdrie who results wise had the momentum most on here seem to think we'll need heading into what appears to be our best shot at promotion with the title looking wrapped-up.

Appreciate Airdrie are absolute bottle merchants which is small comfort.

Edited by Blame Me

35 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Appreciate Airdrie are absolute bottle merchants which is small comfort.

Who we have beaten once in the past four seasons.

Stones and glass houses springs instantly to mind when other clubs are being accused of lacking bottle.