The Falkirk FC Thread

A really very satisfying win. Full credit to McGlynn for making the perfect changes. The pitch is very narrow and nullified Kennedy and Morrison. The switch to Burrell, Allan and Wright worked wonders and we had much needed strength up top and some fight. Kelty bullied us for large spells and at 75 mins it looked bad, until Allan nipped in to score. Been needing a poacher for a while. Burrell’s goal was class and he made sure with the amount of power he put in to it! Full credit to M&S though, taking the two wingers off and the two scorers on. Kelty put to bed at third time lucky and a real feel good factor with us now. Great spirit. 

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Good 3 points in the end. Didn't look possible with 15 to go.

One thing I'll say is that McGinn looked lost for the first hour. Tidser absolutely dominated the middle of the park.

Also, get it right up you Higgy. Fucking wee mutant.

Agreed on Higgy. I bet he wished he never ran up to the Falkirk fans so smug after he scored.  Loved the chant at 90 mins “Higgy Higgy what’s the score?” 🖕😂

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Let’s not overlook 5 league wins on the bounce. Again, many moons ago that we last did that.

Let's also not overlook the fact we have come from behind to win 3 of our last 6, the team is showing some real determination and character just now.

I did think that the subs today had a sort of haphazard vibe but should have known that MyGlynn knew what he was doing. It's been really heartening to see us grind out some good wins in tricky away games of late. 

Long may it continue.

53 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Let's also not overlook the fact we have come from behind to win 3 of our last 6, the team is showing some real determination and character just now.

I did think that the subs today had a sort of haphazard vibe but should have known that MyGlynn knew what he was doing. It's been really heartening to see us grind out some good wins in tricky away games of late. 

Long may it continue.

Whilst the comebacks have been excellent I wouldn't want to rely on that too many more times. Let's get the best team on from the start on Tuesday .

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whilst the comebacks have been excellent I wouldn't want to rely on that too many more times. Let's get the best team on from the start on Tuesday .

The “good headache” which all managers like to have. It’s a hard call to make as although the starting XI may not be the ‘best’ combination, McGlynn has definitely got a winning formula using the full squad of players over the 90 mins. I get why he won’t change a winning team in that regard, and sticking with the same starting XI. Six wins on the bounce it’s hard to argue.

36 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Agreed. I’ll give credit to McGlynn for the squad that he’s built and the improvement in a number of our existing squad, but I’ve still got a few concerns re why he persists with some of the line ups. There’s a common theme of us falling behind as a result of not picking the best team and we have to rely on what should be the obvious choices to start bailing us out in the latter stages. We won’t always get away with that.

That said, we are so much better than we’ve been since we came down thanks to McGlynn mainly…..

Edited by roman_bairn

Guest Caractacus Potts

To win 5 on the trot and dig out results like that is brilliant. Definitely looks like we are ridding ourselves of the soft mentality that has plagued us the last few seasons. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

44 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Agreed, today especially the “winning team” was the team that finished. The started 11 was losing, so by the logic of never change a winning team it should be the one we finished with today that plays on Tuesday. Doubt it’ll happen though but who am I to judge when whatever McGlynn is doing is obviously working. 5 league games and 6 in total is immense.